problem adding items to areas

Rikka

Hello all,

I'm working on an IWD2 mod and have been unable to add items to existing areas using the following method that supposedly works fine. :)

Here is an example of the method that was suggested to be by veteran modders. This particular example is a test case that I created when I discovered that all of my own "official" addins failed to add the item to the proper containers, in spite of the IF block being properly appended to their ARxxxx BCS files.

IF
 Global("NEWITEM_AR1001","LOCALS",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
ActionOverride("Hidden Brick",CreateItem("00RING11",1,0,0))
SetGlobal("NEWITEM_AR1001","LOCALS",1)
END

I also tried this slightly different version, without success.

IF
 Global("NEWITEM_AR1001","LOCALS",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
GiveItemCreate("00RING11","Hidden Brick",0,0,0)
SetGlobal("NEWITEM_AR1001","LOCALS",1)
END

I tried both EXTEND_BOTTOM and EXTEND_TOP for my BAF "compilation/adding to BCS" without success.

I used the above Area (the warehouse) and container ("Hidden Brick") because it was very near the start of a new game and I knew EXACTLY which container it was. I also used the item "00RING11" in my tests because it's a very obvious and memorable item (a ruby ring) that can't be confused with the other early junk.

Any suggestions as to why neither of these is working? Could this be some sort of IWD2 specific issue? And short of using DLTCEP to force my new items into the ARE files themselves, is there any other way of adding new items?

FYI, I actually asked over at the WeiDU forum for them to add a new WeiDU command "ADD_ARE_ITEM", and they suggested the above (first) code fragment, rather than having to add a new command to WeiDU.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that might be rendered. :)

Archived