GAME CRASH ***HELP***

Guest BonerStorm

Guest BonerStorm

Game crashes when entering any of the temples in Temple District. Started when my Iachtu Xvim priest tried to walk into Helm's temple with the Temple Quest giver.

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO? :)

Game crashes when entering any of the temples in Temple District. Started when my Iachtu Xvim priest tried to walk into Helm's temple with the Temple Quest giver.

First you dont swear and second you post your weidu.log which is located in your main BG2 directory.

...but please let us help by giving us the following information, as suggested above...

1. What are the contents of your WeiDU.LOG file, found in your BG2 directory?

2. please set aside a savegame right before the error, just in case, so that if it turns out to be something that takes time to fix the experts can figure out what went wrong, and most of all, after you have saved the game,

3. If you move back to a save game before you enter the temple district for the quest, do you have the problem again? (Whether you do or not makes a difference in troubleshooting what could be wrong).

Guest BonerStorm

Pardon my lack of tact and my less than lovable forum handle. :)

I was up all night trying to get everything to work, spending hours staring at weidu install screens (is that what they're called?). Because of my frustration with this crash, I ended up completely reinstalling my copy of bg2, which apparently disabled all of my mods. When I tried to reinstall them one by one, they confirmed all my other installs, which made each install take forever and a half (I was also annoyed because I got error messages about how oggs couldn't decode, or something like that). I finally got everything back up and running again, but found out that my BG2 Xan had lost his soundset. I figured out that my copy of oggdec.exe in my override folder got corrupted somehow, so I deleted it, after which the sound decoding went swimmingly. SOOO... when I got EVERYTHING back together again, I loaded my saves (one in the gov district, one in the temple district) and, in every situation I tried, every time I go into any temple the game crashes.

Long story short, I've uninstalled and reinstalled stuff a half-a-dozen times (for instance, Divine Remix is uninstalled right now) so I'm not sure that the log will be useful. I'm sorry for schvitzing about it all night, playing around with stuff I don't understand, and then coming here begging for you guys to bestow your wisdom on me with copious obscenity. What I'm going to do now is (thanks to some advice from Kulyok) to wipe all of the mod installations that I have and start from the bottom up (shouldn't take me that long), seeing if the problem still happens. If It does I'll post again with my new weidu.log.

I hope that if I've shed light on a new bug, that my input will be helpful. :)

Thanks for your help, and sorry again for my impertinence and all.

Oh, no problem - lots of us are here because we have been exactly where you are :)

When you do a clean install, make sure you delete everything - the best way to avoud problems when you have put layers of mods over ebverything is to start fresh. Then put one mod on at a time, and check the ReadMe's before your next install. Savegames don't work so well on changed installations - but the good news is that this game has tons of permutations, so now you get a cool new one to have fun with.

If it does happen again, please let us know, though... it is very useful to get the feedback and fix stuff up. Noone spends modding time trying to make things that *won't* work...

Guest BonerStorm

After an all night moddathon.... everything worked out...

sort of.

When I import a cleric from BG1 into a Divine Remix kit he keeps all of the spells he had in BG1, including a bunch which he's not allowed to have (for instance, my authlim of iachtu xvim having two sets of cure serious woundses, one that cures him, one that cures others). That sucks, but I guess there's no real way to deal with that other than change the Authlim cure spells to "Authlim Cure Serious/Light Wounds" so that players can tell the difference. I definitely recommend it if the problem can't be fixed. Is it possible?

The other thing is I noticed that the dialogue with High Watcher Oosig is different from when I played it before. The other time he talked about how I worship iachtu xvim and how that makes me a real prick, and now he just talks about how I look like a "man of faith". Obviously I think the first is cooler. I think it got overwritten by Oversight. Is there anything I can do about that?

But besides those two slip-ups, the game's running fine. Thanx! I look forward to more of your awesome input.

Well, one way of fixing this (don't hit me, but it's true) is to play EasyTutu using DR, and then when you are done go on to BG2 wth your imported character... but you don't want to hear that if you have just completed BG1!!!

Unfortunately, the best/easiest solution if you want absolute matching (at this point) is manually note your stats, expeience, etc. for your BG1 Character using Gatekeeper. Then begin a new game of SoA, and build a new character as closely as you can using the DR kit. When Imoen enters and opens your cage, (at the first possible opportunity) save the gae, and open it in ShadowKeeper, and reset stats and experience to match your old character. Continue with your newly edited game, and the rise in experience level will kick in and you can continue to play.

As for Oversight, the joy of WeiDU is you can just back it out - just remember that if you have a savegame and you move a mod with dialogue to a new position you may need to restart (or you might find funny things happen, like the wolves saying "I did not know that Irenicus was an old fart" instead of their "ouch" growls, or such.)

Guest BonerStorm

Yeah, I thought you were going to say that about the Authlim :)

And I uninstalled that portion of Oversight and the cool dialog came back. Sweet! Thx!

Archived