Changes from other mods

CamDawg

Why don't you play a bit further in the alpha and find out? :D

urm...just out of curiosity, how far does the alpha build go???

obviously the romance portions are still being written by bri, so we have banters, and dialogs...any subquests???

what was included in the alpha??? :wink.gif

Things done:

NPC banters

Personal items for Del and levels

Small Spell hold encounter

3 Random encounters (not really quests)

This leaves:

Romance and flirts

The main story arc

Incidentals include:

Other interjections (you know, small additions in other conversations, where appropriate, as well as telling things to other non characters...like Salvanus, or the Gypsy at Trademeet).

Voicing

And sending the last music to Camdawg.

From a writing standpoint, I think we are at 60% done (considering we didn't really start until the end of Sept, that's not to bad)

The goal of the playtest is really for game balance. I want to make sure Del doesn't end up over or underpowered. To further test this, the upgrade path for Delainy's spear is there as are her kit powerups and howls. The random encounters are included to see if people thought the incidents make sense and also (if it comes to it) the fights are reasonable.

Reviving an old thread to add a few more silver weapons.

Flame Tongue +4 (SW1H24) is tagged as a silver weapon.

Alburin +1 (SW1H34) is also tagged as a silver weapon.

Sword of Flame +1 (SW1H53) is tagged as a silver weapon.

Angurvadal +4 (SW1H60) is tagged as a silver weapon.

Angurvadal +5 (SW1H61) is tagged as a silver weapon.

The Answerer +4 (SW1H77) is tagged as a silver weapon.

Carsomyr +5 (SW2H10) is tagged as a silver weapon.

Silver Sword (SW2H15) is tagged as a silver weapon.

Silver Hilt (SW2H15A) is tagged as silver.

Carsomyr +6 (SW2H19) is tagged as a silver weapon.

Azuredge (AX1H10) is tagged as a silver weapon.

The silver weapon flag is actually a deprecated flag left over from BG1. Delainy already drops the Silver Hilt and Silver Sword. With the rest of them, I could not find anything in their description that indicates they're actually silver, so I left them off the list.

Probably just a leftover tag that isn't used.  It seems that the "Silver" tag is also used in some cases to prevent the item from being sellable (even though there is another tag which is actually meant for this purpose).

*slightly left of topic*

I never came across a forged tag. Perhaps the silver tag is used as such, since there is no use for it. Anything is tagged "silver" after being stolen for example. Then again I have never looked into stolen stuff with any of the tools.

This is probably more info than you wanted, but... BG1 and BG2 use different systems for determining which weapons can hit special creatures. BG1 had much fewer creatures that had these types of protections; generally it was a simple requirement of a magical weapon. BG1 used item flags to determine if a weapon can hit--specifically the "magical" flag for creatures like vampiric wolves and the "silver" flag in the case of the greater wolfweres. BG2 deprcated these for the most part (though the "magical" flag is still used) in favor of enchantment level. A creature requiring +x weapons to hit really means the weapon needs to be at least of x enchantment.

@Caedwyr

I remember someone claiming that over in the BD forums though I thought it was contradicted. I think it may have been the "non-cold iron" flag to boot.

Anything is tagged "silver" after being stolen for example. Then again I have never looked into stolen stuff with any of the tools.

If you open any item on DLTCEP you will see an 'unsellable (critical item)', IEEP has this down as 'silver'. The 'unsellable (stolen item)' flag is listed as unknown in IEEP and NI. Where did you see stolen items with the critical item flag?

@Caedwyr: I did that TeamBG search, it seems that more than one flag was/is dubbed silver, which can definately confuse matters. It seems I was half right (BG1 not PS:T specific), eh?

Anything is tagged "silver" after being stolen for example. Then again I have never looked into stolen stuff with any of the tools.

If you open any item on DLTCEP you will see an 'unsellable (critical item)', IEEP has this down as 'silver'. The 'unsellable (stolen item)' flag is listed as unknown in IEEP and NI. Where did you see stolen items with the critical item flag?

@Caedwyr: I did that TeamBG search, it seems that more than one flag was/is dubbed silver, which can definately confuse matters. It seems I was half right (BG1 not PS:T specific), eh?

Now you got me confused: So 'unsellable (critical item)' exists, but is listed as 'silver' in IEEP (I only used that). Your second sentence means exactly the opposite to me. Is it 'silver' or one of the unknowns (There are at least two IIRC) that gives an item the taint of being 'fenced'

@Where did you see stolen items with the critical item flag?

I didn't. I just wanted to create originally 'fenced' goods and failed miserably. Hence my curiosity.

Item flag descriptions a la IEEP, DLTCEP & NI:

IEEP                  DLTCEP                       NI
----                  ------                       --
Silver(?)           - Unsellable (critical item) - Unsellable
Two Handed          - Two handed                 - Two-handed
Droppable           - Movable                    - Droppable
Displayable?        - Displayable in shop        - Displayable
Cursed              - Cursed                     - Cursed
Copyable?           -  (always set)           - Not copyable
Unbreakable/Magical - Magical                    - Magical
Bow                 - Bow                        - Bow
Silver?             - Silver                     - Silver weapon
Cold-Iron?          - Cold Iron                  - Cold iron
?                   - Unsellable (stolen item)   - Unknown
Conversable         - Conversible                - Conversable
?                   - Pulsating (PST)            - Unknown
?                   -                         - Unknown

Edit: Why is are smilies showing up in a code box?

Archived