Noob question - KITS

Landr

Okay,

I've only started modding about a week ago, and have just been making items at the moment. I wanted to make a kit for a Ninja, which I am making from the Ranger class, so that I can access his Stealth Ability. I Have followed the kit-making tutorial on this site, but did leave out things where I had no clue what to put.

I want the Ninja to have +20% stealth, only be able to use Katana/Wakishasi/Ninja-to, shortbows and daggers; and be able to become proficient in K/W/N (5) short bow(4) dagger(3) 2 weapon style(4) single weapon style(5) sword and shield(3) i am a bit unsure about how to do this. i also want him to have a backstab multiplier. I also only want him to be able to wear up to studden leather armout. I'm not sure how to do these propperly though, i thought that i had the weapons and profficiencies correct with the coding, but when i start a new game it is letting my put up to 2 star in anything. How can i do it so it will work properly, and also how can i set a 20% stelth bonus and backstab? i also want him to have a +2 save ms magic.

I didnt know what to do about my CLAB 2da file, the usability flags from KITLIST, the myspell file or the bam files?

Also i installed it, and then reinstalled it, and now its coming up twice in choose kit, any way to fix that?

Sorry that i have so many problems, but i have been trying for hours and i am stuck.

Also sorry about any spelling or grammar mistakes, im rather tired.

Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Landrrrr da n00b haha

I want the Ninja to have +20% stealth, only be able to use Katana/Wakishasi/Ninja-to, shortbows and daggers; and be able to become proficient in K/W/N (5) short bow(4) dagger(3) 2 weapon style(4) single weapon style(5) sword and shield(3) i am a bit unsure about how to do this.

Setting unique item usability is a problem, as you can't create new usability flags. There are workarounds, but unless you are dead set on them only using those items, it would probably be easier to forget about that aspect for now. The proficiencies are very easy to do, they are the second line in the ADD_KIT WeiDU action. Check WEAPPROF.2DA to see the ordering of the different proficiencies.

Edit: There's not much point in allowing the kit to put more than the default amount of proficiency points in the different weapon styles - AFAIK they won't provide any additional bonuses.

i also want him to have a backstab multiplier. I also only want him to be able to wear up to studden leather armout.

I don't think classes other than Thief can backstab (don't quote me on this) - is there any reason you would rather implement it as a Ranger kit than a Thief kit?

also how can i set a 20% stelth bonus and backstab? i also want him to have a +2 save ms magic.

I didnt know what to do about my CLAB 2da file, the usability flags from KITLIST, the myspell file or the bam files?

You can make .SPL files that give different bonuses and then in your CLAB file add them at level 1, using AP_SPELNAME. Look at some of the pre-existing CLAB files and the spells they reference to get an idea. For the usability, you need to choose one of the pre-existing kits' usability flags from the list, or 0x00004000 to share the same usability as your parent class. About the other stuff, I'm not quite sure what you're referring to - are you saying you've made custom .SPL or .BAM files already? If so, you use WeiDU's COPY action to copy them into the override folder.

Hi! Thanks alot for replying !.

With the weapons that can be chosen to use, i'm willing to leave this and then only equip charachters with this kit to use those weapons.

I found an opcode in DLTCEP (number X) which says CANNOT USE ITEM TYPE, do you know if this can be used to restrict other weapons? like i said i am willing just to leave this if it is overly hard.

I was wanting to use ranger, as i thought it kinda fitted with the whole NINJA thing, and also so that the kit would only get the stealth not pick locks etc. I was reading up about the other kit's for ranger and there is the STALKER kit, which already has +20% bonus to stealth, can only wear up to studded leather, and he also gains a backstab multiplier, although it is small. i was thinking of using this kit as my usibility flags? would this impliment the bonus to stealh and backstab aswell as restricting armour choices?

I have started to make a CLAB file, and i made a spell that includes an add +1 to backstab multiplier. i was wondering with the spell files, what am I meant to set the duration as? I currently have it as 1. PERMANENT.

ALSO i have it as TARGET = 1, NUMBER AND TYPE = 5(SELF), would that be correct?

And another question.. If i make weapons that i only want this kit to be able to use, do i set usability to the kit which i have as usuabilty flags?, i understand this will allow a vanilla ranger and the stalker to use it also, but thats no problem to me. At the moment i'm only making mods to improve my own gameplay and not nesseceraly share them out, so some things like this arn't as important.

Also i don't know what a bam file is!?, is this important or nessecary to the kit's creation?

Thanks for your help so far,

Landr

Hi! Thanks alot for replying !.

With the weapons that can be chosen to use, i'm willing to leave this and then only equip charachters with this kit to use those weapons.

I found an opcode in DLTCEP (number X) which says CANNOT USE ITEM TYPE, do you know if this can be used to restrict other weapons? like i said i am willing just to leave this if it is overly hard.

I don't have much experience dealing with this stuff, but checking the IESDP, I found "#181 (0xb5) Item: Can't Use Itemtype [181] ... ***This effect has never been seen to work.***" I've found it very helpful in figuring out different things.

I was wanting to use ranger, as i thought it kinda fitted with the whole NINJA thing, and also so that the kit would only get the stealth not pick locks etc. I was reading up about the other kit's for ranger and there is the STALKER kit, which already has +20% bonus to stealth, can only wear up to studded leather, and he also gains a backstab multiplier, although it is small. i was thinking of using this kit as my usibility flags? would this impliment the bonus to stealh and backstab aswell as restricting armour choices?

Hmm, I had forgotten about that. I guess it can be done on non-thieves. I'd assumed it was more hard-coded stuff. I don't think the usability flag would give those 2 bonuses, as they are specified as spells gained in CLABRN03.

I have started to make a CLAB file, and i made a spell that includes an add +1 to backstab multiplier. i was wondering with the spell files, what am I meant to set the duration as? I currently have it as 1. PERMANENT.

ALSO i have it as TARGET = 1, NUMBER AND TYPE = 5(SELF), would that be correct?

That should be okay. I think Timing Mode '9 - Permanent after Death' might be more reliable, though. You could also check out SPCL332, as that's what Stalkers use for the multiplier.

And another question.. If i make weapons that i only want this kit to be able to use, do i set usability to the kit which i have as usuabilty flags?, i understand this will allow a vanilla ranger and the stalker to use it also, but thats no problem to me. At the moment i'm only making mods to improve my own gameplay and not nesseceraly share them out, so some things like this arn't as important.

Yes.

Also i don't know what a bam file is!?, is this important or nessecary to the kit's creation?

No, they are just graphic files. You'd likely only need to create one if you were making a custom item or spell and you didn't want to use one of the pre-existing icons.

Thanks alot for your help Mike, i'm definately understand things a bit better now.

ARGH!, i've gone to install the kit, and i am now getting a parsing error?

heres what weidu comes up with:

[setup-NinjaKit.tp2] PARSE ERROR at line 34 column 2-4

Near Text: SAY

sintax error

even when i remove the lines from the tp2 file it keeps just giving other parse errors.

\whats going on?

Timing mode 1 "attached" effects will fall off if the character is ressurected or cntrl-yed. Most class abilities should take timing mode 9.

The cannot use itemtype opcode doesn't work :)

You'd have to post your .tp2 for people to be able to help you with it :)

Archived