Where is CamD? Where is G3 staff?

Azazello

We have two mods looking for approval and confirmations to establish forums, several posts requesting potential changes to CD-centric mods, and even devSin is asking "Where is CamDawg?"

This I was always afraid of. You should be too. Let's not get to the situation - again - where persons' legitimate Real Life Issues stall out the site. I do not want to hear "We have to wait for CamDawg..." There must be other G3 staff who can at least approve the mod adoption requests.

People, can we get things moving?

{Seriously, I'm not mad. My apologizes if I sound too harsh. Just want us to keep a lively site - one not stalled when one or few staff go away.}

Just out of interest: if these mods get forums, will they be released faster?

{It's not idle curiosity. I am working on Romantic Encounters for the moment, and I seriously think that getting a forum will actually hamper the progress a good deal. Oh, and I like communicating in brackets.}

(Hmm, if jcompton disappears for a while, does it mean I could add Mang0's Hip-Hop Mod to the site? Definitely something to ponder on...)

I think I was more just shouting at the rain. While it's certainly possible that something happened that has prevented Cam from being active lately (I didn't get the memo, but I never do), it's not unusual for his six-month-hiatus, two-month-spurt, six-month-hiatus, ad infinitum.

I was actually more surprised that he was around so long through Versions 2 and 3 of the fixpack than him currently being MIA... And I don't know that there's really any other "staff" around anymore (they all grew up, out, and away).

Still, this is pretty valid:

There must be other G3 staff who can at least approve the mod adoption requests.
In the extended absence of an administrator, people will be forced to host their content on other sites. There must be a reasonable balance between having a sole administrator and having a whole flotilla of "admins."

What no one is saying outright is "We can't do anything until CamDawg comes back." Except me.

Is that the case? If so, we got to tell people the sitch.

Just out of interest: if these mods get forums, will they be released faster?
Yes.

I notice we get more out of you when the collective whip is snapped at your heels.

I can understand your frustration but I've seen many of the Gibberlings online whether on MSN or otherwise. Perhaps one could talk to them?
There's a difference between gibberlings and staff. Your staff is your icelus and Andyr and Idobek, maybe Domi and some other long-forgotten relics. The rest are all poseur.

What no one is saying outright is "We can't do anything until CamDawg comes back." Except me.
I'm saying it. I don't know who you'd even go to when Cam's not around, so it must be true.

I'm a poseur, ie I hold no admin powers, just a forum moderator and a gibberling, thanks gods for that. :)

Global Mods (ie Bri, Grim, etc) have more extended capabilities, so they might be able to help with forum maintenance. For mod discussion/approval or changes in policy Cam definetly has to be around.

I'm not going to go into details, but, yes, this was completely unplanned, but just be patient a bit longer. I've been checking in occasionally to make sure the forums aren't overrun with spam or the DB goes tits-up.

Sorry for the disappointment everyone. I know I've got a stack of PMs and emails to trudge through (and yes, Fixpack too). There's not a lot else I can do at the moment, though it looks like I might finally have a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm not going to go into details, but, yes, this was completely unplanned, but just be patient a bit longer. I've been checking in occasionally to make sure the forums aren't overrun with spam or the DB goes tits-up.

Sorry for the disappointment everyone. I know I've got a stack of PMs and emails to trudge through (and yes, Fixpack too). There's not a lot else I can do at the moment, though it looks like I might finally have a light at the end of the tunnel.

untitled1copyow8.jpg

I am still very grateful CamDawg has bothered to even write here to mention about his absence.

I hope everything for you can go smooth whatever it may be and I am longing to welcome you back at your place. :(

Archived