Bug Reports for Alpha 18

Domi

I've started playing with a party of Nord, Hildury, Nikosh, Salomeya, and Peony. My PC might romance Peony, as Salomeya seems a little too evil for his tastes. However, this will be my first playthrough of the game, so don't expect me to blitz through it all.

I've been keeping a list of bugs I've encountered so far. As far as typos, would you prefer I post them as I find them or in a big clump?

The other things I've noticed are:

• The full HP bonus from Peony's shield doesn't persist over savegames (ie. I have 9/9 HP when I save, and when I load I only have 4/9).

• The Halfling Thief Avatar for Peony (which I think looks perfect :() seems to transform back into the ugly bald dwarf when she gains a level.

OK, party is Jaemal, Nikosh, Hildury, Salomeya, and Nord. PC is female Silverstar of Selune, romancing Jae.

I've just started chapter 1, no problems jumping out at me so far.

Is there a possibility that Hildury's battle cries could be modified a little? They come out kinda staticky and a little loud compared to the rest of her soundset.

The full HP bonus from Peony's shield doesn't persist over savegames (ie. I have 9/9 HP when I save, and when I load I only have 4/9).

Heh, that's a stock in-game item, not customized. It's probably more approprite that fixpack fixes it. I'd rather just delete it from Peony and give her something else instead.

The Halfling Thief Avatar for Peony (which I think looks perfect ) seems to transform back into the ugly bald dwarf when she gains a level.

That's the first time I encounter that. I played with an elf and the only problem I had was when she died :( Check out the PID options, see if the "Peony quit that dwarven illusion" is available. That should recast the spell.

Is there a possibility that Hildury's battle cries could be modified a little? They come out kinda staticky and a little loud compared to the rest of her soundset.

I doubt we can get a better quality, save for re-recording the whole set.

As far as typos, would you prefer I post them as I find them or in a big clump?

Sorry, missed that. As you go, if possible, 'twill be easier for me to correct that way (I tend to have only short periods of time for working on the mod, so a big list will be difficult to manage).

Dialogue spoilers below.

1. Diriel-PC: "The world became corrupted..." should be "has become"

"While pathetic as individuals, humans have successfully proliferated in the alarming quantities." should be "proliferated in alarming"

2. Diriel-Odea: "Carrying on with the minute sparring" should be "this minute sparring".

Also, for some reason I thought if you had Diriel as the one talking there was some different dialogue on the ledge. I only got standard dialogue there. I did get the option to ask him for help during the negotiations before they move to the ledge to talk.

3. Diriel-Jaemal: At one point he asks if Jaemal would be comforted if all other humans were spayed. However, spaying is the removal of the ovaries, so it doesn't really apply in this case, especially since I believe he is talking about the males of humankind. So you may want to consider a different word, like sterilized.

Also in this conversation..."Of course, the elves never cast the seed on the wrong soil." I would use, "Of course, elves never cast their seed on the wrong soil."

4. Diriel flower talk: I think I got a weird combo here. You have these two phrases together.

"My heart can see nothing. It is devoid of occular organs. It is only my eyes that can..."

"Because elvendom cannot be saved by following human ways of mating and breeding for quantity. It must only be done for quality."

There is nothing wrong with these lines in-and-of themselves, but they don't make much sense in this order. It's like there is something missing in the middle. The rest of the dialogue options for this talk seemed to flow fine, but these don't go together well. These would go if you removed the word "because" in the second one, but I am not sure what else is linked to that line and how it would read coming from the other options.

5. Jaemal-PC: "But, charname, what man who had been a slave goes back willingly, risks having his tattoo uncovered, to be made a slave again."

I recommend: "But, charname, what man who has been a slave goes back willingly and risks having his tattoo uncovered, only to be made a slave again."

6. I got the interjection Jaemal makes about the amulet you get from the frozen Neverwinter soldier late.

Well, I started a new game since my old party kept dying and just couldn't get anywhere... New party is elven PC, Diriel, Rizdaer, Jaemal, Valeero, and Nikosh.

I'm in the second level of the fortress in Chapter One, and I'm getting unreasonable amounts of lag whenever the game is unpaused. Some areas it works just fine, but the town area of Targos also has this problem. I'm struggling to get through this area since I really want to progress with the game, but I'm wondering if it's NPC-related or not. I've tried talking to everyone via PID and nobody has nothing new to say. Put the graphics settings way down, saved and reloaded my game a lot, restarted my computer several times, and yet whenever the game's unpaused in that area I can barely move. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. I deleted the corresponding area file in the cache folder and it seems to have worked somewhat. I've now made it to chapter two... Struggling not to initiate every single dialogue by PID right away, since it'll be a long time 'til chapter three, probably.

I'm continuing with my party of female elf PC, Nord, Salomeya, Jaemal, Rizdaer, and Diriel. If I get through this soon, I'll try to run a male PC to test Peony and Salomeya and let me know if there is anyone you want tested with these two.

If you could run Peony's romance, that would be great!

Also, on this run-through could I impose on you to accept Diriel's proposal in Kuldahar (if it's not to late) and let me know that:

a) You can't restore the romance with Jaemal after that via PID

b) Epilogues show correctly for both Jaemal (non-romantic) and Diriel (as per what you've chosen at Kuldahar).

I'll make sure to accept Diriel's proposal in Kuldahar. For running Peony's romance is there a type of male PC you want tested with her? Or any other NPC you'd like tested with her?

Also, while inside the ice temple Jaemal seemed to alternate between dungeon flirts and after rest flirts. The after rest flirts did not come up anywhere near the last time I rested. Good news is Rizdaer's flirts seem to be triggering correctly and I've had both dungeon and after rest from him.

The full HP bonus from Peony's shield doesn't persist over savegames (ie. I have 9/9 HP when I save, and when I load I only have 4/9).

Heh, that's a stock in-game item, not customized. It's probably more approprite that fixpack fixes it. I'd rather just delete it from Peony and give her something else instead.

Yikes, I'd say that definitely should be in some fixpack, then. I like Peony having it (so she doesn't keel over instantly when some goblin decides to aim her way) but wouldn't mind it being excluded too much, as I don't like spell failure chances on my wizards.

The Halfling Thief Avatar for Peony (which I think looks perfect ) seems to transform back into the ugly bald dwarf when she gains a level.

That's the first time I encounter that. I played with an elf and the only problem I had was when she died :( Check out the PID options, see if the "Peony quit that dwarven illusion" is available. That should recast the spell.

When I open the PID menu, that option is not available. I have a save right before she levelled and confirmed that it changed once she went through the level-up process.

Edit: After checking out some stuff in NI, I discovered my Peony's Animation ID was set to 25107 (a non-existent listing in ANIMATE.IDS - which, following conventions, would be MAGE_FEMALE_HALFLING). My best guess is that on levelling, the game changes the character's avatar to account for multiclassing, changing the class portion of the Animation ID (the first byte), but leaving the race and gender the same. A very small amount of testing seems to confirm this.

I doubt we can get a better quality, save for re-recording the whole set.

I found this quite disturbing as well. I only listened on the character creation screen and out of game, but they felt really out of place compared to her other sounds and the other characters' soundsets. I replaced the offending sound files (HILD003-007) with the ones from the Female Halforc 1 soundset and they seem to mesh fairly well.

Typos:

• Item Description - Salomeya's Garrote: "[A] Garrote is a handheld weapon, most often referring to a ligature of chain, rope, scarf, or wire used to strangle someone to death" ... "This Garrote belongs to [the] bard Salomeya. Once a day, the weilder can activate the enchantment and turn the string into a deadly weapon, which gives a chance to assassinate a humanoid opponent with one twist."

• Peony/Nord Banter - Targos - Gallaway Trade Depot: "Well, you'are less stuffy than other paladins-" ... "And I thought you'd say you preffered red-heads..."

• PID Menu: "Peony, I like you as a friend, but I don't want our relationship to become anything more than fPeendship."

I'm not much help when it comes to catching typos but I encountered some strange things:

On my first run-through (drow female PC, Peony, Nikosh, Diriel, Rizader and Salomeya) I encountered no evident bugs exept what was said before (Salomeya had that "no valid links" reply via PID when asked to talk in private and Diriel shooting that comment about that human druid [forgot the name ;)] in the middle of a fight a moment after we entered the area) and there was one more thing...

Via PID (in private) I started a talk with Rizdaer early in chapter 3, the one in witch he tells you that his eyes hurt from all the light. The talk went fine until I noticed that his doesn't stop talking about it. I still got the same talk via PID and when we entered the Underdark at some point he started a conversation on his own (not PID) and I got the same thing as before.

It was like this to the end but I thought it was just something I did wrong or my game just refused to cooperate

Now I started a new game (moon elf female PC, Sir Nord, Nikosh, Jaemal, Rizader, Diriel) to see how the conflicts go and I just reached chapter 3 and Riz started the same thing all over again. Apart from that everything goes smoothly.

Need to give him sunglases :(

I'm not much help when it comes to catching typos but I encountered some strange things:

Via PID (in private) I started a talk with Rizdaer early in chapter 3, the one in witch he tells you that his eyes hurt from all the light. The talk went fine until I noticed that his doesn't stop talking about it. I still got the same talk via PID and when we entered the Underdark at some point he started a conversation on his own (not PID) and I got the same thing as before.

It was like this to the end but I thought it was just something I did wrong or my game just refused to cooperate

Now I started a new game (moon elf female PC, Sir Nord, Nikosh, Jaemal, Rizader, Diriel) to see how the conflicts go and I just reached chapter 3 and Riz started the same thing all over again. Apart from that everything goes smoothly.

Need to give him sunglases :(

I had the same thing happen in my game. If I recall correctly this talk is supposed to happen in Chp2. I could not force talk this through PID anywhere in chp2 and it is now the only talk Rizdaer has, either through PID or his timer, so the romance is stalled for me. Since Riz's romance has not progressed, I don't think I've seen any conflicts between him and Jaemal.

Edit: After checking out some stuff in NI, I discovered my Peony's Animation ID was set to 25107 (a non-existent listing in ANIMATE.IDS - which, following conventions, would be MAGE_FEMALE_HALFLING). My best guess is that on levelling, the game changes the character's avatar to account for multiclassing, changing the class portion of the Animation ID (the first byte), but leaving the race and gender the same. A very small amount of testing seems to confirm this.

Aha, this is something Halfling specific then. Elven avatars have the mage animation, and therefore work great. I will add another line in PID then to account for this non-existent avatar, and maybe add the script to recast the animation every time she has that one on her, if the halfling option is chosen.

I found this quite disturbing as well. I only listened on the character creation screen and out of game, but they felt really out of place compared to her other sounds and the other characters' soundsets. I replaced the offending sound files (HILD003-007) with the ones from the Female Halforc 1 soundset and they seem to mesh fairly well.

Hmm, maybe this is a good solution, actually. I really liked her voice acting, but if the battlecries are jarring, doing something like this could be an acceptable compromise. Unless someone could re-voice the offending lines.

Guys, I really have very little control over the 'after rest' stuff. It was a bad idea to make the 'after waking up' flirts, I can see it now. I will probably have to rework them into dungeon/outside ones for all characters :(

Archived