Various banters prior to rest in Inns

plainab

Can't remember the characters off hand. I want to say it happend with Montaron and Imoen in FAI and Garrick and Finch or Imoen in Beregost (the inn next to the house with the spiders). Basically, anytime I go to rest in an inn and some npcs wish to have a chat, the party never rests, spells are not restored, and no money is taken from my inventory for the cost of the room. And I have to turn around and talk to the innkeeper again about getting a room and hope that no one else has a banter that fires.

Is this normal? Is it intended?

I've not played with bg1npc installed before and don't know what to expect. Is this just a little quirk to deal with or can it be solved?

I'm thinking that going to the different banter scripting practices isn't going to work out too well for the night-time talks. I'm getting the same problem.

Recode is quick and easy, as there aren't that many. Should I undertake it, or do you want to do it, cm?

Edit: Never mind. I see they are already in the correct scripting format.

Puzzling.

Dunno. Plainab, what version do you have. I've got the latest internal beta.

I do believe it's version 12 beta.

But whatever is available for download on the download page is what I've got. I just downloaded it last week so I would think that it would be the most up-to-date.

Would there be any components of UB or BG2 Tweaks that might be at cause? Those two are installed after BG1 NPC

plainab, check your pm's in a few seconds... the internal one is the one to use. We are still struggling to put together the backround package stuff, but it is a clean recode that fixes a bunch of stuff.

As for this behavior, I do remember it occasionally, but can't remember from what version; I am under the impression that it was just bad luck, as it rarely happens - the banter fires and interrupts. If it is happening between the time you have paid for the inn and the actual resting, though, and it happens on the latest internal, then we *definitely* need to see if it is fixable!

plainab, check your pm's in a few seconds... the internal one is the one to use. We are still struggling to put together the backround package stuff, but it is a clean recode that fixes a bunch of stuff.

As for this behavior, I do remember it occasionally, but can't remember from what version; I am under the impression that it was just bad luck, as it rarely happens - the banter fires and interrupts. If it is happening between the time you have paid for the inn and the actual resting, though, and it happens on the latest internal, then we *definitely* need to see if it is fixable!

I will give it a try. Wanted to start a new game after doing a bunch of work on my party AI script. Finally got my party to start treating poison. Couldn't ever get it to work in BG1, but with EasyTutu...

Question about install order. I know there is a thread (and I've looked at it many times), but I want someone's personal opinon. Here's what I want to use. Keep in mind I have EasyTutu without TOTSC. Please rearrange into what you feel would be the best order. Note this may not be the exact order they are in. It is the order in which I remembered them.

EasyTutu Hotfixes

Personal mod - fixes graphic glitch with Baldur's Gate bridge

BG1NPC

BG1NPC Music

Herbs & Potions

Slime Quest

(I would like to add Lure of the Sirene's Call, but I don't want to mess with the clua stuff so I'm waiting until that gets fixed)

Finch <-- I want her bookbag to take advantage of the BG2 tweak

Inderia

MuNoth or however it's spelled (you know the jelly guy in the mine)

Gavin

BG1UB

BG2Tweaks - selected components <-- This mod takes forever on an EasyTutu install because there are twice as many game files.

Projectile Retrieval Mod

Learn Through Use

And you have the verison that allows you to have both Sirine's Call and BG1 NPC at the same time, with no workaround. You will have slightly different content depending on what goes first, but SC should initiate fine.

Have fun!

So you're just using poor Finch for her bookbag? :( Why? Tweaks has bags, as does Lost Items.
BG2Tweaks - selected components <-- This mod takes forever on an EasyTutu install because there are twice as many game files.
Yeh. One of the drawbacks of using regexp when it's not always strictly necessary ;).
So you're just using poor Finch for her bookbag? :( Why? Tweaks has bags, as does Lost Items.
Hey, I do add the bags via Tweaks.... I just increase the quantity that hers can hold, like, to unlimited. ;)

Yeh. One of the drawbacks of using regexp when it's not always strictly necessary :).

I'd almost like to see BG2Tweaks stripped down to a specific Tutu Tweaks. I know they've got checks and all, but sometimes it doesn't work with EasyTutu. I have to install alongside the readme and check each component out.

Archived