Greater Command & Emotion

Demivrgvs

Is it possible to make these spell as per PnP?Cause as they are now a character who fails the save is dead for certain.

I mean, a sleep state effect should be broken if the sleeping character is hitten.

Is it possible for example to add a "cast spell on condition" to do so?

Hm, I suppose this could be done by using effect #232 - Cast Spell on Condition with parameter 2 set to 0 (On Hit). The spell which is to be cast should contain effect #2 - Cure Sleep.

IIRC, the sleep state works properly in the IWD games but that could be hardcoded into the IWD version of the effect itself.

I did something like that to make IWD Song of Kaudis work in the BG2 engine, it's probably as close as you'll get (IWD even has a version of stun that breaks on damage).

Neither of these spells cause sleep in PnP though :)

Neither of these spells cause sleep in PnP though
Yes i know it, but i don't know another way to do them with the effects avaible with the BG engine...i'll try with the cast spell on hit if you don't think there's another way to better portrait them.

One thing to bear in mind though is that in PnP, a sleeping/unconscious humanoid opponent can be killed instantly without recourse to an attack roll if the attacker takes a round to prepare, something that is not in the BG engines.

Well then...another way to portrait the spell even better could be adding a delayed effect every round that remove the sleep effect with a succesful save vs. spell. That would be even more akin to PnP i think...but it's very hard to accomplish cause it means adding up to 20 effect to every spell effect for every casting level. :)

Archived