Multiple Brus spawns

Guest Truper

Guest Truper

I'm not sure what the protocol is on this, since it is listed in both the outstanding bugs list and the fixed bugs list in the outstanding bugs thread, but with fixpack v3 installed, this bug still exists.

When Brus spawned right after Valen told me about Bohdi's offer to meet me in the Graveyard, I got 8 copies of him.

Fixpack is the only mod I have installed, so a mod conflict is not responsible. If details would be helpful, let me know, and I will post them.

I never saw this with Baldurdash installed.

When Brus spawned right after Valen told me about Bohdi's offer to meet me in the Graveyard, I got 8 copies of him.

IIRC, the multiple Brus issue was for the spawn after initially meeting Gaelan, not after Valen.

If details would be helpful, let me know, and I will post them.

Yes, please. SoA/ToB, patched, where did it happen, etc., etc.

Guest Guest

Details:

ToB, patched, BG2 Fixpack only mod installed.

It happened in the Temple District, right outside Helm's Temple. The quest reward for the Unseeing Eye quest put me over the 15,000, so as soon as I exited the temple, Valen and I had our little chat, and then Brus showed up as usual, except that there were 8 of him. It didn't affect the dialog, and all 8 of him wandered away after the dialog was done. If it could possibly matter, in the party were Jahiera, Minsc, Keldorn, Aerie and Yoshimo.

The only changes FP makes here is to assign a "brus" DV to brus.cre and brus2.cre. The only Brus spawn post-Valen is from baldur.bcs, using brus3.cre (which has a brus3 DV):

IF
 !Exists("BRUS")
 !Exists("BRUS3")
 Global("SpawnBrus","GLOBAL",1)
 GlobalTimerExpired("MakeBrusWait","GLOBAL")
 Global("ImTooSexyForThisBrus","GLOBAL",0)
 AreaType(OUTDOOR)
 Global("WorkingForAran","GLOBAL",0)
 Global("WorkingForBodhi","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
ClearAllActions()
CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("BRUS3",Player1,0,0,0) // Brus
ActionOverride("brus3",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
END

Does Exist() work in unexpected ways? Does it fail like See() when run from the master game script? I know it's not how I would choose to do it, but I'm still not seeing how this block is able to repeat.

This is my block:

IF
Global("SPAWNBRUS","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalTimerExpired("MAKEBRUSWAIT","GLOBAL")
Global("IMTOOSEXYFORTHISBRUS","GLOBAL",0)
Global("WORKINGFORARAN","GLOBAL",0)
Global("WORKINGFORBODHI","GLOBAL",0)
Global("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",2)
AreaType(1)
AreaType(8)
!AreaCheck("AR0800")
!AreaCheck("AR2000")
CombatCounter(0)
!Exists("BRUS")
!Exists("BRUS3")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
ClearAllActions()
CreateCreatureObjectOffscreen("BRUS3",Player1,0,0,0)
SetGlobal("SPAWNBRUS","GLOBAL",2)
ActionOverride("BRUS3",Dialog(Player1))
END

My guess is that it's more suckage with ClearAllActions() unintentionally clearing the current actions of the current block. Exists() should work fine, but who knows what funk is really going on behind the scenes.

Added for v4:

// Viccy can romance half-orcs; more multi-brus fixes
COPY_EXISTING ~baldur.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Race(Player1,0)~ ~Race(Player1,HALFORC)~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Global("SpawnBrus","GLOBAL",1)~ 
  ~Global("SpawnBrus","GLOBAL",1) Global("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",2) !AreaCheck("AR0800") !AreaCheck("AR2000") CombatCounter(0)~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("BRUS3",Player1,0,0,0)~
  ~CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen("BRUS3",Player1,0,0,0) SetGlobal("SPAWNBRUS","GLOBAL",2)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

Setting the global may break his dialogue (can't remember). I also don't think we need to extend the trigger list (like I said, it should be fine by default; I'm just notorious for *really* reinforcing stuff that tends to break).

SpawnBrus sets to 2 after the dialogue by default, no?

(I'll check when I come home, and it's very probably all right in your code, but since I'm using this variable in Xan's dialogue, I am a bit paranoid this way).

Archived