Smarter Mages need to learn racial immunities

Jadefang

I been fighting Mutamin and the Red Wizards of Thay recently, and in both battles I summoned hordes of skeletons and Tiax's Summon Ghast.

The mages have all been using spells like Sleep, Dire Charm, Horror, and Hold Person(!) like idiots against these undead critters. Even worse is that they were only engaged with the summons; the rest of my party had been standing away from the battle almost the entire time, so they really don't have any excuse for trying to "splash" the effects.

Is it perhaps possible to make enemy mages recognize undead opponents and thus stop casting useless spells on them?

I been fighting Mutamin and the Red Wizards of Thay recently, and in both battles I summoned hordes of skeletons and Tiax's Summon Ghast.

The mages have all been using spells like Sleep, Dire Charm, Horror, and Hold Person(!) like idiots against these undead critters. Even worse is that they were only engaged with the summons; the rest of my party had been standing away from the battle almost the entire time, so they really don't have any excuse for trying to "splash" the effects.

Is it perhaps possible to make enemy mages recognize undead opponents and thus stop casting useless spells on them?

Yes, up to a point. Party-summoned undead hadn't particularly occurred to me as an issue, but it should have. Thanks for the feedback.

(Incidentally, allowing for "splash" in more than a rudimentary way is unfortunately rather beyond the capabilities of the scripting language.)

Guest erik
On a related subject, it isn't possible for enemy clerics to use Turn Undead, is it? It would be funny for an evil priest to steal control of the player's skeleton summons.

That would be a most excellent addition!

Archived