Your favorite IWD2NPC is.../NPC you miss....

Domi

Your favorite IWD2NPC is...  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I finished Rizdaer, and I loved it. That's exactly what I needed~

as for what I'm missing... well I'm missing an elf who wouldn't be proud to be one. I was planning to make a BG2 mod, but I have nearly no idea how to make mods XD so I dropped it. Pit cuz I had some material on it.

but yeah, maybe after Xan and Diriel who praise elven ways (which is as it's supposed to be) I'm missing someone ELSE. Someone who would be banished from elven society (and proud about it heh)

~Silver

Try Coran after I finish his friendship path. Of all BG1 elves he is the most cosmopolitan, and will have the least of the 'we elves are the bestest!' attitude. BG2 though won't take one very well, imo, because of Bodhi and Irenicus.

Fair enough :( I for one cannot play with the dwarves, never wrote for a dwarf either. Well, I might try it, but the thing with races, is that you either try to comply to a relatively rigid racial profile, or end up with an exception from exceptions. Anyway, I am glad you do like Rizdaer. He was certainly an interesting challenge to write, with the drow having their own stereotyping....

I feel Sir Nord was the strongest of the five I took with my for my first complete run. He managed to be a mentor without being patronizing, and a paladin without being a pompous windbag. He had an interesting backstory, and he just felt like a much more complete character than anyone else in the party.

Hm.. functionality-wise.. a good druid, or even better, a good dual-class druid/fighter would be nice. As a compromise I allways include either two fighters or, in this case, a fighter and a monk, to my party, but someone like Jaheira really complimented my party very well. A cleric works to in combat situations but her arsenal of combat-related spell's isn't terrific.

As for favorite character, Salomeya! She's so deliciously wicked. She allways seems to know just the right way to really hurt someone's feelings and her level of insult is an art in it's own right.

As a relatively good guy irl :), it's really deliciously to play with her :thumbsup:

I guess this is where we post our comments on the whole mod?

Well Rizdaer was my favourite, best flirt pack i've seen thus far in any game, and a fine romance subplot!

But even in general, this mod is great! Salomeya's comments are genuinely funny, and Sir Nord is a refreshing and original character.

And for the most part, the voice acting is the best i have seen in any fan mod, bar none!

So congrats, folks!

What i'd like to have seen is a thief who can backstab well, possibly elven.

But thats only when i sit down and am forced to think about what i would like to have seen

I am thinking of making the next character, Molnea/Squall, the tiefling a multiclass priestess of Talos/Rogue, so she could be developped as a primarily a rogue. Will that be something that will work as a rogue you've described?

And thank you for posting, it's always nice to hear the feedback. :thumbsup: Heh, it seems that Rizdaer is one popular guy.

Well, I have a feeling that Diriel is going to give Rizdaer some competition. I am kind of interested to see which one will turn out a winner, because they both have non-standard evil story-line.

You got this right. Up until now most evil characters where either pretending to be one or had that stupid/too abitious thing going on ("yeah, I will be sooo powerful that I will wipe out the whole world, buahahaha" kind of thing).

Riz sure shows us some good old evil that doesn't need to be transparent to be scary, Salomeya is evil in a sarcastic/manipulative way while Diriel is just...well...evil.

And the most fantastic thing about them is that they are natural about it! :thumbsup:

And I am sure looking forward to see Molnea/Squall in game. It would be nice though if you would make it a pure thief class (but clearly indicating that she strongly believes in Mask's doctrine so that it will make sense if she becomes a priest) so that us players who don't want to have too many clerics in one party :)

She'll actually be my long-coveted priestess of Talos, the idea I dragged with me from BG1 to BG2 and now here, lol! I just have a thing for a female priestess of Talos, huh. But her background lends herself to a rogue, so I'd say I'll 'cheat' a bit, supplying the character on lvl 1 rogue/lvl 1 priestess of Talos, and let people shape her professionaly so to speak, while I will deal with her personality :thumbsup:

and let people shape her professionaly so to speak, while I will deal with her personality :thumbsup:

You can simply make her as you imagine her to be and just say: "people who are unhappy - please get yourself a copy of Dale Keeper" :)

Hey, Diriel makes a fantastic pure calss ranger and I wouldn't have noticed of not for DK! :)

It's way too early for me to be deciding on my favorites, but I couldn't help but make a post anyway. All I can say is that I agree that you should make whatever characters you want to make and then people can manipulate or develop their class as they see fit. :thumbsup:

Is it bad that I'm wondering which NPCs put together would form the ultimate dysfunctional party? :):):)

Archived