Varscona sword replaced with Excellent one?

Guest Scalner

Guest Scalner

Hi all!

I just killed Greywolf the bounty hunter south of Nashkel mines (Prism encounter).

IIRC in vanilla BG1 (and BGT) he normally wield Varscona, +2 longsword. I now play EasyTutu, and when I loot his body, I find an Excellent (+1) longsword instead...

Is this normal? In the SCS readme it is stated under 'replace magic weapons with fine ones' section that only the +1 NOT named weapons are changed (or something like that, I'm working on memory there)

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

Scalner

Guest Scalner

The item code you indicated (_SW1H06) is exactly the code of the 'Excellent Long Sword' my character is now wielding (looked with Shadowkeeper). So do you think that there still is a possibility (besides reinstalling anything) to get Varscona via CLUA?

If not, that's really not a problem (for me), I'll continue my game with that particular sword. But I just hope that this shall be the only weapon incorrectly replaced in my game :)

Could it be a SCS v4 ('yet') unknown bug? Or something else?

So do you think that there still is a possibility (besides reinstalling anything) to get Varscona via CLUA?
From the looks of it, no :). Seems there's some overwriting here instead of custom item substitution. You'd have to uninstall SCS or at least that component to regain Varscona.

But from what I can tell, the Excellent Long Sword in SCS *is* in fact a +2 weapon, even though the description says +1. It looks like SCS modifies the description and the icon, but not the item itself. Possibly DavidW meant to use _SW1H04 to _SW1H05 in fineweapon.2da and use _SW1H05 instead of _SW1H06 in setup-scs.tp2. But it's not my mod; I'm just guessing.

Just out of curiosity: does SCS("fine weapons" component) leave any magical weapons, well, magical? Not fine, not excellent, not perfect - just +1/+2/+3 in their description? Sword of Backstabbing, poisoned dagger +2, Staff Spear +2, anything?

Guest Scalner

Many thanks Miloch.

Anyway, in the meantime I made a search via ShadowKeeper and in fact found Long Sword +2 'Varscona' in the items list. Strangely enough, its number was dw#swd02 (no capital letters :)). I tried to import it in my inventory... and it worked.

I'm no modder in the least and just hope that it'll help someone. And that I have not broken something in my game doing it. We'll see :)

Guest Scalner
Just out of curiosity: does SCS("fine weapons" component) leave any magical weapons, well, magical? Not fine, not excellent, not perfect - just +1/+2/+3 in their description? Sword of Backstabbing, poisoned dagger +2, Staff Spear +2, anything?

It should. Silke had a magical Quarterstaff+1 when I encountered her in Beregost for exemple.

Anyway, in the meantime I made a search via ShadowKeeper and in fact found Long Sword +2 'Varscona' in the items list. Strangely enough, its number was dw#swd02 (no capital letters :)).
It looks like from fineweapon.2da, he is keeping a copy of the original items (btw, resource names are case-insensitive so you can use upper or lowercase). And... he might even be putting the weapon on some (several) other creatures in the game, so you might still find copies of it. For this one he might've intended to use the Long Sword +1 though. Hard to tell, so hopefully DavidW will make an appearance soon (I know he's been busy lately though).
And that I have not broken something in my game doing it.
Wouldn't think so. Might be funner to try to see if you can find all four Long Swords +2 in the game though :).
Most of those should be intact; it just "replaces most of the standard (i.e. non-named) +1 weapons in the game with non-magical equivalents" according to the description.

Hi,

Yes, it's a bug, sorry. I'll fix it when I have a chance (I'd hoped to sort out a new release over Easter but probably it'll be another week or two now); in the meantime, CLUA in dw#swd02.

As for Kulyok's question: what SCS does is auto-replace all the +1 weapons. Then it goes back and unreplaces a few of them. Specifically, it leaves:

- the +1 axe in Feldepost's shop

- Drasus's morning star +1

- Wheber's dagger +1

- Diyab's hammer +1

- Silke's quarterstaff +1

- some Ogre Mage's bastard sword +1 (I forget which)

- Tel-anon's, Tuth's, Angelo's and Desreta's longswords +1

- Nimbol's and Thaldorn's shortswords +1

Yes, it's a bug, sorry. I'll fix it when I have a chance (I'd hoped to sort out a new release over Easter but probably it'll be another week or two now); in the meantime, CLUA in dw#swd02.

Thanks for the answer David,

I've already imported it with ShadowKeeper (instead of CLUA it) and I'm happy to see that the code was indeed the correct one.

Archived