Please feed hungry forum!

Nythrun

They have black squirrels in New York City's Fort Tyron Park, by the Cloisters. They are gigantic, and have enormous plumed tails. I was standing by the visitor center, idly watching a woman setting out lunch for her two children, the younger of whom was probably about 3. This squirrel jumped up on the table, stole a chip from the toddler's plate, and scampered off, leaving everybody blinking after it.

You should have seen the one that tried to steal my wife's apple on a restbreak while we were walking out of the Grand Canyon.

Drat! I haven't seen a single one in the Grand Canyon area. :) Lucky you and your wife, this sounds so sweet. :D

You should have seen the one that tried to steal my wife's apple on a restbreak while we were walking out of the Grand Canyon.

Drat! I haven't seen a single one in the Grand Canyon area. :D Lucky you and your wife, this sounds so sweet. :)

I regret that I can't direct-link you to the picture because of the security on our servers (and they don't like Firefox either but I confess to being too lazy to sort that out), but if you'd like to see it, go here (IE6 or IE7)

www.simpilot.net/~dfdik

Scroll down to Arizona on the left, select Grand Canyon, then select Bright Angel Trail from the top menu and the picture is in that small section.

-Y-

Link has vanished :). Been to Charley-West twice; as a European I derive great amusement out of the American habit of blowing the tops off mountains to create airports. Having said that, the take-off view from Charley-West over the river really does qualify as spectacular.

-Y-

I regret that I can't direct-link you to the picture because of the security on our servers (and they don't like Firefox either but I confess to being too lazy to sort that out), but if you'd like to see it, go here (IE6 or IE7)

www.simpilot.net/~dfdik

Scroll down to Arizona on the left, select Grand Canyon, then select Bright Angel Trail from the top menu and the picture is in that small section.

-Y-

The little beggar! :) This was cute.

Okay, tit for tat, then: this here is me, in Kislovodsk.

(The squirrel reminds me of Lepus, frankly. Watch your pants).

Archived