[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

All I can offer right now is an update:

Version is being updated to beta 0.2.19.

-various bugfixes

-German version editings

-all guides and readmes are now in a folder called "documentation"

-Thieving for Mae'Var from a temple can now solved differently. Just go and talk to the relevant highest priest/ess

-the spell Detect Invisibility now has an actual effect if thrown at the right place to find the invisible quest item.

-new portrait choice from Senka: Have a look at the portrait here.

I haven't forgotten about the other suggestions: rearranging the installer, morning after dialogues and reactions to the Zcar quest will be addressed in a later version.

I just finished playing through with this mod, and wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. It played flawlessly on my multi-modded setup. I think it's quite a magic trick to keep Ajantis so completely in character as a serious and formal young paladin without him ending up annoying or overly priggish. Good job! Now, of course, I'll be looking forward to the TOB content at some future date. :crazyeyes:

I did notice a little typo in a conversation with Keldorn, when he says "I will serve (Charname) with great joy until his quest is concluded...", but the PC is female. Also, I did the Windspear Hills at a low level and was unable to kill Firkraag at first. But when I returned to the Radiant Heart, the Prelate rewarded me as if I had killed him, or so I assume, because when I returned later, having finally slain the wyrm, he had nothing to say. (This is a very picky minor issue--really a matter of intent. Is the reward for killing the dragon or for saving the child?)

Edited by sings

Thank you for the kind words and the report!

The recognition of killing Firkraag should be separated from saving Garren's child. I will have a look agan. Do you might have a save game still, from before you speak to the prelate?

The "his" is corrected. Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words and the report!

The recognition of killing Firkraag should be separated from saving Garren's child. I will have a look agan. Do you might have a save game still, from before you speak to the prelate?

The "his" is corrected. Thank you!

I don't have a save game, sorry, I have the sloppy habit of saving over the same slot. I probably wouldn't have thought of checking back with the Prelate before killing the dragon except that Ajantis said something about wanting to do so when we left the dungeon.

Guest Guest_Gia_*

Every so often I play BG or BG II over again, especially when an interesting mod is out. The last time I played BG was with the BG1 NPC mod. I truly enjoyed that mod. I absolutely loved the Ajantis mod. I just recently stumbled upon the Ajantis mod for BGII and intends to play again sometime soon.

I like the fact that the last game I played with the BG1 Ajantis left me with a light feeling. There are many romances in many games in general (mods or in-game) that leaves a heavy feeling after completing the game. It is good to see that there are people out there who still like to write about happy endings. I know to many people, happy endings can be unrealistic. However, in my case, I prefer the happy endings and completing my games with this light warm fuzzy feeling. :D I'm getting older everyday, and being a hopeless romantic just does not go away. (I just have trouble growing up, I guess. :( )

I downloaded the mod and started nosing around the dialogues. I can tell that this will be a lovely mod. Congratulations, Jastey! I do hope that the ToB content is on its way soon as well.

Thank you, Jastey and all those who made the Ajantis mod such a sheer delight to play.

Ajantis is indeed a sheer delight. I just completed the "new romance" path and really enjoyed it, especially where his "confession" occurs. :(

But he did say one thing out of the blue when my reputation was already heroic and nothing in particular was happening. He just says, "I hope you will do the right thing, Charname." Or something really close to that.

Say what? I have no idea of what he is talking about. Perhaps the first line of that comment didn't trigger? Or it occurred at the wrong time? I don't know. We were just travelling when he said it and it just didn't make sense to me.

Thank you for the kind words!

Ankhesenpaaten: was it:

@152 = ~I am sure you will do the right thing, Lady <CHARNAME>. There is no way such a wonderful person could ever be wrong (ahem).~

That is supposed to be a flirt.

It may have been that and I misinterpreted it. I was pretty sure he said "I hope" because I don't recall the (ahem) at the end which clues me in to a flirt but I am running several games and could be mistaken. I'm sure you are right! Sorry for the misunderstanding. And thanks for a great guy!

In case you encounter the line again or can reproduce it, let me know!

Which version did you play the new beginnings romance with? Did you have the wrong Douglas encounter after the Underdark? (Sorry if you wrote this already somewhere, here is still hope this bug is fixed..)

In case you encounter the line again or can reproduce it, let me know!

Which version did you play the new beginnings romance with? Did you have the wrong Douglas encounter after the Underdark? (Sorry if you wrote this already somewhere, here is still hope this bug is fixed..)

If you mean the Douglas who gave Ajantis the 2nd note and took the shield, then probably yes. We handed it over and a moment later Ajantis told my pc he "wished we had kept the Ilvastarr shield." I thought, what??? We just handed it over! But I did put the replacement shield in my bag of holding right away so maybe Ajantis didn't "register" that fact.

Yes if I get that line again I'll certainly copy it for you.

Edited by Ankhesenpaaten

I'm playing version 0.2.19, but I still have the same issue I reported here (the typo is still there, too):

There is something in the Underdark I find odd:

When you talk to Adalon for the first time, Ajantis interjects: "Was? Wir sollen uns als Drow ausgeben, unter ihnen leben und vielleicht sogar mit ihnen zusammen Arbeiten? Warum all diese Geheimnistuerei? Lasst uns zusammen gegen sie vorgehen! Wenn wir zusammenarbeiten, können wir die Drow vernichten, Dame Adalon!"

Adalon didn't reply to Ajantis, but tranformed the party. When I got out of her cave, Ajantis started a dialogue: "Ich kann das nicht glauben! Wir sollen uns als Drow ausgeben, unter ihnen leben und vielleicht sogar mit ihnen zusammen Arbeiten? Warum all diese Geheimnistuerei? Lasst uns zusammen gegen sie vorgehen! Wenn wir zusammenarbeiten, können wir die Drow vernichten!"

First of all, it was a bit strange to see the almost exact phrase he used just moments before, second I could reply: "Ihr hättet Eure Stimme vor der silbernen Dame erheben können. Jetzt ist es zu spät." Yes, he could have said something and he did...

There are also typos I think I forgot to PM you in that dialogue:

1) Wir sollen uns als Drow ausgeben, unter ihnen leben und vielleicht sogar mit ihnen zusammen Arbeiten?

arbeiten; or you could also say zusammenarbeiten

I also found some other typos:

Some of Valygar's lines (sorry, don't have time to check the files right now):

Das es heute Nacht sehr kalt für diese Jahreszeit werden wird.

Dass

Something from a banter with Edwin I think:

Das ich sie nicht retten kann, bedeutet nicht, dass ich sie benutzen darf.

Dass

From a lovetalk:

Ich habe häufig an Euch gedacht, mich nach Euch gesehnt. Manches mal...

Manches Mal

I think somebody reported something like that a while ago; anyway, Sir Beverus called my female PC "Mann" and Ajantis said "so dass ich <Charname> bei seinem Vorhaben unterstützen kann - sofern er dies wünscht" . :(

Guest Hopelessly Lost

Ive spent the past 2 hours trying to leave the area after using the stone to release him, any help with pointing where the hidden exit is?