Mod Compatibility/Redundancy Notes

Baldurdash or any other previous fixpack

We used the bug lists from previous efforts to fix bugs as a starting point. If the bugs aren't already fixed by the Fixpack they will be in future versions. Installing Baldurdash alongside Fixpack will result in a lot of issues.

D0Tweak

The 'Corrected Demon Animations' component is included in the core fixes. 'Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior' and 'Ghrey's Holy Symbol Fix' are included as Optional But Cool components.

Ease of Use

Ease of Use is deprecated by the more modern (and actively supported) BG2 Tweaks. If you insist, however, note that the Edwina Portrait component from Ease of Use will overwrite our Edwin/Edwina 'gliding animation' fixes. This is not the case with the same component from BG2 Tweaks.

LuvNalia

Sir Billy Bob's repackaged Nalia romance will report errors when trying to patch ar2904.bcs. These are non-fatal errors.

Oversight

The' Alignment Corrections' component was used as a basis for the alignment changes in BG2 Fixpack, making them semi-redundant. 'Improved Continuity' is included except for the Saemon Havarian bits; it should be safe to install if you want to get the extra Saemon material.

Quest Pack

The Revised Hell Trials component will generate warnings if the Core Fixes of Fixpack are installed. A workaround is available.

New incompatibility, reported by erebusant via email.

Check the Bodies apparently uses some of the BG resources that we nuke in the Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack. For now, don't use the modder pack if you want to play CtB.

edit: credit where credit's due

Im having problems with G3 fixpack v1. I installed Bg2, then Throne of Baal and newest patch. Everything works fine. Then i installed G3 fixpack w/o all features, only core fix. And after that, Reign Of Terror v2.0.

And apparently, G3 Fixpack corrupts RoT 2.0. When i start up a new game, the cutscene where you hear a "Death sound" and Irenicus comes in to do some tests doesn´t show. Instead, the screen is dark a good 10 seconds, then every character just stands around doing nothing, it doesn´t hang or anything tho.

I have tried to install G3 fixpack after RoT, but it doesn´t work either. So i changed to Baldurash instead, and it worked fine. Have any clue what i have to do, to fix that problem ?

Im having problems with G3 fixpack v1. I installed Bg2, then Throne of Baal and newest patch. Everything works fine. Then i installed G3 fixpack w/o all features, only core fix. And after that, Reign Of Terror v2.0.

I have tried to install G3 fixpack after RoT, but it doesn´t work either. So i changed to Baldurash instead, and it worked fine. Have any clue what i have to do, to fix that problem ?

this is an issue with RoT, not with the fixpack: RoT hasn't been updated since the release of the fixpack, and so is attempting to modify a script block that has since been corrected by the fixpack - and so is not installing properly. there is no current solution to this, but workarounds can be found/ asked for over at SHS. specifically, i'd recommend asking in erebusant's install thread, as he's become the expert in fixing the messes made by other mods in AR0602.bcs (which is the file that is causing the problem you are having).

I can´t seem to get any useful answer over at SHS. Does anyone here know a custom fix to this, i´d be eternally grateful (almost).

If you had read the threads over at SHS you would have seen that seanas said he was going to take a look at it and release a patch for it.

ronin

The following mods are included and do not need to be installed:

Do you really mean mods, as opposed to mod components? Because judging by the specifics in the list, it looks like components to me. (Or am I just being congenitally stupid?)

Guest Morken

I have a TOB install that includes fixpack2, and, at the end of the install, refinements.

In Irenicus dungeon, my solo F/M/T, intelligence 13, wearing no armour, but with the "Armour" spell active, holding a shortsword and medium shield some kind of casting failure chance that is NOT documented.

This is a repeatable bug. If the character just stands and casts some spells, some of them will result in 'casting failure'.

I think its from fixpack2, combining with refinements (armour rules changes).

Somehow, the game is treating the armour spell as real armour with a spell failure chance?

Or has the medium shield got some spell casting hinderance that is not documented.

From fixpack2, I DID choose the "can cast in heavy armour" module.

From refinements (installed last), I DID choose the same module.

Somehow they are combining to produce a spellcasting failure chance.

Archived