Undroppable item flag

Miloch

I've created a CRE in BG1 and set a couple items on it to be undroppable (and unstealable). I can confirm the flag is set by looking at the CRE's inventory in both NI and DLTCEP. I can't steal the items, but when the CRE dies, the items are in its inventory. Is this expected behaviour, not working, me doing something stupid or what?

You are doings things correctly, it is the flag which does not work. I know that BioWare use items, specifically rings, to grant immunities and such to various creatures and that these items do not drop. Looking at RING99.ITM which is worn by all skeletons I noticed that the ITM has no flags set on the CRE but instead the ITM is simply not flagged as droppable. So that is how to do it.

-Echon

Bugger. That was going to be my next question though, since I noticed she wasn't dropping the MAGE05 I gave her for free action. I guess I'll have to sub in copied items for the BG1 part of this mod then (it is also Tutu/BGT/BG2 compatible), unless I can just patch existing ones on the fly.

Edit: Oh and btw, the mage05 ring has an effect 101 protection from opcode (158 Grease) I was still able to slow her with grease. More BG1 buggery or what?

Edit: Oh and btw, the mage05 ring has an effect 101 protection from opcode (158 Grease) I was still able to slow her with grease. More BG1 buggery or what?

No. Opcode 158 is the graphical overlay. The part of Grease that slows characters is opcode 126, Movementrate Bonus.

-Echon

Archived