Adding kits with an ingame NPC

St_Vitruvius

I've been trying, unsuccesfully, to figure out how to add kits to a character in BG2 via an ingame NPC, the tutor, to the PC.

The trouble is, that:

AddKit(I:Kit*KIT)

only adds the specified kit to the creature running the script. I want my tutor to add the kit to the pc during a dialogue, where he checks for different conditions. The dialogue and the conditions are allready in place and apparantly working just fine. I just need to figure out how to add the kit.

I believe I have to make him add a script to the PC, that uses the AddKit, but I can't find a way to do that either..

Can anyone help me out? Have anyone tried doing something like this?

Sincerelly

St_Vitruvius

I solved the problem! The solution was to make the NPC set a global variable in the d-file:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN yesAkhVelar
  SAY @22
   IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("SRPlayer1Elf_Knight","GLOBAL",1)~ EXIT
END

And then, adding a script to the NPC doing the rest:

IF
Global("SRPlayer1Elf_Knight","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("SRPlayer1Elf_Knight","GLOBAL",2)
ActionOverride(Player1,AddKit(SRElven_Knight))
SmallWait(5)
PauseGame()
END

I'm doing the exact same thing you are right about now, and I don't see why your first bit of code wouldn't work. Mine is identical aside from the ActionOverride targeting LastTalkedToBy() instead of Player1 and it's working great. Your solution isn't excessively complicated, though.

EDIT: The last 4 hours of my life have been wasted trying to figure out what I was doing incorrectly with my ActionOverride(LastTalkedToBy(),AddKit(SWASHBUCKLER) action when the problem was instantly fixed with BG2 Fixpack's Super Happy Fun Lucky But-Kind-of-Annoyed-They-Didn't-Find-This-Earlier Modder Pack component.

Archived