Item Revisions Mod

Demivrgvs

Staff of Thunder and Lightning +2 ---> moved at pag 11

Special Abilities (25 charges each):

Lightning Stroke: 10D6 (save vs. staff half) and stun for 1 round (save vs. staff neg.)

Thunder & Lightning: each lightning deals 6D6 electrical damage (save vs. staff half) and deafens for 3 rounds

Combat Abilities:

Lightning: 20% chance of dealing 2D6 electrical damage

Thunderclap: 20% chance to stun the target for 1 round (save vs. staff neg.) and deaf him for 3 rounds (no save)

THAC0: +2 bonus

Damage: 1D6 +2

Damage type: crushing

Speed Factor: 2

Proficiency Type: Quarterstaff

Usable By:

Druids

Clerics

What about the Equalizer? For a weapon that's all hyped up throughout the game (you find the first piece within an hour of gameplay and don't get the sword until about two-thirds of the way through SoA), it is somewhat weak?

At the least, it's enchantment should be +4.

As you say The Equalizer deserves to be a better weapon taking into account how you get it and when (by the time you can forge it you should have pratically finished SOA). As The Equalizer i think that weapons that have a certain impact on the plot as well as those that are forged after many perils should be weapons that you really desire to obtain. I'll post some ideas but for now i'm not sure about these changes and i'll be glad to hear suggestions.

Equalizer +4 ---> moved to page 13

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to charm & confusion effects

Combat Abilities:

Equalizer: inflicts additional damage depending on target's alignment

+0 vs. true neutral

+2 vs. lawful/chaotic neutral

+4 vs. good/evil neutral

+6 vs. other alignments

THACO: +4 bonus

Damage: 1D8 + 4

Not usable by:

Lawful good/evil characters

Chaotic good/evil characters

Carsomyr +5 ---> moved to page 7

Special Abilities (3 times per day):

Dipel Magic (as per spell, with 50% chance of succes)

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +50% bonus ---> already fixed by some mods i think

Combat Abilities:

Dispel: 50% chance on succesful hit ---> even at half rate it's still very powerful

THAC0: +5 bonus

Damage: 2D6 + 5, +5 vs. evil creatures ---> evil instead of chaotic evil

Usable by:

Paladin

Soul Reaver +4 ---> moved to page 7

Combat Abilities:

Energy Drain: one level (save vs death neg.)

Vampiric: drains 1d4 hp from the target and transfers them to the wearer

THAC0: +4 bonus

Damage: 2D6 + 4

Not usable by:

Good characters

Regarding useless items, certain quest items disappear when they fulfill their purpose while others stay in your inventory even after said fulfilling event.

Based on some of the suggestions posted in this thread (a Cromwell forging mithril items idea I had), I thought it might be fun to put some of those useless quest items to use via the mithril mod, just thought it might fit into this item overhaul mod you're talking about

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=11532

Change +1 weapons to Masterwork weapons

I don't know if he owns the copyrights but DavidW already did this in his SCS II (which i strongly reccomend for all its components by the way!). And i've even tought that +2/+3 weapons (that you can easily purchase in shops and/or that can be found anywhere it seems!) should be leveled down to +1/+2 weapons respectively.

What do you think about it?

Change Set Str/Dex/Con/Cha items to +X Str/Dex/Con/Cha items

Based on some of the suggestions posted in this thread (a Cromwell forging mithril items idea I had), I thought it might be fun to put some of those useless quest items to use via the mithril mod, just thought it might fit into this item overhaul mod you're talking about
I read that thread and it's a good idea indeed...but even if i always wanted to do a sort of Item Upgrade mod, finishing this mod and the other two i'm working on (which are Kits and Spells revisions by the way) it's already taking too long.

As per Improved Horns i think that Djinni, Efreeti, Kitthix,...can be improved too.

Black Spider Figurine ---> now it's really black and not green!

Special Abilities (once per day):

Summon Kitthix (5 turns) ---> i've made it a crossbreeding sword-phase spider

Characteristics (8 Hit Dice) :

STR 19, DEX 17, CON 14, INT 9, WIS 11, CHA 6; AL Neutral

HP 64, AC 0, THACO +10, Saving Throws 8/12/8/12/12

5 Attacks per Round, 1d6+8 Piercing + Poison (Legs & Bite +1)

Special Attacks:

Poison: 20% chance, 3hp/round for 3 rounds (save vs poison at - 3 penalty neg.) ---> too weak?

Special Qualities:

Magic Resistance: 10%

Immune to charm, confusion, fear, poison & web effects

What about adding some flavour to cursed items? Some of them may retain powerful abilities alongside the obvious disadvantages and the cursed flag. It can be fun and players will have to decide if using a cursed item it's worth the risk! Even the ring of Gaxx can be made cursed imo (side note: it won't be equippable by Paladins at least). I'd like to hear some suggestions on the matter...

Cursed Berserking Sword +3 ---> moved to page 7

Special Abilities:

Cursed: can only be removed with a 'Remove Curse' spell

Berserk: the wielder goes berserk and totally out of control whenever a fight take place

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to charm, confusion, fear, hold & stun effects ---> now you may want to wield it

THAC0: +3 bonus

Damage: 2D6 + 3

I have to decide to which armor apply it but one possibility is an armor that drains hit points when equipped and uses the life force sucked to fuel some powerful protection effects. :)

I've done more of them but i'll post only a few just to show that i'm still working on it. Unfortunately i'm proceeding slowly because of RL and it seems i'm running out of imagination which is the most important thing for this mod.

Hallowed Redeemer +2

Combat Abilities:

Heretic's Doom: silence target for two rounds (save vs. spell neg.)

Holy: +2D6 additional damage against creatures of evil alignment

THAC0: +2 bonus

Damage: 2D6 + 2

Firecam Full Plate Mail +1

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Damage Resistance: +50% bonus

Retribution: 5 points of magic damage to any who strike the wearer

Saving Throws: +1 bonus

Armor Class: 0

Movement Rate: -30% penalty ---> i've implemented movement rate penalties for heavy armors

Celestial Fury +3 ---> it's even more powerful than before...is it so wrong?

Lightning Bolt: 10D6 (save vs. breath half)

Batto: when Celestial Fury is drawn, thunder and lightning explode from the scabbard causing blindness (3 rounds) and deafness (6 rounds) to everyone within 10 feet (save vs. wand neg.)

Combat Abilities:

Booming Thunder: every successful strike causes a boom that stuns opponents for 1 round (save vs. spell neg.)

Shocking Blow: 5% chance of dealing 20 additional electrical damage

THAC0: +3 bonus

Damage: 1D10 + 3

Cloak of Mirroring

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +25% bonus

Shadow Dragon Scale Armor +5

Equipped Abilities:

Immunity to level drain effects ---> shadow dragons aren't black dragons!!

Armor Class: 2

Orc Leather +3

Equipped Abilities:

Charisma: -1 penalty

Physical Damage Resistance: +10% bonus ---> barbarians and druids should find it useful

Armor Class: 4

Girdle of Trollish Fortidude ---> it replaces Girdle of Fortitude

Regeneration: 1hp/sec (1 turn)

Equipped Abilities:

Constitution: +2 bonus

Stormlord's Cloak ---> it replaces the Cloak of Reflection, it's more reliable now

Equipped Abilities:

Fire Resistance: +25% bonus

Cold Resistance: +25% bonus

Electrical Resistance: +25% bonus

For those who are still interested i've not abandoned this project, some progress has been made but slowly because Spells Revision mod took most of my efforts. The latter is pratically finished and i'll soon resume my work on Items Revision. I've done two major changes to items...i hope they'll be approved by most of you.

Revised shield's bonuses

Personally i don't like that small, medium and large shield pratically offer the same protection therefore i've opted to something like this:

- bucklers: +1 bonus to AC (none vs. missiles)

- small shields: +1 bonus to AC

- medium shields: +2 bonus to AC

- large shields: +4 bonus to AC, -2 penalty to attack rolls

Further enhancement bonuses apply normally.

Revised armor's encumbrance

I never liked how wearing light, medium or heavy armor was pratically the same and i also dislike that a warrior can fully benefit from his 18 dexterity while wearing a full plate mail.

- (studded) leather armors: no penalties

- chain mail armors: 10% movement rate penalty

- plate mail armors: 20% movement rate penalty, -1 to dexterity

- full plate mail armors: 30% movement rate penalty, -2 to dexterity

I've not yet implemented the dexterity penalty because firstly I'd like to know what people think about it.

Will it be possible to have the movement rate penalties only apply during combat, so my party still moves as one unit?
I've thought about this inconvenient but there's nothing that can be done i think. At least a full plate armored warrior usually isn't a scout and playing with it i've not find it a big problem (actually i like it more than having heavy armored paladins runnning here and there at full speed). Anyway i can make it an optional component.
Both of your projects look interesting and promising. I was wondering if, after both are released, you would consider an item upgrade type mod to complement your item revision mod?
Yes i've thought about it and time permitting i'll probably do something like that but don't expect items to be as powerful as those in Item Upgrade or Improved Anvil.

Soul Reaver +4

Combat Abilities:

Energy Drain: one level (save vs death neg.)

Vampiric: drains 1d4 hp from the target and transfers them to the wearer

THAC0: +4 bonus

Damage: 2D6 + 4

Not usable by:

Good characters

I usually hold the name to something, and should be vorpal, slightly. :)

Or have like a 5% to drain them to level -1 and get rid of everything else? This, however, could be a very hard item to obtain. Think of a hasted Demon Knight with 5 apr Full plate + 2 and this item?

Icen

I usually hold the name to something, and should be vorpal, slightly. :)

Or have like a 5% to drain them to level -1 and get rid of everything else? This, however, could be a very hard item to obtain. Think of a hasted Demon Knight with 5 apr Full plate + 2 and this item?

Making Soul Reaver a two handed vorpal sword would mean making it a mere imitation of the Silver Sword. I think both level drain and vampiric effect are quite related to the sword's name. Soul Reaver is already used by the leader of the Demon Knights in Demogorgon's temple in the Underdark. The Demon is also equipped with a girdle of giant strenght and a full plate +3 (Armor of the Hart). I'll change the armor (which now seems more appropriate for a paladin even if a paladin shouldn't even do this "quest" which involves a sacrifice to the demon prince!) to a black full plate, approriate for a Death Knight or a Blackguard.

Archived