Request for advice

Guest asquonk

Guest asquonk

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could help with a piece of non-mod-related advice for Baldur's Gate II. I've tried asking on the official Bioware forums, but I haven't received a good answer, and I think people here have a better chance of answering it because of their knowledge of the engine.

I'm playing through the game for the first time, using the FixPack from this Site, and the multi-romance changes from the TweakPack. I have no other mods installed.

In Chapter 6, I reached the point where Bodhi transforms one character into a vampire - she picked Aerie (I think because Aerie's romance was the first one to be completed? Is this correct? At this point all the romances were finished). I took Aerie to the temple of Amaunator, but when I placed her corpse and the Black Heart of Bodhi in the statue, a graphic of a dead body (not an item that I can pick up) appears on the ground. It doesn't highlight when I mouse over it, so I can't resurrect it.

Is this a bug, or did I miss something earlier on? I did rest a few times in Bodhi's guild, so perhaps this is the problem? Was Aerie supposed to walk away with all of her items when Bodhi captured her? In my game, her items were dropped on the floor. Can I work around this by dropped her from my party temporarily and having Viconia picked instead?

Thanks for your help.

Guest asquonk

I wanted to point out that the AerieVampire stat is stuck at 3 after the "resurrection", so whatever script is executing, it doesn't get to 4.

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could help with a piece of non-mod-related advice for Baldur's Gate II. I've tried asking on the official Bioware forums, but I haven't received a good answer, and I think people here have a better chance of answering it because of their knowledge of the engine.

I'm playing through the game for the first time, using the FixPack from this Site, and the multi-romance changes from the TweakPack. I have no other mods installed.

In Chapter 6, I reached the point where Bodhi transforms one character into a vampire - she picked Aerie (I think because Aerie's romance was the first one to be completed? Is this correct? At this point all the romances were finished). I took Aerie to the temple of Amaunator, but when I placed her corpse and the Black Heart of Bodhi in the statue, a graphic of a dead body (not an item that I can pick up) appears on the ground. It doesn't highlight when I mouse over it, so I can't resurrect it.

Is this a bug, or did I miss something earlier on? I did rest a few times in Bodhi's guild, so perhaps this is the problem? Was Aerie supposed to walk away with all of her items when Bodhi captured her? In my game, her items were dropped on the floor. Can I work around this by dropped her from my party temporarily and having Viconia picked instead?

Thanks for your help.

I'd wanted to say something about that, but I can't think of what could be causing that. I've had it work using the multi-romance patch before.

And yes, for some reason, it is always Aerie. Maybe it's alphabetical, or maybe it's just that her script block is first?

I honestly can't recall whether her items were dropped on the ground in the graveyard when she was abducted, or if they fell with her corpse in the blood room. The graveyard does sound familiar, though.

Guest Guest

There is a short thread in the Bioware Forums relating to this.

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?t...um=106&sp=0

I noticed that Kevin Lynch said that when the resurrection occurs, the interface is supposed to pause "so that you can't interfere". This isn't happening, and presumably it's the very first thing that should happen, so something is clearly screwy with the script. Also, Aerie spawns right on top of the character in front of the statue, so Kevin's hypothesis (that Aerie is not resurrecting because you're occupying the spot) seems possible . . . although, since the interface is failing to pause entirely, it seems like the real problem is somewhere else.

The "short piece of information" that's supposed to come up as you approach the statue, if you've "read the book", never comes up in my game. I don't know what variables control this, so I can't check them, and I don't know what scripts control all this or how to look at them, since I don't really know much about the engine.

Kevin said something about a "MoveGlobal" command. I tried using it, but the CLUA console doesn't seem to like the coordinates - it says something about lua not parsing the "[" character.

I don't know anything about the scripting engine, so I can't fix or fiddle with the problem myself. I can upload a copy of the save if people are interested. It seems like a bug for the FixPack. Is there a forum where this should be moved?

I'd wanted to say something about that, but I can't think of what could be causing that. I've had it work using the multi-romance patch before.

And yes, for some reason, it is always Aerie. Maybe it's alphabetical, or maybe it's just that her script block is first?

I honestly can't recall whether her items were dropped on the ground in the graveyard when she was abducted, or if they fell with her corpse in the blood room. The graveyard does sound familiar, though.

The latter. (Technically, since it's dialogue, her branch is last since they go bottom-up, but now I'm just being insufferably pedantic.)

They get left in the Graveyard.

As for the OP's issue, I'm sorry I can't offer any help as I honestly don't know what could be causing it. I don't think I've ever encountered trouble reviving the romantic interest.

edit: It looks like the container script simply moves Aerie there in her last known form. Did she get killed in the Graveyard when Bodhi abducted her?

Guest Guest

Yes, she did get killed, and that was the reason. It's rather annoying since I took special care not to cast any area effect spells when she was abducted. One of the vampires must have attacked her.

Well, I suppose for a bug that appears every five years or so, spending two hours to fix it isn't such a big deal.

Thanks for the help, everybody.

edit: It looks like the container script simply moves Aerie there in her last known form. Did she get killed in the Graveyard when Bodhi abducted her?

Archived