Are you going to rescue or enslave Aklon?

Bardess

Are you going to rescue or enslave Aklon?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Guest

BigRob, so does this mean that you may not include the option to keep Aklon a slave? I'll snap him up no matter what, but it is really great, imo, to have great replay options! :)

Even though most of my PCs would never even consider *not* freeing Aklon, regardless of their alignment, I think including the possibility is a thoughtful option. It's impossible to include every possible RP option for the PC, but the more options you give, the better.

This isn't coming out right. Maybe I shouldn't try to make posts like this at 3 am.

Let me try it again. Things don't always have to go well for the NPC. Life thows obstacles in their path, just like life. Giving the PC an opportunity to abuse the NPC is definitely different from what BioWare did, but it's different in a good way. I hate looking at a menu of choices and thinking that all of them have the same net result. This most certainly doesn't do that, since the choices the PC makes can have far-reaching consequences.

If anybody can still follow my late night ramblings, I applaud BigRob's decision to allow the PC to mistreat Aklon. Not that I will!

I agree with the sentiment (including the fact that I can't roleplay a PC that would keep a man captive)(Is it sad that I actually feel guilty when I RP an evil character?) It is especially frustrating when you're faced with five or six different things to say or do or react and every single one of them somehow ends up fetching the exact same reaction from your NPC. Or--for instance--when you have a Bioware character like Anomen that you can really only give three responses to--fauning adoration, insulting snippiness, indifferent comment that's meant to hold off the discussion until later. I think BigRob's got the right idea; as hard as it is to write and code so much dialogue, it's really nice to *have* the option.

Errr... I think I went around my shoulder to get to my rear in that reply, but I hope the intent still stands.

BigRob, so does this mean that you may not include the option to keep Aklon a slave? I'll snap him up no matter what, but it is really great, imo, to have great replay options! :D

Oh, I will definitely be including the option to keep Aklon as a slave. He comes from Lehtinan's slave pits complete with controlling collar, and you can use the Overseer's orb you get from Lehtinan to keep him in line. Or you can try to get it off him, or you can leave it where it is and just give Aklon the Overseer's orb.

The only proviso though is that Aklon won't be in the romancing mood if you try to bend him to your will. You will be able to attempt to force him though, if you wish. Life wasn't meant to be easy, was it?

As for multiple options leading to the same outcome, it is a trick I've used a bit for PC reactions to Aklon's NPC interactions because it saves me time on the writing, but wherever possible in the romance, friendship and his player initiated dialogues, I've tried to give the player a number of paths to follow, which take the conversation in an all new direction. Among other reasons (er, not procrastination, definitely not that :) ), that's why the writing can be slow at times.

Guest Guest

I understand good writing takes time BigRob. Aklon is worth it. Somewhere I thnk I saw that he should be out in my summer and your winter which is next month maybe?

Well I think if he makes me wait too long I may enslave him first! Then I would do a new game romance and be really nice to him. But for now my devil is coming out in me and I may be a little mean to him at first because I can't help it! : ) Or maybe I'll just kill Aerie and if that satisfies me I can be really nice to Aklon and have a great romance. : )

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Sadly, I think there's more writing to go than I'll be able to get done before the beginning of winter, but I have been moving faster over the last week or so than I have been. Anomen's romance conflict is about half done now and I'm hoping to get it finished in the first week of next month. After that the writing should go somewhat faster, and I'm hoping to be mostly finished for SoA in about August.

As always though, please don't hold your breath.

Thanks for the kind words. :D

Sadly, I think there's more writing to go than I'll be able to get done before the beginning of winter, but I have been moving faster over the last week or so than I have been. Anomen's romance conflict is about half done now and I'm hoping to get it finished in the first week of next month. After that the writing should go somewhat faster, and I'm hoping to be mostly finished for SoA in about August.

As always though, please don't hold your breath.

That was me I now registered.

Thanks for your response and I wish you well. I'm glad Aklon is coming along and I think I can wait a little longer. He's worth doing well.

When he is ready HE can make me hold my breath! :)

I'm just talking about writing. Scripting will take some more time. How long, I'm not sure, but since I have to do something specific and known to get the dialogue/action in the game (even if I don't immediately know what that is) I imagine it will go faster than the writing.

As to releasing both SoA and ToB together, I was planning on starting a poll at the point I finish writing for SoA to see if people want Aklon released as a unit. If I decide to write ToB first, it will take a bit more time to release, of course, but hopefully not too long, as ToB is rather short.

As to releasing both SoA and ToB together, I was planning on starting a poll at the point I finish writing for SoA to see if people want Aklon released as a unit. If I decide to write ToB first, it will take a bit more time to release, of course, but hopefully not too long, as ToB is rather short.

I know if you have a poll I will actually say I want SOA. I don't usually want only SOA because sometimes I don't think the creater/s will actually finish their npc. I know that you will and Aklon will not be left hanging in eternity. Besides we all would come after you with wet noodles or something! :)

I'll try to get the breath holding brought forth as fast as possible. :)

well, it looks like we'll all be developing a very large lung capacity. but hey, when Aklon does come out, we can all let that breath out in a long and heartfelt sigh of adoration. aaahhh... :)

"There is nothing more dangerous than a caged man who has everything to gain by becoming free" - someone/ somewhere/ possibly made-up/ actually I think it is made-up

I'd play through the enslavement option just once to see what it's like but afterwards I'd feel so guilty (pathetic I know) that I'd have to play through the entire thing again granting him freedom. Plus, I think most of my characters, even the sick and twisted one (She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named) would never enslave him simple because of the above statement.

Archived