[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

Guest Guest_Anonymous_*

Okay, I'm feeling really stupid, here. I found the globe, killed Firkraag, went back to the Radiant Heart HQ and talked to the prelate, and I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do. Where's Ajantis? Where do I get this invisible stone I need to bring him back? I've been wandering around the Windspear Hills for an hour now, and everything looks totally normal.

Heya again :)

I'm not sure if this is something at my end or just something in NearInfinity but ... after I installed the BWPv8.3, my c#aj0042.bcs contains all sorts of stuff like: (for example)

IF
Clicked([ANYONE])
Range(LastTrigger,12)
!PartyHasItem("01")
PartyHasItem("05")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("C#AjantisPulver","GLOBAL",1)
	DisplayString(Myself,209149) // You rummage through the documents for information about the items in your pack. The blue powder seems to be an adhesive that, if laid upon a surface, will form a durable coating. You see figures that show how to dredge a rough surface to obtain an even result. However, you have nothing that you want to use it on.
END

and when I checked the c#aj0042.baf in your mod, the same block is properly written as:

IF
Clicked([ANYONE])
Range(LastTrigger,12)
!PartyHasItem("C#AJ0001") //unsichtbare Rune
PartyHasItem("C#AJ0005") //blaues Pulver
THEN
RESPONSE #100
	SetGlobal("C#AjantisPulver","GLOBAL",1)
	DisplayString(Myself,@1)
END

So, as you can see, all the items have "C#AJ00" removed :hm:Here's my c#aj0042.bcs in baf-mode and the changelog :p

Mods affecting C#AJ0042.BCS:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~C#AJANTIS_SVA/SETUP-C#AJANTIS_SVA.TP2~ 1 0 // Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII-SoA: open Beta 0.2.20

Please have a look :D

Oh, and WeiDU.log too! :(

Please ignore all this ;) Was a false-positive glitch thin with NearInfinity! Double-checked with DLTCEP and everything's fine :hm:

Edited by Lollorian

And greetings again :down:

It looks like many of Ajantis' scripts and dialogs make references to non-existent items C#AJSHL1 and C#AJSHL3. I dunno if these are old remnants of some item or just placeholders for future items but I thought I'd report anyway ??? (the only non-existent items being referred in my game's .bcs's come from C# prefixed .bcs ??? ... these 2 items and the problem I mentioned above ... as well as an item from the Angelo mod :D Reporting there too :p)

The files where these items are referenced are

- romance.d

- c#ajan.baf

- romance_core.baf

Just need confirmation whether these are just old forgotten items or whether they're missing stuff :(

EDIT: Also, line 358 in c#ajantis_sva\scripts\ajantis_nbromance_baf.baf has OR(5) while it checks for just 4 conditions :p

Edited by Lollorian

The OR() are fixed locally, thank you! I am aware of the "C#AJSHL1" and "C#AJSHL3", they were place holders although in the meantime they could be called leftovers, but thank you for reporting anyway.

Anonymous guest: Put the orb into the quick item slot and use it in the Windspear hills to open the portal and start the quest.

Guest tadmeyer

I have had a problem in my last two games. In my last two games, I have been playing with Ajantis installed but not playing with him in the party. I just played through the part in the Windspear Hills until he was available, but did not then include him in my party for the rest of the game. As I continue through the game, the problem is with the summoning ritual in Ust Natha.

The problem is this: When it went into the summoning ritual, Matron Ardulace went through her normal routine offering Phaere's fake eggs to the demon and got killed. Phaere should then offer Solaufein's fakes, but I get something like "no valid links or choices" from the demon. I had no options but just to leave and move on and leave the city.

With some help, I was able to create a WeiDU change log for the UDDEMON.dlg which reported the only mod changing it was the Ajantis mod. I am guessing that there is some special dialog between the demon and Ajantis, but because Ajantis is not there it causes the break in the dialog.

I am looking forward to playing this mod all the way through.

Hi tadmeyer, thank you for reporting.

I had a look at it, but all I see is that the Ajantis mod only changes the UDDEMON.dlg file if the PC offers the eggs to the deamon himself, i.e. if he is speaking to the deamon already. If he does that, Ajantis should interject and say that he will not tolerate this (The coding is by I_C_T which is designed by this pupose). Any further reaction in this matter is done by Ajantis' script unrelated to the deamon's dialogue.

In the UDDEMON.dlg this looks like this:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 8 // from: 20.0 7.9

SAY #52145 /* ~** IS THAT SO? I SEE WHAT YOU TRULY ARE, BHAAL-CHILD, AND I AM AMUSED. WHAT IS IT THAT YOU REQUEST FROM ME FOR YOUR TITHE? **~ */

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #52146 /* ~I wish to get out of here, out of the Underdark... safely!~ */ DO ~TakePartyItem("MISC9t")

SetGlobal("EggsDie","GLOBAL",1)~ GOTO 9

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #52147 /* ~I desire a vast amount of wealth!~ */ GOTO 10

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #52148 /* ~I desire a powerful magic item!~ */ DO ~TakePartyItem("MISC9t")

SetGlobal("EggsDie","GLOBAL",1)

GiveItemCreate("HALB06",Player1,0,0,0)~ GOTO 11

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #52149 /* ~I want you to give me power, great power beyond belief!~ */ GOTO 10

IF ~~ THEN REPLY #52150 /* ~Er... I've changed my mind. Maybe this isn't a good idea.~ */ GOTO 12

IF ~Global("C#AjantisUDDemon","GLOBAL",0)

InParty("C#Ajantis")

InMyArea("C#Ajantis")

!StateCheck("C#Ajantis",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("C#AjantisUDDemon","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN ~C#AJANJ~ 434

END

What you described, the normal routine of the different eggs being offered by Ardulace and Pheare, the Ajantis mod does not alter. Unless you mean the game breaks at the above shown dialogue, I am afraid in this case the bug is not caused by the Ajantis mod, even if it is the only mod that changes the deamon's dialogue in your case.

Do you have an old savegame before the ritual in Usth Natha? Easy check is: Deinstall the mod, and play the deamon scene. If all goes well then, install the mod again, and play it again. If it breaks then, it is the Ajantis mod although I am puzzled how this would work, since it doesn't interfere in this dialogue state.

Guest tadmeyer
Do you have an old savegame before the ritual in Usth Natha? Easy check is: Deinstall the mod, and play the deamon scene. If all goes well then, install the mod again, and play it again. If it breaks then, it is the Ajantis mod although I am puzzled how this would work, since it doesn't interfere in this dialogue state.

I did as you suggested and indeed it was not Ajantis. Turns out it is the Gavin NPC mod.

Thank you for checking! And thank you for reporting. It's this player feedback that makes the mod bugfree! :)

You mean the NVLOR happens for installed Gavin BGII (I take it you did the deinstall-and-replay check here, too)? It would be cool if you could post it in the Gavin bug thread so berelinde knows the conditions (Gavin in the party/ not in the party etc.) http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=128