Compatibility with UB

Guest Amgot

Guest Amgot

Hi all,

I'm planning on starting a BG1+TotSC run with Easy Tutu soon. It seems that the two best mods for this are BG1 NPC and BG1 UB (beta for tutu). I've been following the discussions around compatibility between those great mods but - at least on Pocket Plane forum- , discussion only revolve around the corrected Sarevok's diary. What I would need is just a list of non-compatible components in each mod, so I can skip them during the installation and play without bugs.

Thanks a lot for your help and sorry if this has been asked before

Guest Guest
Here you go - scroll down to section 4.2 where it says "Special Case" etc.

oh no!!! I didnt notice this section of stuff NOT to install from UB.

So I installed UB first then BG1NPC, but I installed everything from UB.

What should I do to fix this?? Should I copy over my save games, and then clean out my baldurs gate directory and start over? Copy my saves back and hope for the best?

Or maybe I can just re-install UB with the correct stuff, and then re-install the BG1NPC pack over it and everything will be happy?

Any suggestions?

Domi is 100% correct for new game starts - to use your old saves though, is probably not going to work quite right.

You may not actually run into game-stopping bugs, so don't worry - if you are into a game at the moment, just play through. You may have some NPCs say things twice, you may also not see some dialogue, but it probably will not have any show-stopper effects on your game.

If you are finished up a run, however, now would be the time!

1. delete your old saves (different install order=unusable saves)

2. Uninstall all mods.

3. Reinstall mods with the newest versions available, following the install order thread;

4. If you are using the latest UB for Tutu version (updated this month), you should put UB *after* BG1 NPC, as it will not install conflicting content. (I need to change the thread to reflect this new behavior). If you are using the older version and can't get the newer one, just install it following the recommendations :)

Guest Lima
Domi is 100% correct for new game starts - to use your old saves though, is probably not going to work quite right.

You may not actually run into game-stopping bugs, so don't worry - if you are into a game at the moment, just play through. You may have some NPCs say things twice, you may also not see some dialogue, but it probably will not have any show-stopper effects on your game.

If you are finished up a run, however, now would be the time!

1. delete your old saves (different install order=unusable saves)

2. Uninstall all mods.

3. Reinstall mods with the newest versions available, following the install order thread;

4. If you are using the latest UB for Tutu version (updated this month), you should put UB *after* BG1 NPC, as it will not install conflicting content. (I need to change the thread to reflect this new behavior). If you are using the older version and can't get the newer one, just install it following the recommendations :)

Hmm thanks for the tips.. Frusterating since I tried to be so carefull when installing everything yesterday, and now it looks like I will have to start all over!

oh well. I am only a few hours into the game, so it looks like the safest thing to do would be to start over again. Also since I installed UB first, which looks like is no longer the correct install order.

Thanks for the detailed help

Well, I apologise for the thread not being updated... I am trying to get that done by this weekend. To be clear for everyone, the new version of UB for Tutu does all the work for you; if you install BG1 NPC first, UB will detect it and simply not install anything that conflicts.

We are trying to figure a good way of reciprocating, but it is proving very difficult...

Archived