Question about romance reputation requirements

Jadefang

If while in a romance, if your reputation falls outside the required range, does the romance terminate instantly? Or just come to a halt until it goes back into the required range? Or does it work differently/differ from case to case?

I'm wondering this because I'm conducting a romance with Dynaheir, but also playing with Tiax in the party. To avoid hitting 19+ reputation I'd go kill some random innocent, but it would normally cause reputation to fall below 11. So I'm wondering if it's safe to do this, or should I just CLUAConsole the Helm of Opposite Alignment in and stick it on Tiax for some whack safety measure?

Dyna's romance will start only if your Rep is higher than 10. Dyna won't talk to you, if your Rep is lower than 11. If it is higher again, yes, the romance will resume. Keep in mind, though, that her romance takes a long time to complete, and an even longer time with breaks.

To keep Tiax in party, you could just install "Happy Patch" from BG2 Tweak Pack(NPCs complain about the reputation but never leave), and you'll be all right with Tiax and a high reputation.

You could also use the new "Bardic Reputation" component, which is a roleplaying way of trying to manage your reputation. You can pay a bard to adjust your reputation downward; so between the temples for raising reputation, and the bards for decreasing reputation, you should be able to micromanage your party reactions to try to keep extremes (like Jaheira deciding to leave you because you did what she asked in her quest, and get positive reputation boosts for it so that she hits the "not in balance" and leaves) from happening.

You'll have to PM cmorgan to give you access to BG1 Playtesting forum - and he'll give you the link to the latest pre-release version we are testing now. (Meaning that it may have bugs, but it is still more stable than the one on the website).

Archived