Keldorn as a Fallen Paladin

Idobek

To Helm he has more obvious connections though: Anomen and the temple right next to the Order. It's probably easier to tie his change of faith to the game events with these already existing elements. Amaunator is perhaps a bit too dead. :suspect:

Helm would definitley be the most logical choice, he's one of the dieties the order follows. Keldorn's fall dosn't have to be sudden, he could have a change in views and slowly start to follow the law more directly and focus on helm, not realizing he's fallen 'till later.

While the corruption will be gradual, the alignment shift and (if we will have a new kit) kit replacement will have to be abrupt. The fallen paladin, I guess gets clued in pretty quickly, since his magical ability comes from his diety. :suspect:

Guest Black Robed One
To add to that - just saw a post at another forum by leveler, which I think will be a great idea for keldorn:

Maybe give her a special kit after her fall, and what deity will she worship if she falls? Cyric maybe, but with his appearance I don't think he is an option. Maybe Bane, Beshaba, Loviatar, some diety we don't see much of.

So is there any interesting LN or LE god for Keldorn?

Helm, in his "Justice Above All" aspect. As you've said, few things are more frightenning than a person who is absolutely, unbendingly devoted to the letter of the law.

Sorry to correct you here, but Helm isn't "Justice Above All". He is the "Great Watcher, God of Guardians"; Helm SERVES Justice (Tyr, the God of Justice), he DOES NOT embodies it. Tyr is very obvious Lawful Good, and definately isn't an option for "fallen" Keldorn.

Oh, and Bane is dead when BG2 takes place (he was killed by Torm during the Time of Troubles, and was reborn only in 1372DR; some three years after the beginning of BG2. His son, however, *something* Xvim, currently holds the title of God of Tyranny, but I don't think he is such a good option for the "fallen" Keldorn.

Personally, I believe that Cyric (Prince of Lies, Master of Illusions, Intrigues and Deception, Sower of Strife, and Lord of Murder) could be an option for Keldorn, providing that he "falls" deep enough (to CE, NE, or at least CN). Loviatar (Lady of Pain) might be an option for LE or LN Keldorn.

Guest Black Robed One

P.S.

However, Cyric-worshiping Keldorn will probably come into conflict with <CHARNAME> sooner or later (most likely, somewhere during the Throne of Bhaal), as Cyric is the very last person who want to see Bhaal's rebirth, as it would mean that he (Cyric) will lose the title of Lord of Murder that he currently holds.

That doesn't necessarily mean that - two deities can have the same portfolio as long as at least one is only a Demigod.

Since Cyric is a Greater Deity, and the PC would have no worshippers, it seems likely to me that the PC would become a Demigod with a death-related portfolio which wouldn't interfere with others with similar interests (e.g. Cyric, Kelemvor, the various non-human ones).

No, Cyric is very far from what I have in mind; Keldorn will become LN and something along these lines:

He fancies himself an absolutely just man. That is the man who believes that a good deed does not cancel an evil deed. He leaves the Order because he percieves that there is too much corruption with mercy and moral games there. He will be the one who will announce judgement. He is a dry and sour man, full of sharp words and retorts for everyone, quick to point flaws. He is self-righteous.

Archived