Alternate Portraits

Heh, every time I pick my favorite you seem to come up with a better portrait. :) Hildury is perfect!

The only thing that's off is Rizdaer's face. It looks too human, and a bit dead, but I know it's a tall order to get him right. If you decide to re-edit him though, maybe you will be able to do it after finishing the other four? Just so it does not become a stumbling block :)

That's so weird. I'm not crazy about the Hildury one at all and I rather think Rizdaer was my best so far. Cest la vie. So when you say 'too human' do you want him prettier or smoother looking? I was mostly going by the IWD portraits, and it seems that they have drow save one, as kind of rough looking. For now I've edited him a bit, angled his eyebrows, made him look a bit crankier and like he wants to rip off arms, unbroke his nose, and emphasised his cheek bones a little more. Just tell me what else you need done to him.

Edited by MrsCake

I love that smile! She reminds me the Firefly's Kaylee!

Do you think you will be able to make Peony's hair a brighter shade of light blue? (Ducks the stones) I know, I know, the whole forum can't hear another word about Peony's hair, but I swear, they are really important and supposed to be able to have a jaw-dropping effect.

Edit: Nikosh is perfect!

Edited by Domi
I love that smile! She reminds me the Firefly's Kaylee!

Do you think you will be able to make Peony's hair a brighter shade of light blue? (Ducks the stones) I know, I know, the whole forum can't hear another word about Peony's hair, but I swear, they are really important and supposed to be able to have a jaw-dropping effect.

Edit: Nikosh is perfect!

No worries, brighter, light blue hair coming up!

Edited by MrsCake

Fantastic portraits MrsCake! :)

Diriel has that "don't even bother talkin' to me" expression, it's just priceless and Peony looks sooo adoring! She's my best friend ever already! :)

Oh, and is it my imagination or Valeero actually reminds me of someone? :)

I know I've said this already, but I need to say this again. I love these portraits, they're absolutely gorgeous. :) They're all great, but if I had to pick a couple of favorites, I'd pick Jaemal, Salomeya, Prachi, Peony, Diriel and Valeero. Um, wow, I picked 6 out of the 10 portraits... :) Well, I just think you've done an exceptional job with those, they just fit seamlessly with IWD2. Three cheers! :)

Edited by Eleima

Diriel... Oooooh, Diriel... *gulp* The portrait alone makes me fall in love with a character. :)

And Prachi. Beautiful.

And when I read the character concepts, I realised these are two characters my protagonist would grow close to. And they are not romanceable. Ah.

Domi, now I totally understand what you meant when you said your favourite characters never turned out romanceable in games. :)

Actually both are partially romanceable, ie if you don't chose to pursue one of the main romances, you can have some romantic content with either one, and see what happens with it in the Epilogues. Diriel's outcome in particular is quite sensitive to what your PC elects to do romantically with him. Heck, if I were Obsidian I would have called it a full romance. (Insert the rolling on the floor laughing icon here). And yep, you have one particular poster, Kelenthial, to blame for it.

Mrs.Cake kindly gave me the authorization to use the portraits as defaults, so they will be the ones you'll see in the mod, and NWN1 ones will be the alternative :)

Edited by Domi

Those portraits look really awesome. I just now downloaded them and am gonna put them in my game!

I wish there were a full-fledged romance for Diriel. Weirdly enough he became my favorite character. He amuses me greatly.

I like the others though also.

This is great - I am definitely playing an elven female falling for Diriel first thing I download it.

You can run it in parallel with one of the main ones till very late in the game (Chapter 5), Diriel's principal conflict does not culminate till then.

Weirdly enough he became my favorite character. He amuses me greatly.

I'm glad he does! :)

And the portraits are incorporated into the mod. Again, I can't say enough how much I love them! :)