Bug Reports for Alpha 18

Domi

Rizdaer, flirts:

"I am. Drow breed for beauty...and females." - space missing

Jaemal, interjection:

"Let us leave this torture scene frozen in time" - but he only interjects after I have already gotten the amulet via shattering the ice woman, and killed the blue half-dragon at the stairs to the next level, no less.

Jaemal-Diriel:

"With your illusion of superiority" "remind me _of_" - "of" is missing.

Jaemal, interjection:

"Let us leave this torture scene frozen in time" - but he only interjects after I have already gotten the amulet via shattering the ice woman, and killed the blue half-dragon at the stairs to the next level, no less.

He interjected after the amulet but before I killed anything else, for me. Might depend on how fast you head into combat...

Yes, that seems to be the case.

"But, <CHARNAME>, I cannot go on like this. Tell me that you love Rizdaer and I will-"

- I've no idea why, but in this line of Jaemal's I got "Rizdaer" instead of my PC's name. I looked, and he indeed initiated banter with Rizdaer for some reason. But my PC *is* in slot N1. Maybe <PLAYER1> is needed here, or something?

Unfortunately, IWD2 does not recognize <Player1> token (that's what I used to start with, and got a lot of empty spaces plus the learning experience). Since it's the second time when the problem is reported, I will have to go through all the occurences of <CHARNAME> and replace them with either nothing, or something like a 'Luskaner' etc, because I doubt I can avoid this problem. It seems to switch in the conversations addressed to Player1. Dammnity-damn.

Yes, that seems to be the case.

"But, <CHARNAME>, I cannot go on like this. Tell me that you love Rizdaer and I will-"

- I've no idea why, but in this line of Jaemal's I got "Rizdaer" instead of my PC's name. I looked, and he indeed initiated banter with Rizdaer for some reason. But my PC *is* in slot N1. Maybe <PLAYER1> is needed here, or something?

Unfortunately, IWD2 does not recognize <Player1> token (that's what I used to start with, and got a lot of empty spaces plus the learning experience). Since it's the second time when the problem is reported, I will have to go through all the occurences of <CHARNAME> and replace them with either nothing, or something like a 'Luskaner' etc, because I doubt I can avoid this problem. It seems to switch in the conversations addressed to Player1. Dammnity-damn.

I'm sure I've seen my PC's name several times throughout the game just fine... I've only had this happen once.

Yes, I know, I have not seen the substitutes in my play-throughs. Maybe I'll start with just the dialogues where the substitutes are reported to occur. But I have a bad feeling about it. It's just not a good thing.

Also, this conflict banter "two men love you" triggered right after Jaemal-Diriel shouting match about dogs, and long after Diriel said he loved my PC("love doesn't discard analysis in a potential mate...") and I said in PC-Rizdaer banter it was mutual("get with your research double-time, do you hear me!"). Yet, Jaemal speaks of Rizdaer - immediately after arguing with *Diriel*, and he doesn't mention Diriel at all. Neither can I answer that I love neither of them, I love Diriel. Maybe an extra option for PC and an extra line for Diriel(if PC is elven/Diriel intervened) is in order?

It sounds like I created a perfect soap opera. Anyway, I've added the: I love neither Rizdaer, nor you, but someone else' option that should cover Diriel, Nikosh, Nord, Oswald, Iselore and Isair. :(

- Diriel proposed to look for the beetle nest, and I agreed, but there was a "man, screaming for help" reply, and I had no idea who it was - well, I neither played before, nor seen him - I only saw the captain when we walked another screen and a half or so.

When you exit the ship, you will "hear" the shouts in your dialogue window, iirc.

Not a bug, but I just finished the game with the Jaemal romance, and I'd like to point out that you a cruel, cruel, mistress. (serious almost background colored spoiler!) Evil mirror of time epilogue! Evil! Ah, well. Fore-warned is fore-armed, I guess. As a firm believer in the theory of the Trousers of Time, my PC is soo bringing a goodly amount of explosives with her Mulhorand now. That'll show 'em. (end serious almost background colored spoiler.)

Also not quite a bug (probably), but the NPC's were very quiet, banter-wise, in the 6th chapter. It seems like they just ran out of things to say to each other, but they've been so great at interacting with each other and the game environment so far, it just seems a little strange that you're finally on the home stretch, and they get all shy.

One thing that I noticed that might need revision is that I got quite a few psychic banters. Some of them weren't misfiring (One that springs to mind is a Nord-PC talk that mentions the Aurelites, well before we encounter them.) and others I, think, missed a talk in the string, or fired in a weird order because of the characters involved. The whole Nord sub-plot was kind of jumbled in my game, with not real clear banter where everyone is like "Ah-ha!" Salomeya was suspicious, then suddenly everyone was calling him Fillip. There was also the problem that in one of the PC banters, if you choose that it's none of your buisness, he doesn't tell you, then the next banter, starts talking about people it as if you know the whole story. I found out eventually, when he was talking to one of the NPC's, but it still felt really out of order.

Last, and this isn't a bug, just an observation, the amount of times you get to hear everyone's backstory, at least with my party (Jaemal, Riz, Salomeya, Hildury, Nord.) was a bit excessive. Jaemal told me about his whole life story in PC talks, then gets asked about it by the NPC's, and tells it again. Same thing with Nord. As good as they are, hearing them three times without much change got to be a bit much.

Also not quite a bug (probably), but the NPC's were very quiet, banter-wise, in the 6th chapter. It seems like they just ran out of things to say to each other, but they've been so great at interacting with each other and the game environment so far, it just seems a little strange that you're finally on the home stretch, and they get all shy.

I've done it for a reason, ie if you are playing too fast, all untriggered content has a chance to show up in Chapter 6. I might add Chapter talks to Chapter 6 for more characters though.

One thing that I noticed that might need revision is that I got quite a few psychic banters. Some of them weren't misfiring (One that springs to mind is a Nord-PC talk that mentions the Aurelites, well before we encounter them.) and others I, think, missed a talk in the string, or fired in a weird order because of the characters involved. The whole Nord sub-plot was kind of jumbled in my game, with not real clear banter where everyone is like "Ah-ha!" Salomeya was suspicious, then suddenly everyone was calling him Fillip. There was also the problem that in one of the PC banters, if you choose that it's none of your buisness, he doesn't tell you, then the next banter, starts talking about people it as if you know the whole story. I found out eventually, when he was talking to one of the NPC's, but it still felt really out of order.

I will be playing with the same party as yours (almost, I have Peony instead of Jaemal), and I will troubleshoot Nord's identity stuff. It looks like a big banter, where Salomeya gets him drunk went missing and some checks for the Global that sais 'you know it' are missed. It's an artefact of the initial project setup, when all NPCs were obligatory.

Last, and this isn't a bug, just an observation, the amount of times you get to hear everyone's backstory, at least with my party (Jaemal, Riz, Salomeya, Hildury, Nord.) was a bit excessive. Jaemal told me about his whole life story in PC talks, then gets asked about it by the NPC's, and tells it again. Same thing with Nord. As good as they are, hearing them three times without much change got to be a bit much.

Hmm, can you tell me which banters duplicate? I'm basically doing the same thing as BG2 does with Valygar (ie he tells the story about his mother to PC and Jan). This is also done for the party that does *not* have the PC, as the game can be played in the NPC-only mode, so the repetition is necessary to get the backstory for a player who plays with six NPCs.

I got a new thing...not that it's something annoying but simply strage.

Some of the NPCs (Rizdaer, Prachi, Diriel, Hildury...and perhaps more, but those are the ones I noticed) in game turn to my PC, the right sound plays (like "Aren't you brave. Talking to a drow like that.") but nothing happens. Nothing should happen because there is nothing to comment.

I first noticed it when being in chapter 3 (ah, it's some kind of magic part of the game for me. I always seem to stick there for much longer than needed) when Riz gave his comment about killing that male that offended me (you know, that hunter in the village [again, I don't remember his name :(] you can say to: "And don't forget to mention beautiful" - or something between the lines). After a while some of my party members did that strange thing.

It's seems random and doesn't accur freqently, doesn't stop the NPCs to banter normally but I just thought you would like to know.

*digs out short-handed note to self* *does a quick InfExp search*

Giving Chapter 1's Pondmuk the goblin a spider results in an NVRL. It's possible that this only happens in parties with Nikosh, as he's the only one with a post-spider interjection.

Archived