[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

any help? please?

Did you actually finish the quest? SPOILER -

Have you released Ajantis and the paladins and go back to Sir Malmam at his portal? Once that is done you should just be able to leave the Windspear Hills as normal.

Edited by Ankhesenpaaten
I'm playing version 0.2.19, but I still have the same issue I reported here (the typo is still there, too):

Shouldn't be: Interjecting, he should say

@661 = ~Was? Wir sollen uns als Drow ausgeben, unter ihnen leben und vielleicht sogar mit ihnen zusammenarbeiten? Ich halte nichts von einer solchen Täuschung!~

and in the dialogue afterwards, he sais:

@671 = ~Ich kann das nicht glauben! Wir sollen uns als Drow ausgeben, unter ihnen leben und vielleicht sogar mit ihnen zusammenarbeiten? Warum all diese Geheimnistuerei? Lasst uns zusammen gegen sie vorgehen! Wenn wir zusammenarbeiten, können wir die Drow vernichten!~

Different text, no typo. :(

Thank you for the other typo reporting, fixed locally.

Sir Beverus - ah well, I guess he forgot his glasses. Problem is, that this is the automatic engine recognision whether the person talked to is male or female (in the tras for languages that distinguish between genders there is two lines, first male, then female). It seems I didn't understand how that works, obviously, as it does not chose the line according to the PC's gender, but to the one currently talked to. I will try to rephrase these lines as they are spotted so that it really refers to the PC. It's not really a bug but wrong, I agree.

Thank you for reporting!

Guest Hopelessly Lost: Sorry for the late reply. Ankhesenpaaten gave the hint.

Guest Guest

Hope this is allowed and I'm doing it correct...

Is there any possibility to download this mod from a site other than rosenranken?

I can't seem to enter it, just get network time outs.

Still, the mod looks really nice and thanks for making it.

In case you encounter the line again or can reproduce it, let me know!

Which version did you play the new beginnings romance with? Did you have the wrong Douglas encounter after the Underdark? (Sorry if you wrote this already somewhere, here is still hope this bug is fixed..)

If you mean the Douglas who gave Ajantis the 2nd note and took the shield, then probably yes. We handed it over and a moment later Ajantis told my pc he "wished we had kept the Ilvastarr shield." I thought, what??? We just handed it over! But I did put the replacement shield in my bag of holding right away so maybe Ajantis didn't "register" that fact.

Yes if I get that line again I'll certainly copy it for you.

Sorry for late reply to this but I must have the new version because I have several games going and on my current one he doesn't mention the "loss" of the shield he still has. So thanks! My bad! And if I encounter the strange line again I'll be sure to let you know.

Hope this is allowed and I'm doing it correct...

Is there any possibility to download this mod from a site other than rosenranken?

I can't seem to enter it, just get network time outs.

Still, the mod looks really nice and thanks for making it.

Hm, not really, I am afraid. It is too large for mailing, at least for my account. Sorry! Hopefully you'll be able to connect soon.

Ankhesenpaaten: I am confused: Did you encounter the wrong Douglas in your current game or not?

I'm playing version 0.2.19, but I still have the same issue I reported here (the typo is still there, too):

Shouldn't be: Interjecting, he should say

@661 = ~Was? Wir sollen uns als Drow ausgeben, unter ihnen leben und vielleicht sogar mit ihnen zusammenarbeiten? Ich halte nichts von einer solchen Täuschung!~

and in the dialogue afterwards, he sais:

@671 = ~Ich kann das nicht glauben! Wir sollen uns als Drow ausgeben, unter ihnen leben und vielleicht sogar mit ihnen zusammenarbeiten? Warum all diese Geheimnistuerei? Lasst uns zusammen gegen sie vorgehen! Wenn wir zusammenarbeiten, können wir die Drow vernichten!~

Different text, no typo. :D

Oops, sorry, I had some old screenshots in my ScrnShot folder and copied the wrong text. :(:D

You're right, of course, I found the new screenshots with the new text. What I meant (and still find a bit odd) was that Ajantis interjects in the banter with Adalon (@661), then when we leave her lair, he starts the other dialogue (@671) to which I can reply "Ihr hättet Eure Stimme vor der silbernen Dame erheben können. Jetzt ist es zu spät.". Well, the "problem" I have with this is that it's a bit illogic, as he did raise his voice in front of Adalon. I gathered from your reply when I first reported this that he's only supposed to EITHER interject OR banter about it, not both. Sorry if I misunderstood!

Ah, you are right! I think I planned on taking out the interjection when writing the dialogue. Actually, first the dialogue happened in front of Adalon, which was kind of silly, so I made an extra dialogue out of it. Yes, it's illogic, I will rethink it. Thank you!

Hi there... just trying the engaged path for the first time and i am not sure if this is supposed to be a bug or not... spoilers

we went to walkeenpromenade and he told me about the smithguy. So we found him and when i looked for the wedding rings and tried to buy one they were around 39503400 of gold... so no matter which one i chose we couldnt seem to afford any... is it supposed to be like that? i already gave him the pieces of the broken ring and he said he was going to mend it... or something like that... I am sorry if this isnt a bug but i dont want to miss anything so i am trying to do things the right way.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there... just trying the engaged path for the first time and i am not sure if this is supposed to be a bug or not... spoilers

we went to walkeenpromenade and he told me about the smithguy. So we found him and when i looked for the wedding rings and tried to buy one they were around 39503400 of gold... so no matter which one i chose we couldnt seem to afford any... is it supposed to be like that? i already gave him the pieces of the broken ring and he said he was going to mend it... or something like that... I am sorry if this isnt a bug but i dont want to miss anything so i am trying to do things the right way.

Thanks in advance.

Spoiler -

You have to PID Ajantis (talk to him) and tell him that you selected a ring and tell him which one. Then events will gradually unfold as they should from there.

Jastey - sorry for the confusion but I intended to say I have the correct Douglas now. No worries.

Edited by Ankhesenpaaten
Jastey - sorry for the confusion but I intended to say I have the correct Douglas now. No worries.
Cool! Thank you!

To the wedding rings at the goldsmith: They are samples only, not to be sold. The wedding couple choses one, then a new one will be forged. As Ankhesenpaaten said, Ajantis will take care of that if the PC tells him his wish. :(

The broken ring was for the engagement ring, which Ajantis will have restored.

OK... thanks a lot.

One more thing though, is it normal for Anomen to start flirting? I mean i have talked to him and i have been polite but i never meant for him to start the flirts... do i have to turn them off or will him eventually stop after a talk.

OK... thanks a lot.

One more thing though, is it normal for Anomen to start flirting? I mean i have talked to him and i have been polite but i never meant for him to start the flirts... do i have to turn them off or will him eventually stop after a talk.

I believe this is addressed in the Readme. Yes it is normal for Anomen romance to begin and for him to flirt. It will stop at a certain point in your relationship with Ajantis if you decide you want to remain with Ajantis. So don't shut Anomen off as you will miss a few nice banters.

The Anomen romance goes on after his knighting, but will stop for a married PC before the first real romantic LT. Anomen will pursue further for a non-married PC, though.

After the marriage, the Anomen romance will also go on until after the knighting. As Ankhesenpaaten said, this should be addressed in the readme.