Voice Actor for Eirik

I'm busily writing (yeah, right!) dialog for Eirik at the moment. But there's never a right time, like the present, for seeking a voice actor.

Eirik is a Northlander Skald from the Moonshae Isles. Part poet, part councillor, and part warrior -- as expressive in speech as he is bold on the battlefield. I've been asked why I don't voice him myself? Two good reasons: A tenor voice, and I don't have sound equipment. I think someone with a baritone voice is more suited.

A basic soundset will need recording (~40 lines). Here are some sample lines, for those interested:

Time is pressing! Let us hasten with an eager desire.

--

Feel'st my deadly rain!

---

Awake, iron!

---

Enjoy with me that drink which is best, and we shall drink first and become glad and show our mettle, and let us strive for one thing only: that our valour will be remembered!~

---

Please send samples in MP3 or wav format to me at eirikthescald@gmail.com

Hi, Eirik, if you want to voice more than a voice set, it might actually help if your va didn't show up till everything is set in stone. STretching the VO job, you are risking to lose the voice actor somewhere half-way through :)

Yeah, but you'll probably be doing BG2, too - so you might want to save it for this, as well.

Trust me, Domi knows what she is talking about - and from my own experience, it is very true: the voice actor may just disappear or refuse to vocie more lines. And while it's easy to find someone for just a few lines, when you are talking about two hundred, it's suddenly much harder. Unless the voicing is done by Jason. :)

Well, you asked for it. I ran your lines through the Dialectizer to get the chef results (bork bork bork).

Before:

Time is pressing! Let us hasten with an eager desire.

Feel'st my deadly rain!

Awake, iron!

Enjoy with me that drink which is best, and we shall drink first and become glad and show our mettle, and let us strive for one thing only: that our valour will be remembered!

After:
Teeme-a is presseeng! Let us hestee veet un ieger desure-a.

Feel'st my deedly reeen!

Eveke-a, irun!

Injuy veet me-a thet dreenk vheech is best, und ve-a shell dreenk furst und becume-a gled und shoo oooor mettle-a, und let us streefe-a fur oone-a theeng oonly: thet oooor feluoor veell be-a remembered!

I'll see about recording some of those :).

People at Google must have a lot of time on their hands. Go to their chef Edfuncted Search and click on the "Occoorrences" drop-down.

Edit: Ok I'm wandering very far afield in your serious thread, but for another laugh, translate the text to "redneck" in the Dialectizer and look at how it translates "drink." LMAO.

Archived