Spell cheat/tweak

Guest Munchkin9

Check out TeamBG's Spell System Adjustments Mod. It does exactly what you're looking for, if I read the docs correctly. I've never been able to get it to work with the mega-modification, but on a relatively mod-free game, it should work fine.

What sort of problems have you encountered?

I haven't used this mod except perhaps briefly in testing, but I don't think it does this. What is seems to do is eliminate the need to rest in order to regain spells you've cast - it doesn't say it removes the pause between casting spells.

That is correct (though it does do other things as well).

Those items don't do it I tried they just shorten the time casting a spell it does nothing about the time in between which is what I am interested in.

The spelll adjustment mod does not do what I want I think, exactly like he^ said.

And I have not been able to get any of the mod converters to work.

Made a simple ring that does what you wanted - you can download it here. By the way, this is my first public mod released! :) I started making a semi-joke kit the other day and figured I'd learned enough to make this ring, so went ahead and did it. After I finish with the kit, I haven't decided whether I'll try to make more mods or not - might depend whether I end up getting sucked into playing LotRO or not. :)

Thank you for the ring but I am afraid I have not been able to try it yet because I do not Know how to install it.

Does anyone here know how to convert the ods I do everything I am supposed to do but when I try to run it says there is an error with the chitin key and that I must run it in a infinity engine game directory. Which I am doing: In my BG2: SoA main directory.

could someone please tell me how to fix this please? Thank you in advance.

I've just downloaded it to see what might be the problem and I have a question for you Munchkin9: In your main directory you need to have 3 different things from that mod: The folder called "god ring", the .exe file and the .tp2 file. Do you have them three?

When you unzip the GodRing.zip, the .tp2 file is included into the GodRing folder, so if you haven't done, copy (or cut and paste) the .tp2 file into the main SoA folder so you will have the 3 different parts, then install it.

If that doesn't help you, maybe the mod has a bug.

Hope that it helped.

Got a PM saying he figured it out. By the way, the file now contains 2 rings: one that removes the delay between casting spells, and another that allows spellcasters to cast a near infinite amount of spells per day - just in case anyone else is looking for uber hax. :)

Thank you for the rings again.

But about the installation ON A MAC (just in case someone did not know yet) I used a shortcut: I just put the file in override. My problem is with the Weidu Mac thing. I replaced the file Setup-Godring.exe with weidu-mac and named weidu-mac to Setup-Godring. I then put the God ring folder in my main directory, I also put the old Setup-Godring.exe, and the Setup-Godring.tp2 files in my directory with the wiedu-mac conversion of Setup-Godring and it still gave me the CHITIN KEY error.

I would be very thankful (which I seem to be a lot lately) if someone could help me.

Archived