[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

Because that's meatgaming, surely you know that. RPing wise, I probably wouldn't expect a honorable man to applaud helping an scoundrel (whom he might have already met in BG1, to boot). Ok, the scoundrel does offer valuable info in exchange, and harpers are dubious by themselves, so talk about gray morals here.

PS Meatgaming... one nice typo that is :lol:

Edited by Ardanis

Wow! Ajantis mod is out and nobody told me.... ;) I was waiting for this....for so long....yeah I know LOL join the club :D

Ok , I have some questions :

It say Beta version , does that mean us player can't download the mod ? does Beta mean for tester only or can I download the mod and play it ? or it's playable but I'm better to wait for final release ?

I'm sorry , but I never played Ajantis on BG1 . I know there are (I think) 2mods outta there for romances for BG1....but I don't play BG1...I love BG2 :rolleyes: and I liked Ajantis because of a fanfic I readed .

Another question : Can I start the romance with '' charname and ajantis broke their relationship in BG 1'' and have a romance in BG 2 ? or do I have to start with '' we were fiancee and we continue from there in BG 2 '' ?

Is Ajantis mod compatible with Dungeon be gone or other mods like Ease of Use ? what about those addon to make Evil charachter stay in the party like Edwin and Viconia ?

Oh another thing , when I install the mod . How do I choose the portrait if I don't like the default one ? or does it ask me that when I install ? (cose so far I didn't install it , still have to re-install BG 2 first )

Sorry if this is the wrong topic , plz feel free to move it if it is . Thank you again for all your hard work :mwaha:

It say Beta version , does that mean us player can't download the mod ? does Beta mean for tester only or can I download the mod and play it ? or it's playable but I'm better to wait for final release ?

player can download mod and play it, if you want you can wait till final release but as far as I played mod was working nicely :rolleyes:

Another question : Can I start the romance with '' charname and ajantis broke their relationship in BG 1'' and have a romance in BG 2 ? or do I have to start with '' we were fiancee and we continue from there in BG 2 '' ?

I'm not sure about this but you can always start a new romance

Is Ajantis mod compatible with Dungeon be gone or other mods like Ease of Use ? what about those addon to make Evil charachter stay in the party like Edwin and Viconia ?

it's compatible with Dungeon be gone, I use BGII TweakPack instead Ease of Use and it's working

Oh another thing , when I install the mod . How do I choose the portrait if I don't like the default one ? or does it ask me that when I install ? (cose so far I didn't install it , still have to re-install BG 2 first )

it asks during installation

Thank you, Ardanis, for your information.

Of course you may :rolleyes:
Thank you, that is great!

You can download and play, but beta means beta so there are still bugs in it. Some are already fixed locally and will be with the next update, which I'll hopefully will provide soon.

I know there are (I think) 2mods outta there for romances for BG1
It's only one romance (from me), but different mods to play this romance depending on whether you play original BG1 or a BG1 to BGII engine conversion (Tutu / BGT).

Have a look at the readme: The first choice will kill any romanctic content. The second one is for the case that Ajantis and PC romanced and got engaged in BG1. Additionally, there is also the case of a new beginnings romance for BGII.

It should be compatible with those mods, yeah.

You have the choice upon install.
Because that's meatgaming, surely you know that. RPing wise, I probably wouldn't expect a honorable man to applaud helping an scoundrel (whom he might have already met in BG1, to boot). Ok, the scoundrel does offer valuable info in exchange, and harpers are dubious by themselves, so talk about gray morals here.

Don't you forget we are testing mod?

I'm currently playing Tutu again and romancing Ajantis. If you sleep with him for the first time, you get a morning after talk. I miss those talks in BG2. I know it's more difficult than in BG1, as there are several different occasions that could be the first time, but I'd really love to get some "feedback". It needn't be so specific, I just wish he would say something. I also think the wedding night should have a morning after talk, no matter what happens - it's a very special night after all (and maybe just this once, <Charname> could persuade Ajantis to rest a little longer? :rolleyes:).

Thank you all for your answer :rolleyes: And yeah , I said Ease of Use but I do use the fixpack too lol

Hum , no I won't go from BG1 or Tutu to BG 2 . I will install only BG 2 .

btw , since it's a RAR file . That mean I will have to move all the file manually to my install folder ? any file shouldn't be moved with it's name or can I just copy them and send them over there ?

Can't wait to try it , thanx again !

btw , since it's a RAR file . That mean I will have to move all the file manually to my install folder ? any file shouldn't be moved with it's name or can I just copy them and send them over there ?

The easiest way is to extract the mod with WinRAR or Zip into the BG2 main directory.

If you have extracted the mod in another directory move or copy

the folder c#ajantis_sva and the file setup-c#ajantis_sva.exe into the BG2 main directory.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar
I'm currently playing Tutu again and romancing Ajantis. If you sleep with him for the first time, you get a morning after talk. I miss those talks in BG2. I know it's more difficult than in BG1, as there are several different occasions that could be the first time, but I'd really love to get some "feedback". It needn't be so specific, I just wish he would say something. I also think the wedding night should have a morning after talk, no matter what happens - it's a very special night after all (and maybe just this once, <Charname> could persuade Ajantis to rest a little longer? :crazyeyes:).

I'm not that far yet but I agree. I would expect a morning after talk for them and a "rest" a little longer. It only makes sense. It is the culmination of a dream for them and to just seem like it was no big deal and "let's just march on" doesn't make sense to me.

Also I searched but came up with nothing but are you (Jastey) willing to say how to speed up the LT's once in awhile? I'm starting to run out of things to do and someone else said her Charname and Ajantis were married before going to the Underdark and that's about all I have left and I'm at a point where I haven't had his parents' news or a ring or anything.

The morning after after the wedding night is a nice idea. Maybe also after the first night (if that's not the wedding night).

Ankhesenpaaten: Speeding up is difficult, as there are so many different conditions for some of the events. How far into the romance are you, i.e. what was the last LT about? btw: PC and Ajantis don't have to be married at that point, it can all be done after Underdar, too.

Ok , BG2 is installed and ready to run :)

So far , I'm gonna install the Fixpack first . Then Dungeon be gone then the Quest pack and then Ajantis .

Is this the right order ? any other mod that can add something to the game to suggest ?

Man I can't wait to try this out :crazyeyes:

btw I always take annoyman , keldorn , mazzy , jaheira . Sometimes , I take Aeire and Heardelis...any party member I shouldn't bring along ? I know that keldorn and Viconia can turn bad....essh...don't wanna see that one .

Err...question : What race can I use for Ajantis ? does he romance elves ? half-elfe? is there anything *more* if you are a paladin like in Saerileth mod ?

Sorry for asking , but I can't find a README anywhere .... :crazyeyes: