[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

jastey, would you consider introducing something like the "I tried talking to her to see if she would let me buy it off of her, and I went to the ring maker in the Promenade to see if he could make me a replica" ideas?

That's good ideas, I never thought of extending the thief quests this way, just about his reaction to it. The other thing he won't tolerate is siding with Bodhi, apart from that I can't recall any other quest. Have a look at the "Ajantis_reactions.txt" for spoilers about his reactions to certain things in the game.

Evaine Dian put my thoughts about the discussed topic very nicely. I think he is too much into duty and watchfulness to get her pregnant in the circumstances.

If, of course, you say that they should stay chastely in this case, then our opinions differ totally.

(I, too, think he chose the worst moment for it - yet, when else should he have done it?)

Well, I see this is the question for PC. May be she can go to herbalist and ask about this? I admit this is the very intimate problem that can be solved without husband

And another... May be you can decrease the number of banters after Ajantis fallen? In my opinion these are too much... I see 1 LT after rejoining is enought

Edited by Senka
Guest Guest

jastey, anything that not only adds to the party's roleplaying options but also means Ajantis can stick around is welcome in my book. I hope you'll find time in a future release to add extra ways to complete the thief quests.

I know that Quest Pack has an "Additional Shadow Thieves Content" component which makes it "...possible to complete Edwin's quests without killing Rayic Gethras: you may instead trick Edwin into thinking Rayic is dead. New dialogue options should become apparent upon speaking to Rayic". I don't know if this'll help deal with Ajantis leaving at all, but I'd imagine it would.

Oh, and I'll be sure to have a look at "Ajantis_reactions.txt".

Just out of interest, is anyone able to tell me how Keldorn reacts to the thief quests? I'm just curious.

Just out of interest, is anyone able to tell me how Keldorn reacts to the thief quests? I'm just curious.

He is wise man and understand circumstance. And that PC don't have many chances. And she needs money, she has to pay...

Guest Guest

Ah, it sounds like he's a little more forgiving and understanding of the situtation than Ajantis. That makes sense considering he's older and wiser, and no doubt has a better grasp of how things work in the "real world".

Thanks, Senka.

To Keldorn's reaction (which I studied, as an example): In case of party with lower rep, that should steal from temple of Lathander, Keldorn leaves the party. I think he can be recruited later again, though.

For party with higher rep, that is supposed to steal in temple of Thalos, Keldorn states his disagreement but stays.

Oh, and to the thief quests for Ajantis: It's mostly the stealing he doesn't accept. As soon as the fist quest is finished, he can be recriuted again.

Edited by jastey
For party with higher rep, that is supposed to steal in temple of Thalos, Keldorn states his disagreement but stays.

No. He states his disagreement with all Mae'Var quest but say nothing about stealing. Nalia and Yoshimo make comments

Can someone please tell me which dialog option wiith Immy to choose for a new romance? Either of the two that don't mention engaged seem like they could be rejecting the new and I don't want to pick the wrong one. Please! I'm desperate to play with him. : )

Edit - sorry. I was able to find the readme (I'm no good at files and such in my pc) and got the choice I need.)

Edited by Ankhesenpaaten
May be you can decrease the number of banters after Ajantis fallen? In my opinion these are too much... I see 1 LT after rejoining is enought
Only if you say that he is repeating himself, in that case dialogues would be redundant. But as it is, I think a mere repitition is not there, unless I overlooked it in my design. The whole thing bothers him quite a bit, and he needs to talk about it.

About the expansion of the thief quest: I would like to include the possibility that CHARNAME can get duplicates of the temple items. The only problem is: From whom? (S)he would need someone who knows what she is talking about, meaning the way leads someplace dark and illegal - which brings us to the shadow thiefs, haha. Maybe one of Renal's guys would fake it for her? But why would he, and why would the PC trust him?

My first idea was that the PC draws a scetch in the temple and then finds a goldsmith, but then I thought: Would a scetch from my PC suffice as a draft? :rolleyes:

Warning: off-topic post starts now.

A while ago, I found a couple of typos and two things that might be bugs, but I haven't had the time/keep forgetting to go through all the files and locate the typos. Hopefully, I'll have to time to do so tomorrow.

To help me remember fishy things I notice in game, I try to take a screenshot whenever I see one. Then, when I get around to looking in the ScrnShot folder a few weeks later, there's a chance I'll see what prompted me to take the screenshot, evaluate whether it's a real problem, and then be able to attribute it to a mod or the vanilla game.

You are right, of course, and I did take screenshots, but the mod uses quite a lot of different files and it's not easy for me to find the exact sentence (even with the search function). I also found a couple of typos in dialogues that I hadn't seen while playing, so I decided to try to proofread all the files if possible. :rolleyes: