Changing the names of the drinks in a tavern

Kulyok

Well the intox rate and the rumour chance are tied together.

If you drink stronger drinks, the chance of rumour is higher.

So both are right in this case :)

[edit]

And of course DLTCEP trumps all other info :)

Well the intox rate and the rumour chance are tied together.

So both are right in this case :)

I'll admit I haven't numbers at the ready, but, from what I recall, it takes the same time to get intoxicated on Evermead (20 gp) and some cheap 1gp beer.

And of course DLTCEP trumps all other info :)

I can't even run DLTCEP natively. That's as far as I can afford to trust it.

How lifelike :). Of course, IRL, the chances are pretty slim of you actually remembering any such information after the local equivalent of 3 or 4 pan-galactic gargle blasters. At least not accurately remembering it (if the rumour was even remotely accurate in the first place).

In this case, I actually think DLTCEP is more accurate (Viconia can only drink a few of whatever you buy). But this isn't indicative of the general quality of DLTCEP's labels. Rumors and booze are the absolute last things for anybody to care about in IE. :p

Well, unless there's a Mac-compatible DLTCEP or he has access to a PC, he probably can't do that. Possibly not even if he does, unless his version of NI is somehow more accurate.

I can vouch for DLTCEP being more accurate than at least the generic NI. If for no other reason than I've pointed out some inconsistencies to Avenger and he's promptly fixed them :).

For this particular label, maybe it'd be more appropriate to call it "Rumor %/Alcohol Strength" or something, if they actually are linked. And update the IESDP too of course. (And NI if anyone's still updating it, which doesn't seem to be the case.)

There is no alcohol strength parameter, this percentage effects rumor probability only. Vicky's a cheap drunk because she's frail.

Original research trumps everything else :)

bigg's code will work as written, but the FOR loop ought to have its predicate as

FOR (i = 0; i < drinks_count; i += 1) BEGIN
rather than drinks_offset.
bigg's code will work as written, but the FOR loop ought to have its predicate as
FOR (i = 0; i < drinks_count; i += 1) BEGIN
rather than drinks_offset.

Fixed. That's what you get after one year of absence from tp2 land.

There is no alcohol strength parameter, this percentage effects rumor probability only. Vicky's a cheap drunk because she's frail.

This was very important, thank you! So, I can easily write 70-80 for each drink.

Haha, it is very funny that dltcep gets bashed for being precise, then everyone (whom i would trust) says i'm right :)

Actually, i still think that field goes for both the strength of alcohol and the rumour chance.

Ok, Viconia isn't someone whom i would trust in this question.

Pick a dwarf when measuring alcohol strength.

The second column in intoxcon.2da is all that matters; it's the amount of drunken you get per drink.

I think it's actually this value +1, but it's a constant, and I'm not interested enough to recheck it at the moment :)

So as i understand this:

If I am a creature with 20 Constitution I will incur an intoxication penalty of 4 with every drink I imbibe. (Based on intoxcon.2da)

Taking the same creature I would need to imbibe 12.5 drinks to become intoxicated and incur a penalty to Luck/bonus to Morale. (Based on intoxmod.2da).

Roundings notwithstanding etc.

Edit: I've also noticed that they failed to attach any kind of intoxication to alcoholic drinks that can be found in the games. The only one I could find was Elven Healing Wine in IWD which both heals and gives an intoxication penalty. Wine, Berduskan Black Brew etc do not intoxicate.

Archived