Bug Reports for Alpha 18

Domi

Guest Guest_Pen52_*

Planning on romancing Rizdaer on the firs run -- the pasty is as follows: the PC (fighter/elf), Sir Nord, Hildury, Diriel, Jaemal and Rizdaer (also, I'm hoping to switch Hildury with Salomeya later to see what trouble she can stirr up :( ).

So far, I've had the talk with sir Nord where he hands in the reins to the PC at the start of the game, and a talk with Hildury (liked it, btw). I've just cleared the Targos docks and got to the city itself.

So far, there haven't been any banters to report. Jaemal and Diriel both had interjections.

One problem though. When I try to talk to Rizdaer (PIDs), all I get is 'no valid replies or links'.

Is it too soon to try and talk to him, or? When is his first talk supposed to happen?

Planning on romancing Rizdaer on the firs run -- the pasty is as follows: the PC (fighter/elf), Sir Nord, Hildury, Diriel, Jaemal and Rizdaer (also, I'm hoping to switch Hildury with Salomeya later to see what trouble she can stirr up :( ).

So far, I've had the talk with sir Nord where he hands in the reins to the PC at the start of the game, and a talk with Hildury (liked it, btw). I've just cleared the Targos docks and got to the city itself.

So far, there haven't been any banters to report. Jaemal and Diriel both had interjections.

One problem though. When I try to talk to Rizdaer (PIDs), all I get is 'no valid replies or links'.

Is it too soon to try and talk to him, or? When is his first talk supposed to happen?

I had the 'No Valid..."etc. right at the beginning. For me it went away as soon as he properly joined the group, in the scene with Ulbrec.

Besides that, so far so good for me.

I have had the same problem.

the "so you're tired of your hypocrisy and want to talk with me" is in the "continue" button.

I was thinking I would have to romance Jaemal instead, but as I was posting this it looks like MrsCake says this issue goes away.

(Yay!)

I'm continuing with my party of female elf PC, Nord, Salomeya, Jaemal, Rizdaer, and Diriel. If I get through this soon, I'll try to run a male PC to test Peony and Salomeya and let me know if there is anyone you want tested with these two.

In the PID I no longer have the option of just friends with Salomeya but now have the option to advance lovetalks with her as a female PC. The option ends in a No Valid Replies message since the romance isn't active but the option is there.

The NPC initiated flirts are triggering in this alpha. Riz's was fine but Jaemal had an after rest flirt while I was outside and nowhere near the last time I had rested. It was P#JaemalFlirtEarlyAwake.12.

1. Jaemal's 3rd PC talk: P#JaPC3.7- 'But,<CHARNAME>, what man who had been a slave goes back willingly, risks having' Need spaces.

2. P#JaFlEarlySmile4 - (This man does not smile too often, but when he does, his whole face lights up. When he smiles at you, just like now, it feels like wild fire) missing period

3. Diriel-PC talk 4: '...humans have successfully proliferated in the alarming quantities.'

4. Salomeya-Diriel chp2: S- '(sniffs) my mother was not... not...' Capitalize my

S- 'front of you stands the proof to the contrary?'

5. Jaemal-Sherincal interjection: 'There were purebloods treated the same as me, and it were the purebloods...' was

6. Nord-Sherincal: '...aren't you too eager to be rid off your humanity?' of

7. Nord chp2 PC talk: 'I gave him a piece of my mind, and he reported that I'm broke my vow of obedience.' I instead of I'm

'I'm not the one to mince words.'

8. Nord-Diriel talk 1: 'How you could believe someting like this...' something

Salomeya interject - (And where did this brute in shiny armor learn the word "fathom") Need question mark

Diriel - 'I conceed that some of the blame can be aportioned to the elves.' concede, apportioned

Diriel - 'The destructive Crown Wars and our leniency to the humans... adopting the reverese attitude.' reverse

Spoilers, obviously. Loving the mod so far. Slightly worried since Diriel sort of seems to hate my PC. I should've expected that, probably...

PC reply option: I know enough of the real world. (At least enough to recognize that the world swallows dozens princesses like that for breakfast.)

'dozens of princesses'

-

Hildury: He said he be needing a score of men. I did be knowing an orgillion who boasted he had the strength of a score of strong men, after eating their hearts.

'ogrillion', isn't it?

-

My female PC had the option to talk to Salomeya in private (This was during the Prologue); when I did so I got a NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS with a "So, we are alone. How droll." in the continue box.

-

This one's kind of odd...

Jaemal: I'm glad we came this way. The orcs are not in a habit of returning women unharmed to their husbands.

Jaemal: I don't understand why you're arguing a point I didn't bring up, and the views I didn't express. Let's just leave it and do what we can.

Was an NPC supposed to say something in between those two lines, or was I supposed to have a PC option to talk? It doesn't quite make sense without it.

-

Similarly,

Jaemal: Orcs building a fortress and a dam? Either this land is not quite as savage as it appears, or it favors greatly the creatures that resemble her.

Jaemal: Hildury, I think you are naive, thinking the orcs that can be converted.

Was Hildury supposed to interject there or was he just referring to what she said earlier?

-

PC: (You want to talk to Hildury)

Hildury: I be appologizing, I do not be knowing what to talk about right now.

'apologizing'

-

Is the line "Our story here is just beginning, but here is one happy ending." part of a longer lovetalk? Since that's all I got, and an End dialog button, but it was after a (You want to see if Jaemal has anything to say to you in private) so I'm not sure if it that should've happened or not.

OK, party's not finalized yet, but the PC will be female and will be romancing Jaemal. It's after 3 AM, so no actual gameplaying for me, but I've peeked into the files via InfExp, so...

Jaemal/Rizdaer conflict #2 (P#JaRiCo2, starting with "Why do you preoccupy yourself with that 'love' so much? Your time is better spent elsewhere, perfecting your craft.") should be rooted in Rizdaer's dialog file, not Jaemal's. Looks weird where it is right now, like Jae's talking to himself.

Heya, everyone! Thanks for your enthusiasm! :(

I'm setting off on the 'correct-it' journey ;) I'll use color-coding to make sure I did not miss anything (green - corrected, blue - no problem, ornage - need more info, red- can't figure out what's wrong), and I will ask questions if I can't figure out what's up.

Also, I was wondering if anyone at all started a game with Peony or Salomeya's Romance so far? And if anyone is coming on board now could take Peony? My new run is with Salomeya.

Just in case: after I said "no" to gnome female avatars, I got this error in IWD2NPC's debug file. It is probably of no importance, but since we're testing, here it is:

That's the good old Copy Random issue with the Ease Of Use, which switched syntaxis in later WeiDUs. The Bigg and Cam said they are planning to incorporate the EoU into Tweaks with the updated files, which would ultimately take care of the problem.

Just to let you know... Valeero's new portrait is missing. Can't find it anywhere -- it's not in the portrait's section.

It will be called ValeerL and ValeerS

Does anyone else has this problem? It works correctly on my install. To manually correct it, please go to

IWD2NPC\bmp

subfolder and copy it over to your main Portrait folder.

P#valeb.d VADI3 "Not peace, but truth." - maybe "a truce"?

I am wondering if the initial can be kept without offending the grammar (I am a rythm junkie). If not, I will correct it. Opinions?

For some reason, the Setup .exe file won't extract. I keep getting a 'No files to extract' error. If I open it from the RAR file, I get a 'Cannot execute' error. The file seemed to DL all right, so I don't know what to make of it.

You need to un-rar your IWD2NPC.rar into your main IWD2 directory. Once you've done so, you will see ther three new things: IWD2NPC folder, Setup-IWD2NPC.tp2 file and Setup-IWD2NPC.exe file. Perform the Sound subfolder tweaking as described here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=10537

and then try to run the exe. It should then go into a dos window and ask you if you want to install the mod. Click I for installing :( Hope that helps!

Installing the patch seems to have stopped the crashing.

Upon Shieara's excellent suggestion the patch info will be included into the Guide, because quite a few of us were caught by that one.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the PC's biography would be added to the journal, and it hasn't been. I'm still in Targos, just wondering.

It should happen during your first dialogue with Sir Nord, starting with:

Listen, <CHARNAME>. I'm not sure what your Lord father wants from me, but I bloody watched you on the cursed boat... etc

or if you don't have Nord in the party, he should show up immediately after you've done your first dialogue with the boat captain, and initiate a dialogue starting with: So, <CHARNAME>, it's settled then? You're striking out on your own?

Have you seen one of these dialogues?

What is the wording of the option you are choosing?

(You want to talk to Rizdaer)

or

(You want to see if Rizdaer has anything to say to you in private.)

In the PID I no longer have the option of just friends with Salomeya but now have the option to advance lovetalks with her as a female PC. The option ends in a No Valid Replies message since the romance isn't active but the option is there.

(Slaps her forehead) I should have figured out that the problem will affect the early 'push' PIDs! Will need to fix this for all the romances. :(

This one's kind of odd...

Jaemal: I'm glad we came this way. The orcs are not in a habit of returning women unharmed to their husbands.

Jaemal: I don't understand why you're arguing a point I didn't bring up, and the views I didn't express. Let's just leave it and do what we can.

Was an NPC supposed to say something in between those two lines, or was I supposed to have a PC option to talk? It doesn't quite make sense without it.

This is very, very odd, because it is a part of an optional dialogue with Salomeya, and the line has a check for Salomeya's presence in the party. I'm thoroughly confused and will have to test this w/o Salomeya in the party. Did you have her, and was she perhaps incapacitated in some way at that point?

Was Hildury supposed to interject there or was he just referring to what she said earlier?

Just a reference here.

Is the line "Our story here is just beginning, but here is one happy ending." part of a longer lovetalk? Since that's all I got, and an End dialog button, but it was after a (You want to see if Jaemal has anything to say to you in private) so I'm not sure if it that should've happened or not.

This is an interjection that failed to trigger, so it came up when you prompted Jaemal to talk. They normally shut down on their own if they did not trigger when you move away from the relevant area. Try forcetalking to him again, and I am moving the interjection files compilations after LTs compilations in order to avoid this mistriggering.

Archived