*spoilers* Killing Xan's romance in ToB

Kulyok

In one of the romance paths Xan breaks up with PC in SoA and approaches her in ToB, begging for forgiveness/a second chance.

But, if PC's romance with someone else is at 2 at that point, Xan obviously shouldn't and wouldn't do that. Otherwise it'd be very silly, like "Um, PC, could we get together again?" - "Well, you see, I am expecting Kelsey's baby now...".

I need to SetGlobal("O#XanRT15","GLOBAL",3) - if it is ToB and PC is in RomanceActive=2 with anyone else. Could you please include it in the next version, if it is possible - maybe even via Romance Conflicts?

I've just realized that while "Romance Conflicts" component has "all participants agree on this" tag, this one will be one-sided, which might not be so well. So, please, do not code this into the mod. My apologies.

Yes, I know it is possible technically. But I'm more about this permission stuff. I mean, I've seen a mention of using Xan's scripting in Darian's forum FAQ, and my first thought was:

"In what way? Does it contradict my intent? Can Darian v1 break Xan v5? Do I have to deal with extra bug reports? Storyline breaking?"

- and my second thought was

"But that's what I'm possibly doing, too, by implementing this extra scripting bit in Crossmod without asking the authors of other romances! I'd better drop it!"

... so in the end, I'd just rather rely on the existing "Romance conflicts" Crossmod component, and deal with each romance individually, should both authors desire to collaborate/write crossmod material. If not - well, then, so be it.

Hmmm, yes, but if existing modders have already given their consent, or even their request, that their romances be killed when others go to 2 or that other romances be killed when theirs does, this falls under that heading.

I don't think any of the modders involved said: OK, I want to kill the romance for Kelsey or Chloe but not for Tsujatha. I think it was all done by blanket permissions.

If you do want to do it this way, do you want the kill scripts for mutually approved mods to be included as a separate component, as with the rest of the kill scripts? Yes, I understand that it's currently done in bulk, not individually, but players have the option of installing it or not. Did you want to allow that, too, or lump it in with the romance conflicts?

If you do want to do it this way, do you want the kill scripts for mutually approved mods to be included as a separate component, as with the rest of the kill scripts?

I don't have any at this point. :) It'd probably go different in each individual case - but I mean, a proper romance conflict isn't about kill scripts, there're banters and whatnot. But it shouldn't interfere with Romance Conflicts component - it should add to it. I don't think it should be a separate component: rather, as a part of NPC John-NPC Xan banters(see Kivan-Xan for an example, though they don't have a conflict, per se).

(edit: a banter example. Sucked.)

Okay fair enough. It's also possible to do what I've done for Kelsey-Solaufein. They have blanket romance killing (that does sound a bit like smothering with a pillow...) with all NPCs except each other as Jason has already written specific handling of that case via dialogue.

(see Kivan-Xan for an example, though they don't have a conflict, per se).

Does this mean they do at least acknowlege each other's romantic involvement with the PC? I always thought this particular conflict would be interesting considering they are both incredible NPC romance mods (not to suggest that I think mods like Edwin and Tsujatha aren't awesome!) and I was left frothing at the mouth for more Xan-jealousy after the Kelsey/Xan sample.

*SPOILER* Please do not highlight if you do not want to read the following.

Also, will any crossmod content be added for the part of Xan's second romance path when he breaks up with PC? Like will Kelsey yell at him for not being loyal to her, or will Kivan reprimand him for getting cold feet?

Crossmod Banter Pack v5(and v6, v7 and so forth, I hope ;) ) has Kivan-Xan and Kelsey-Xan banters. Some of them are romance-related: two between Kelsey and Xan, one between Kivan and Xan. And, yes, they both recognize the fact and make conclusions.

(There're quite a few Kivan-Kelsey banters, as well; I can't recall if they're romance-related, though).

As for your (spoiler) question, I am afraid the answer is no - at least, for now.

Archived