[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

Welcome to the forums!

I have a question: If you haven't met Sir Dalahn, how would you know he exists? He should wait for the PC in the headquarters of the Order of the Radiant Heart. If the PC hasn't done the "find Ajantis" quest yet, Sir Dalahn will "give" the quest to the PC. If the PC does not go to the Order before finishing the quest, he doesn't really play a role.

Anyhow: He should greet you directly when entering the Order building.

Please check: What is your variable Global("C#AjantisKoerperEingesammelt","GLOBAL",2)? (It should be "2")

I only knew he existed because the Prelate Wesslan mentioned him. My variable reads 2 even though I never met him.

I already killed Firkraag and rescued Taar when I talked to the Prelate. Does this mean that I missed out on the "Find Ajantis" quest? Is there any way to still find out how to use the golden globe or will I need to start a new game?

As Senka said. The quest can be started anytime. I'll give you more spoilers if you want, but best you try to find out about the golden orb in the game first.

I will check the variables for the conditions you mentioned. It's not intended that Sir Dalahn is mentioned but doesn't appear.

EDIT: Wait, are you saying that Global("C#AjantisKoerperEingesammelt","GLOBAL",2) is true for you?

Then please check what the variable Global("C#AjantisKNIG05Existiert","GLOBAL",0) is at?

0 - didn't spawn: In this case, there is something wrong either with your area script or with the mod's area script patching.

1 - Sir Dalahn spawned: Then I don't know where he is if you cannot find him. Or there is something wrong with the creature file.

Edited by jastey

Sir Dalahn only makes sense as long as the PC goes to the Order before rescuing the knights, then he acts as a pseudo-quest giver. He isn't at all necessary, though. Just the officialy voice of the Order as long as the knights are gone.

I guess most players don't really notice him, since after the knights are freed all he sais is thank you for rescuing his wife.

Edited by jastey
Sir Dalahn only makes sense as long as the PC goes to the Order before rescuing the knights, then he acts as a pseudo-quest giver. He isn't at all necessary, though.

I go to the Order before... I picked up Keldorn from the very beginning and go to the Order. Before DeArnice quest and other... Nobody met me.

Yes, I get the suspicion it's a very old bug no-one ever encountered before because most do the quest in the Windspearhills first before returning to the Order, maybe. I will have a look at it.

EDIT: Although I meant the time window after receiving the golden orb, but before rescuing the knights, in case that was unclear.

Edited by jastey

--Although I meant the time window after receiving the golden orb, but before rescuing the knights, in case that was unclear.

Yes-yes, exactly... I returned to the Order after killing Firkraag, but there was no Sir Dalahn as I remember.

That means that the script for the creation of Sir Dalahn never was executed. That is not good.. I would be interested why this was the case in your game. You don't happen to know how to make a changelog on your AR0903.bcs, would you?

Which mods do you have installed? Could you please post the contents of your weidu.log (in the main BGII folder)?

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // ???

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // ???

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // ???

~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #4 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #7 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #9 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #16 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #17 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #20 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #26 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #33 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #45 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #46 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #47 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #48 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #49 // ???

~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // ???

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // ???

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // ???

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // ???

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // ???

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // ???

~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // ???

~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // ???

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // ???

~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #1 // ???

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // ???

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // ???

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #5 // ???

~C#AJANTIS_SVA/SETUP-C#AJANTIS_SVA.TP2~ #1 #0 // ???

~SETUP-NEH'TANIEL.TP2~ #0 #0 // ???

~SETUP-NEH'TANIEL.TP2~ #0 #1 // ???

About the //???--I don't move all the setup applications and debugs into a folder so I don't have to look at them; I delete them. I actually do have backups of them on an external memory that I move to the game folder if I have to uninstall something, though.

I don't know how to make a changelog, but if it only requires a text editor, then I could probably handle it.

Don't worry about the changelog for now. The amount of mods you have installed is not too much, I will have a look whether any of them makes anything with the area script.

Although the original area script has one script block that might prevent other blocks from running, although this seems only to be active after Keldorn's quest when he was shortly away but returns to the Order to wait for the PC.

This wasn't the case for you, though, was it?