Your Most Hated IWD2NPC

Domi

Your Most Hated IWD2NPC  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Guest

sorry in advance for my bad english and here is my opinion so far :fish:

Sir Nord , the voice got on my nerve.....had to mute him almost but beside that the cursing part I can relate to haha

Beside that hum....Rizdaer I didn't find him very drow like the answer my NPC had were like a matronmother wich I just luuuuuuuuved !

Jamael because he remind me of Aerie her with the wing him with his manhood....

And finally Diriel because he remind me of Irenicus....Me better and you are nothing attitude Oh that and his ''save Data'' speech...I tough at some point he would start talking about formating like a computer lol

As for Solemya...I luuuuuvvvvvvvvv her...well if it was real life she would be scary like my Mama...but hey she isn't so lovvvvvvv her lol

How on earth did I miss this thread?

I voted for Nikosh, purely because his voice made my ears want to shrivel up and die. His personality was flakey, which annoys me, and he just didn't seem to bond with anyone in the party. Just ... every last detail about him annoyed me.

Nord's voice, again, was very annoying, and loud to the point where if he was the person talking to the NPC in the game, I couldn't concentrate until he had finished his (ususally) very long line about bats, or ball-room dancing, or whatever.

Diriel bored me a little, and his pretentious use of needlessly long words made me want to shove his head up his own ass.

A great cast of characters, though. I loved them all to pieces, especially with the volume turned down. :fish:

Hi!

Just wanted to say that this is a great mod before criticizing any character.

I personally love all the characters, but my pc hates Salomeya. She has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Second "hated", (more like simply ambivalent) would be Valeero. She simply doesn't seem to have much characterization, and I have to take her almost always since she's the only cleric. I voted Salomeya though.

Diriel is the character that surprised me the most from all the characters I've written to date. I thought he'll be the character people will kill and ressurect, kill and ressurect, and kill, kill, kill again... but he actually has quite a fan club :fish:

Guest Guest_1114_*

Diriel is magnificent. I can't bring myself to kill him, but I do hurt him from time to time simply because he has the best lines ever.

Thank you, he was surely fun to write, no matter how absurd he sounded. :)

I guess we can give him credit he may be *insane* but he is smart....as for Solemya...damn...they hate her cose they can't redeem her....wonder why peoples tend to hate wich you cannot redeem...and why should she be redeem anyway in the 1st place ? cose if you are (theory only) in her shoes and come in her world..she should be the one doing the redeeming thing so you can fit into her world , no ?

Oh, I am sure there are more reasons than that to hate Salomeya. :) Basically, with the 'in your face' characters like her, you either find them entertaining or they can be really irritating. Or many folks will just not care. Others, yes, will find it boring or unrealistic that she won't change. For me it's one of the most fascinating things to see how folks react to the same character differently. It's an awsome way to see how diverse the player base is.

I don't mind so much the lack of redeemable qualities in Salomeya so much as the fact that every time I get angry enough to walk her into fireballs she does something to entice me right back into not doing it. The constant back and forth makes me feel conflicted and dislike her.

It is a testament to your writing skills though Domi.

So far, Nord is my least favorite character, then again, it may have to do with the mindset of my character. Slightly nefarious, overly selfish, and chaotic.

But, a large part of it has to do with what happens when Nord gets hit. If I could just shut him up. I think that if I didn't have to hear "Damned bloody blasted son of a poxy whore" or however it's phrased every few seconds, I really would like the character a lot more.

If there is a particular line that drive you insane, the remedy is actually pretty simple :) Open up your Set-up.tra and identify the text that puts you on the brink. Then l;ook for a text in [] after it, it will be something like [nord20] or whatever. Then delete nord20.wav from the Override (if you don't mind the rest of his Soundset). Or, if you despise the entire set, you can assign to Nord a different Soundset entirely, from the game files.

This is in no way saying that you *should* like Nord. :D

Archived