Winski's Cacofiend scroll

Guest Petrushka

Guest Petrushka

Hi, I've just finished playing through BG Tutu with 1.2 beta 3 of this mod, and really enjoyed it (I found the Branwen romance sad -- in a good way).

However, there's one point about the mod that I felt made the ending a little ... well ... cheesy. I didn't have Dynaheir in my party, and when I found Winski in the Thieves' labyrinth I was surprised to find that killing or pickpocketing him gave me some items that, shall we say, made the endgame a bit easier than it probably should have been!

Admittedly sending a Nabassu against Sarevok and his minions isn't a clincher by any means (a Nabassu falls to Sarevok's party in about three rounds) but it made taking out his allies a LOT easier.

I'm not complaining, mind -- my party probably wouldn't have survived the final battle otherwise (they were mostly level 6 -- hadn't gone through Durlag's Tower or Ulgoth's Beard). Just ... throwing that out there.

Took me a while to work out which mod had introduced this pleasant surprise :-) I don't know if it's possible to make the scroll undroppable, or if that would even be desirable. Certainly I appreciated it!

The scroll and amulet are there definitely as reward for the enhanced encounter with Dynaheir in the party; with Dynaheir in the party you have to survive a summonned Tanar'ri. We had to tone down the Tanar'ri script because it was clobbering experienced player parties of higher level. I think we overlooked the possibility of pickpocketing those items; we will need to make them somehow contingent upon creation of the actual encounter. Glad they helped you, though :)

In latest internal, repaired by moving the item from tp2 to dialogue, and placing them on the final line.

Adjustment to D:\BaldursGateTutu\BG1NPC\TRA\english\X#DYNQST.tra

@207  = ~We have but to continue forward into the Undercity to find our fates. Perhaps these items from the fallen vremon can serve us with more success.~

Please check for fit and character!!!

Adjustment to D:\BaldursGateTutu\BG1NPC\Phase2\DLG\X#DYNQST.D

APPEND ~%DYNAHEIR_JOINED%~

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN X#DynaWinCompletedFinal
SAY @207
IF ~~ THEN DO ~GiveItemCreate("SCRL8I",Player1,1,1,0) GiveItemCreate("X#WINAMU",Player1,1,1,0)~ JOURNAL @208 EXIT
END

END

Removed corresponding item assignment from the fallen Winski. This separates the items from any .cre called, and places it in the same position as standard Quest rewards.

Archived