Bug Reports for Alpha 18

Domi

I'm continuing with my party of female elf PC, Nord, Salomeya, Jaemal, Rizdaer, and Diriel. If I get through this soon, I'll try to run a male PC to test Peony and Salomeya and let me know if there is anyone you want tested with these two.

If you could run Peony's romance, that would be great!

Also, on this run-through could I impose on you to accept Diriel's proposal in Kuldahar (if it's not to late) and let me know that:

a) You can't restore the romance with Jaemal after that via PID

b) Epilogues show correctly for both Jaemal (non-romantic) and Diriel (as per what you've chosen at Kuldahar).

Guest Guest
One problem though. When I try to talk to Rizdaer (PIDs), all I get is 'no valid replies or links'.

What is the wording of the option you are choosing?

(You want to talk to Rizdaer)

or

(You want to see if Rizdaer has anything to say to you in private.)

The (You want to talk to Rizdaer) option

But that cleared up for me, once I talked to Ulbrec. A question. So far neither Rizdaer or Jaemal have initiated their talks with me (romantic or friendhip); they only talk when I prod them via the PIDs.

So, how is this supposed to work. When are the talks with them supposed to trigger? I'm at the begining of Chapter 1, now. Am I too impatent -- were they supposed to initiate dialogue in the prologue?

Rizdaer's first dialogue (do you expect me to ge gratefull...) should have triggered right after the talk with Ulbrec -- It seems to fit there -- but I had to force wit with the PIDs.

Also, Diriel's interjection about the human druid came up in the middle of the battle with the orcs, before the druid could be seen.

Rizdaer's first dialogue (do you expect me to ge gratefull...) should have triggered right after the talk with Ulbrec -- It seems to fit there -- but I had to force wit with the PIDs.

Each NPC is set on his or her own timer. The way to speed up 'natural' talk occurence is by sleeping the party often, as the timers are set on the 'game' time as opposite 'play' time. But there is nothing wrong with pushing them from PID. That's what it's there for - for people who want to see them on their own time.

The first Rizdaer's talk is not scheduled right after Ulbrec's conversation, but on a normal timer. His timer is the longest among all the NPCs, as he is supposed to be wary of conversing.

I'm yet to figure out the NVLR with Rizdaer before Ulbrec, so hang on for that one :(

Also, Diriel's interjection about the human druid came up in the middle of the battle with the orcs, before the druid could be seen.

Heh, I am deleting this one; I can't fight with it any more, loooool! ;)

Okay, Rizdaer's NVRL before talking to Ulbrec is now fixed (I think); the script called for the first talk to start after Ulbrec, but PID did not account for it. It's now coordinated.

And I put Gender checks on all romantic PID options, which should fix the ability to 'break up' or summon a Lovetalks (and get NVRL) in Prologue, Chapter 1 and 2 for the characters that are romanced by a different gender protagonist.

I will need a confirmation on this from someone else, once the Alpha 19 is out because on my install the NVRL does not happen, it just happily pushes the talk. :( So, yay for public testing!

For some reason, the Setup .exe file won't extract. I keep getting a 'No files to extract' error. If I open it from the RAR file, I get a 'Cannot execute' error. The file seemed to DL all right, so I don't know what to make of it.

You need to un-rar your IWD2NPC.rar into your main IWD2 directory. Once you've done so, you will see ther three new things: IWD2NPC folder, Setup-IWD2NPC.tp2 file and Setup-IWD2NPC.exe file. Perform the Sound subfolder tweaking as described here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=10537

and then try to run the exe. It should then go into a dos window and ask you if you want to install the mod. Click I for installing :( Hope that helps!

There in lies my problem. I told the program to un-rar the files into the main directory. When I went to install it, the IWD2NPC folder and the Setup-IWD2NPC.tp2 file were there, but Setup-IWD2NPC. exe was nowhere to be found. I tried un-raring that file by itself and get the 'No files to extract' error. I've redownloaded and extracted the mod several times with the same results. I tried again this morning before posting and Setup-IWD2NPC.exe still won't extract. I don't know what to make of it. ;)

Sometimes things just act up. I uploaded the exe separately for you, see if it will work from there.

Setup_IWD2NPC.exe

If it does not check if by any chance an extractor created an extra folder to through the files in ie IWD2NPC/IWD2NPC or IWD2NPC_a18/IWD2NPC (though since you have TP2 I think it's not the case)

The artefact of name replacing: in Salomeya's PIDs,

Salomeya, I like you as a friend, but I don't want our relationship to become anything more than fSaendship. Should be 'friendship'.

The artefact of name replacing: in Salomeya's PIDs,

Salomeya, I like you as a friend, but I don't want our relationship to become anything more than fSaendship. Should be 'friendship'.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the PC's biography would be added to the journal, and it hasn't been. I'm still in Targos, just wondering.

It should happen during your first dialogue with Sir Nord, starting with:

Listen, <CHARNAME>. I'm not sure what your Lord father wants from me, but I bloody watched you on the cursed boat... etc

or if you don't have Nord in the party, he should show up immediately after you've done your first dialogue with the boat captain, and initiate a dialogue starting with: So, <CHARNAME>, it's settled then? You're striking out on your own?

Have you seen one of these dialogues?

I had that dialogue with him via PID and I'm pretty sure it's not in my journal.

This one's kind of odd...

Jaemal: I'm glad we came this way. The orcs are not in a habit of returning women unharmed to their husbands.

Jaemal: I don't understand why you're arguing a point I didn't bring up, and the views I didn't express. Let's just leave it and do what we can.

Was an NPC supposed to say something in between those two lines, or was I supposed to have a PC option to talk? It doesn't quite make sense without it.

This is very, very odd, because it is a part of an optional dialogue with Salomeya, and the line has a check for Salomeya's presence in the party. I'm thoroughly confused and will have to test this w/o Salomeya in the party. Did you have her, and was she perhaps incapacitated in some way at that point?

Was Hildury supposed to interject there or was he just referring to what she said earlier?

Just a reference here.

Is the line "Our story here is just beginning, but here is one happy ending." part of a longer lovetalk? Since that's all I got, and an End dialog button, but it was after a (You want to see if Jaemal has anything to say to you in private) so I'm not sure if it that should've happened or not.

This is an interjection that failed to trigger, so it came up when you prompted Jaemal to talk. They normally shut down on their own if they did not trigger when you move away from the relevant area. Try forcetalking to him again, and I am moving the interjection files compilations after LTs compilations in order to avoid this mistriggering.

Yes, Salomeya was in the party, but said nothing. She wasn't incapitated. I have screenshots of almost every single bug I've found, including this one if you need.

I had that dialogue with him via PID and I'm pretty sure it's not in my journal.

You had it via PID?

Are you absolutely positive you are not mixing it up with the one starting:

~Roederic writes me to make a wolf out of his pup. Blighted hells, it's about time. It's sure true that weeds grow fast.~

and it should end with:

~Here, pup, take this. Your father thought to toughen you up, but you're green enough to need a little help and he knows it. And, well, there is one from your lady mother too.~

And gave you a couple of magic items? If not, what did he finish on? I just rechecked and the journal entry is added there.

EDIT: Okay, there is a mix-up between Palisade talk and the Docks talk. I'm fixing it now. There is also a potential that the first 'off the boat' banter for Jaemal and co might be 'pushing' it, and because of the mix up, it gets shut off immediately. I'll get it set straight.

You had it via PID?

Are you absolutely positive you are not mixing it up with the one starting:

~Roederic writes me to make a wolf out of his pup. Blighted hells, it's about time. It's sure true that weeds grow fast.~

and it should end with:

~Here, pup, take this. Your father thought to toughen you up, but you're green enough to need a little help and he knows it. And, well, there is one from your lady mother too.~

And gave you a couple of magic items? If not, what did he finish on? I just rechecked and the journal entry is added there.

EDIT: Okay, there is a mix-up between Palisade talk and the Docks talk. I'm fixing it now. There is also a potential that the first 'off the boat' banter for Jaemal and co might be 'pushing' it, and because of the mix up, it gets shut off immediately. I'll get it set straight.

I never got any magic items. The dialogue I had was the one where I had an option to explain why my father sent me off to Targos.

I started a new game without Nord in the party just to test and I had him talk to me and give me some stuff just fine, and got the journal entry then.

No, no, I understand what is going on, what I don't understand is why. Did Salomeya talk at all to you? Can you initiate a talk with her via PID?

At the time she didn't say anything. Last thing she's said to me was about Jaemal (which has happened since then, I'm way past that now), and she just gives her standard I have nothing to say to you right now thing with PID.

I never got any magic items. The dialogue I had was the one where I had an option to explain why my father sent me off to Targos.

I started a new game without Nord in the party just to test and I had him talk to me and give me some stuff just fine, and got the journal entry then.

Okay, then the problem is that you missed the version of the dialogue for when Nord is in the party because of the globals mix-up, so that should be corrected now locally :(

At the time she didn't say anything. Last thing she's said to me was about Jaemal (which has happened since then, I'm way past that now), and she just gives her standard I have nothing to say to you right now thing with PID.

So her banter file is assigned then. I'm not sure what happened there, but I am running a Jaemal-Salomeya party right now, so I'll check into this mystery.

Archived