installing bg2fixpack in OS X 10.4.9

Guest Kid

Hello.

I installed BG2 and TOB and then dled the fixpack and extracted the files, the three of them, the folder and the other two into the bg2 folder on my hard drive. now, whenever I double click on the .command file to install it says,

The .command file ‘/BGII - SoA/Setup-bg2fixpack.command’ could not open. Most likely it is not executable.

Do I need to do something else. Do I need to install this Weidu program? I am at a loss at what to do.

Thanks

Steps to fix the problem:

1) open a Terminal from Finder

2) write 'chmod +x ' (without the quotes)

3) drag-and-drop there the files Setup-bg2fixpack.command and Setup-bg2fixpack from your BG2 directory

4) press enter in Terminal

5) try again installing.

What program did you use to extract the .rar? I know that some programs fail to preserve file permissions, resulting in the error you described (don't ask me which ones, I don't have a Mac).

What program did you use to extract the .rar? I know that some programs fail to preserve file permissions, resulting in the error you described (don't ask me which ones, I don't have a Mac).

UnRarX seems to be the common culprit in these cases.

Well. I was using some program called, 'The unarchiver' which, just like UnrarX, i tried both of them out, gave me the same error until you showed me the fix.

Thanks Very Much,

Is there any way to get the game to display widescreen on my macbook pro 15'? Just curious.

The windows version can only use the 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions, and I believe the same to be true for Macs. Anyway, you can run the game in window mode to avoid using a non-native resolution on the LCD.
Correct. The art assets are all the same, ergo the supported resolutions are all the same.

No widescreen, sorry.

Archived