[released] Sir Ajantis for BGII mod

jastey

Hey,

First of all - great mod! Loving it so far, so much better to have a decent paladin :)

But I am a bit stuck, sorry for any spoilers.

I have choose my wedding ring from the smithy in the city, and I left the Inn and then "Douglas" came up and tried to talk to Ajantis, and Ajantis turns around to talk to him but nothing happens. I can't talk to Douglas, says he is busy and wherever I move in that area (waukeen prom) he follows me and keeps trying to talk to Ajantis. And I thought it might just come up to me in another area, so I wandered around and now it seems Ajantis isn't really saying anything else to me, he does his usual flirting but nothing mentioned about the wedding or when it is all ready to go and get married.

Think it has something to do with the random Douglas not talking.

Any help would be great :cool:

Hello to the forums and thank you for playing this mod!

Some questions: Which version are you playing (if you open the weidu.log in the main BGII folder it shows the version number). Are you before or after the underdark?

Hello to the forums and thank you for playing this mod!

Some questions: Which version are you playing (if you open the weidu.log in the main BGII folder it shows the version number). Are you before or after the underdark?

hey thanks for response.

Version: 0.2.20

And I am before the Underdark, in Chapter Three

Would you please check the following variables. The -> means "should be":

"C#AjantisLoveTalk" -> 19

"C#AjantisDouglasTalk1" ->0 (not existent)

Alternatively, you can send me a savegame either directly before Douglas' appearance, or with Douglas following around to jastey at web dot de, then I can check the variables myself.

Douglas seems to be overenthusiastic to see his young master at times but I never had him appear before the Underdark, so I am confused.

Would you please check the following variables. The -> means "should be":

"C#AjantisLoveTalk" -> 19

"C#AjantisDouglasTalk1" ->0 (not existent)

Mine is showing:

C#AjantisLoveTalk" -> 33

"C#AjantisDouglasTalk1" ->1

Think I have done something wrong :cool:

Would it work if i edited the variables back to yours above in say shadowkeeper?

To make it simple: I have no idea why Douglas is still following around. Or to be precise: I know why he is following (script wise), but I don't know why he is still there.

His presence has no influence on the romance, though. What should happen next is that Ajantis tells the wedding is ready. This should be two ingame days after the rings are chosen. ("(solemnly) Now all is ready, <CHARNAME>").

In any case, there will be a second meeting with Douglas in chapter 6. I just discovered that there, the dialogue initiation by Douglas is broken (This will be fixed in the next version). Talking to him should work, though. This dialogue is crucial for the romance to proceed, so let me know if Ajantis doesn't get the message after the underdark!

Sorry for the inconvenience - I hope the rest will work as it should.

Finally I finished playing through BG II SoA. This game is great indeed, I really liked it :) Ajantis BGII mod is just AWESOME! It is the most thorough and complete RPG romance I have ever played, and with a character I've always dreamed about because i adore paladins and noble knights!

I am happy that the mod has SO many dialogues and love scenes! It was fun to see Ajantis' reaction to some of them...for example to "love-bite" or teasing him with chastity belt :D The whole idea with this belt was hilarious :laugh: The change of PID flirts in the Underdark was also very funny if a little strange that Ajantis endured them all with his manly pride intact... Does he have it? Many of the love scenes were very beautiful :p My favorite one is the scene with touching his scar. I'm not sure if i saw all of the scenes at rest, there were so many ;) At the end of my walk-through Ajantis was several times busy with his night watch and resisted all attempts of seduction :) Are these the last ones? Anyway I am very happy that there were SO many interactions with him! I was hoping that it would be the case and the mod has met my every expectation! After BioWare romances I always felt some disappointment that there were not enough love talks and I didn't have the opportunity to say to the character everything I wanted. Ajantis romance was very thorough with many talks on every event and the response lines for my character were exactly the ones which crossed my mind, so I was very glad and satisfied with the romance at the end of the game :)

Thank you, jastey, SO much for your Ajantis mods for BG1 and BG2!!! I am really happy that I have found these mods and added them to my BG walk-through. I think that without Ajantis I would't have enjoyed this game so much! Anomen is OK if you get used to him, but his romance seems somewhat cut to me...I played it to the point where he suggested to spend a night together but I rejected him because Ajantis would end up relationship after that...I wonder if it was the end of Anomen romance or there were some more content? (besides the continuation of his quest

where he found out that Saerk was really to blame for the death of his sister, I've read about it in the internet

)

I'll be waiting eagerly for your Ajantis Throne of Bhaal mod! I'm interested to see how the game ends but i don't want to play it without Ajantis!

Edited by Arnidale

Wow, thank you very much! It is so wonderful to have a mod praised (it's always good to have feed back at all, but praise is the best).

Unfortunately, the ToB part will take its time, no schedule (I never meet the date anyway). RL is very busy atm, but when that is finished (the busy part, not the RL as such), which will be hopefully in summer, I will return to modding and Ajantis is on top of my list.

EDIT: Sorry, you posed two questions I didn't mean to ignore. First, the night scenes in Ajantis are random, although if the order is as you said, I should shuffle them a bit - it's not that he resists all the time at the end, there were meant to be mixed possibilities.

The Anomen romance goes further if Anomen is the romance interest, although only two (?) more LT in SoA.

Edited by jastey

I don't expect ToB part any time soon, I've read your posts about it. I just sincerely hope that you'll finish it at the end ;)

Since the mod is in open beta stage I want to inform about two strange bugs I have stumbled in my play-trough...

1st is that since Ajantis joined my party his walking speed was much higher compared to other party members...It almost matched Keldorn's which had Boots of Speed. Maybe it was because of "Use BG Walking Speeds" option in BG2 Tweaks, but I reinstalled BG2Tweak several times and it didn't make Ajantis' speed normal. Dismissing Ajantis from my party and then taking him back didn't help either...

2nd Every time I loaded a save-game and clicked on Ajantis portrait he was saying different thoughts of PC which were showing after killing Ajantis and other knights in the Windspear Hills, as I understand it. Here is the link to the screenshot http://imageshack.us/f/845/screenshotbgo.png/

It's not that these bugs bothered me much, Ajantis' high speed even helped in combat :p But it was kind of weird...

Thank you for the bug reports! Although I am at a loss in both cases. There were reports about Ajantis saying strange things upon clicking on him before, but I really don't know where this comes from - the cre file provided is completely clean from text/voice lines, and all relevent sound is added upon installation.

The walking speed problem I never had before. Which paladin version did you install, chevalier or plain paladin?

EDIT: And oh, bug reporst are always welcome (and very much so), even if it were version 159! ;)

Edited by jastey