Gavin v 1.3 in the works

berelinde

After that, he'll back off or they will, depending on the PC's choice.

I didn't understand this bit, so I thought I'd ask: do you mean the already existing mechanism - "If Ajantis' romance goes to 2, Xan's romance goes to 3" in the scripts?

I mean that if one of the three BG1 NPC Project romances goes to 2, Gavin's goes to 3. Version 1.2 had a typo in the script that prevented this from happening. This is fixed.

"Depending on the PC's choice" means that the PC has chosen to allow Ajantis, Coran or Xan to court her until the commitment dialogue occurred, not that Gavin's got anything to say about it, or makes any comments on any of the other romances, apart from cross-mod material that has already been reviewed and approved.

In the interests of full completeness, Gavin might still break it off with a PC who doesn't give him a sufficiently good reason to stick it out. If the PC has treated him dismissively up until that point (low value of B!GavinLove) and responds to his insecurity callously, he's not going to continue to pursue her. However, even a PC who has treated him somewhat coldly up to that point can still convince him to stay. As for the PC who has treated him kindly up to that point, he'll accept the flimsiest reason to continue to pursue her.

However, once another romance goes to 2, Gavin's goes to 3.

The PC will have the opportunity to persuade Gavin to remain with her, despite her interest in other men - up until a relationship goes committed. After that, he'll back off or they will, depending on the PC's choice.
I don't understand, does that mean the BG1NPC romances (including Ajantis') will continue for Gavin RA = 2 (committed Gavin romance)?

And, what means "persuade to stay", will Gavin leave the party if rejected?

Sorry if these are dumb questions.

The PC will have the opportunity to persuade Gavin to remain with her, despite her interest in other men - up until a relationship goes committed. After that, he'll back off or they will, depending on the PC's choice.
I don't understand, does that mean the BG1NPC romances (including Ajantis') will continue for Gavin RA = 2 (committed Gavin romance)?

And, what means "persuade to stay", will Gavin leave the party if rejected?

Sorry if these are dumb questions.

No, once Ajantis goes to 2, Gavin goes to 3. If Gavin goes to 2, Ajantis goes to 3.

This is just a slight change in the way the concurrency counter ends for situations where all relationships are still at 1, but the PC has several active romances going on at once. Previously, he became jealous and insecure and just broke it off with the PC. Now he gives her a chance to tell him he shouldn't end their relationship before it's time for her to make a choice.

Gavin won't leave the party if rejected, no.

Please let me know if this doesn't clear it up. I know we talked about the concurrency counter before when we talked about where it is all right to use Ajantis's romance checks. It treats all romances the same, so it doesn't make a difference whether it's Ajantis or Coran or Xan, but if it's all three, Gavin gets discouraged.

Oh, I'm working on him. I've been updating the top post with progress.

Version 1.3 isn't going to offer an awful lot of new content, but there will be some. I'm trying to finish his BG1 portion up so I can get going on BG2. So no more distractions by RE (or anything else) until it's out!

:cry:

And I finally got around to updating Gavin's website. It only took, what? Six months?

The good news is that the talk with Jolun at the Elfsong is almost done, which means that version 1.3 is getting closer.

All right, made some serious progress over the last few days, and managed to clear much of the to-do list.

Still have to have the rest cleared by the end of the week, though.

OK, all that's left is the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity, then it's off to cmorgan for Cross-Platform transition.

Yay! It's almost done.

Archived