Shar-Teel Romance Mod

Strontium Dog

Hello,

I've been playing BG1Tutu with the Shar-Teel Romance Mod installed, and I encountered a few problems. First of all, the mod didn't even activate until I changed my main PC's charisma to 18, via Shadowkeeper - yet the mod states in the romance-readme that a charisma of only 11 is needed(I'd had the correct low party reputation-score, all that time). Even a charisma-setting of 15 wasn't enough.

Secondly, once the romance-mod got going, it stopped after a couple of exchanges. It occurred to me that some dailogues might only activate if I rested outside, and since I've only bothered to rest in inns in Beregost/Nashkel/Friendly-Arm Inn, this hasn't happened yet. or there may be some other activation-trigger that is required. Coudl anyone tell me what these triggers are for the Shar-Teel mod?

Charisma isn't the only requirement. Shar-Teel writers have implemented a list: STR>10, CHA>10, Male of true neutral or evil alignment, Reputation<10, not a halfling - and this is required for the romance to initiate and continue.

Check X#SharInterest variable. If it is at 3, the romance is over.

All special conditions are detailed in the readme - otherwise, a dialogue should happen at rest(X#SharInterest=1).

(BTW, folks, PDF as a romance guide is really uncomfortable and slow for me. If we could attach a HTML/plain txt version, too? I've asked once, but I'd ask again).

So... HTML readmes aside (good idea, yes):

Coudl anyone tell me what these triggers are for the Shar-Teel mod?
Afraid I can't help much there, but we have at least 2 BG1NPC gurus in this thread :).

Probably something else happened - a coincidence of a sort, such as the first dialogue only triggering at rest. Anyway, yes, you do not need to raise your CHA above 11; >10 is already sufficient.

Charisma isn't the only requirement. Shar-Teel writers have implemented a list: STR>10, CHA>10, Male of true neutral or evil alignment, Reputation<10, not a halfling - and this is required for the romance to initiate and continue.

I already had scores for STR/CHA higher than than the stated requirements, my alignment was fine, and my main PC was human, not halfling(not that it should have mattered if my PC had been a halfling as I'd selected(via BG2Tweaks?) the mod-component - no gender/racial/class romance requirements/nothing breaks romances). Despite this component, the Shar-Teel Romance mod seems to have stalled.

The reason why I think that raising my PC's charisma score to 18 was the key factor in initially kicking off the romance, was because I received just one romance-like dialogue from Shar-Teel which said something more or less like "You know, you're not so bad, if you weren't so ugly, we'd have a relationship" - So I assumed that it was due to a lack of charisma - since I changed nothing else other than the charisma score, at the time, I would have thought that that change alone was responsible for fixing things.

Check X#SharInterest variable. If it is at 3, the romance is over.

All special conditions are detailed in the readme - otherwise, a dialogue should happen at rest(X#SharInterest=1).

THANKS! I'll check shadowkeeper and change the value of that line to "1", if need be.

I already had scores for STR/CHA higher than than the stated requirements, my alignment was fine, and my main PC was human, not halfling(not that it should have mattered if my PC had been a halfling as I'd selected(via BG2Tweaks?) the mod-component - no gender/racial/class romance requirements/nothing breaks romances). Despite this component, the Shar-Teel Romance mod seems to have stalled.

This component of BG2Tweaks does nothing for mod romances, and shouldn't be shown for TUTU at all - it is a BG2Tweaks bug.

And, yes, while Shar-Teel has additional CHA checks for more "pleasant" options, the basic one is 11.

I can talk of the latest internal beta only, since this is what I am playing - and this is what will be released for everyone to play soon - or at least to test, hopefully. Anyway: all six romances have been recoded(by me, so if anything goes wrong, I am to blame), yes, it should be as it was mentioned in the guide, and, yes, Shar-Teel romance is working. Some of her talks happen at rest, others are timed.

I can talk of the latest internal beta only, since this is what I am playing - and this is what will be released for everyone to play soon - or at least to test, hopefully. Anyway: all six romances have been recoded(by me, so if anything goes wrong, I am to blame), yes, it should be as it was mentioned in the guide, and, yes, Shar-Teel romance is working. Some of her talks happen at rest, others are timed.

I checked the ShadowKeeper setting for the X#SHARINTEREST command mentioned, and, sure enough, it was set to 3. I've set it back to 1, so everything should work out fine, from now on.

Archived