[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

I'd like to ask: why Ajantis doesn't make any comment about stealing in Harper Hold?
Very good question: Because I forgot about this quest. Hm, would Ajantis tolerate the theft, if it is about to save someone? I might change this quest so that the PC can talk to the Harpers instead. Wasn't there a mod that already makes this possible?

There is something in the Underdark I find odd:
Yes, one of the lines is not supposed to show. Thank you for reporting!

Will Ajantis say something nice about <Charname> instead? That Jahaboam is right and she is his beloved bride/wife or something like that? That would be nice.
I am not sure he would, actually. Not that he isn't proud about her, but it's not his style to tell everyone. But it's a nice idea. I'll have a look at the situation again.

my character Divi has selected the ring, how do I make them(or how long should I wait before) they get married. Right now I'm just running around
The ring take about two days. She did tell her choice to Ajantis resp. the ringsmith, yes? Ajantis will say when it's all prepared, then they can go to the temple.

BTW Eila's fiancee won't spawn
I don't understand, do you wait for the first spawn in the Government District, of doesn't he show in the prison? How far did the quest proceed so far, did Ajantis talk to Eila, and did they meet in the city?
Hm, would Ajantis tolerate the theft, if it is about to save someone?

This is about Montaron. I strongly doubt Ajantis would...

I might change this quest so that the PC can talk to the Harpers instead.

Change whole quest? I'm not sure it makes sense.

Ajantis' behavior should be consistent both in Mae'Var's quest and in Harpers Hold.

I'd like to ask: why Ajantis doesn't make any comment about stealing in Harper Hold?
Very good question: Because I forgot about this quest. Hm, would Ajantis tolerate the theft, if it is about to save someone? I might change this quest so that the PC can talk to the Harpers instead. Wasn't there a mod that already makes this possible?

The Quest Pack does something to the Harpers quest, but I don't remember what exactly happens.

From the readme:

Alternative Xzar/Harpers Plot

This component expands the Harper plots in two significant ways:

New solutions are introduced to the plot involving Xzar and the Harpers. The player may warn the Harpers of Xzar's intentions, therefore removing the previous necessity of doing something unkind to Jaheira to commence her romance. On the other hand, the player is not bound to his word to help the Harpers, and an evil player may double-cross them if they so wish. To gain the benefits of this component, simply begin Xzar's quest as normal. New dialog options should become apparent when speaking with the Harpers in the compound.

Ajantis' behavior should be consistent both in Mae'Var's quest and in Harpers Hold.
I am adding a way to not steal yet receive the temple items, so making this possible for the Zcar quest seems in line. I have to think about it; I don#t think the Zxar quest is that important anyway.

The Quest Pack does something to the Harpers quest
Thanks, I'll have a look at it.

Wellyn was murdered by that thief. Keldorn goes for a murderer in that trading city (happenes while the PC walks by), too.

I don#t think the Zxar quest is that important anyway.

It's important for Jaheira' Romance. And if you play friendship path...

Yeah, I realized my remark was totally biased. I'll have to have a look at that quest again.

Some years ago I slightly edited the original portrait of Ajantis. That is... may be you like it :rolleyes:

http://s42.radikal.ru/i096/0905/06/817d2a28f546.jpg

Indeed I do! He looks so much younger. Very nice! May I use it as an alternate portrait for both my BG1 and BGII mods?

Ever heard about roleplaying? :mwaha: If you do one thing, then you can't do another.
Are you referring to me? As I said, I don't care about Zcar/Montaron neither Jaheira, so that quest was always one I did wondering why I bother.

Can anyone tell me what happens in the Jaheira romance after / during that quest?

Are you referring to me?
Rather to Senka.

Can anyone tell me what happens in the Jaheira romance after / during that quest?
After you run into a poisoned man and deliver him to Harper's Hold Xzar appears and asks for a favor. Xzar's quest must be completed in order to continue the Jaheira's 'harper' quest plotline. Once he dies (and when in romance, there's an extra condition - the bandit encounter has to be resolved as well) a harper appears and snatches Jaheira away. A while later the latter returns and takes PC to the Hold, where some unpleasant people are almost literally begging for death. Until they die neither romance nor her quest will progress any further, and they can't spawn (and consequently die) unless Xzar's quest was taken care of.

Here's where Senka's comment comes in - if party is refused the possibility to deal with Xzar then no continuation in Jaheira's quest, and thus no romance, which is tied very closely to her quest.

QuestPack allows the possibility to resolve the Xzar's quest using good means, without lying or sneaking.

EDIT spelling

Edited by Ardanis
May I use it as an alternate portrait for both my BG1 and BGII mods?

Of course you may :rolleyes:

Ever heard about roleplaying? If you do one thing, then you can't do another.

Ardanis, honestly, I don't understand your comment...

Ardanis, honestly, I don't understand your comment...
That's what choices and consequences (C&C) are about. One can't do all the stuff, as it's logical that some quests will exclude each other. Those who like both Jaheira and the subj would disapprove the idea though, so admittedly you make a point too.