Global File Attachment Space

Ascension64

I have saved all my attachments offline and deleted them all from my back posts, but it was way less than 1 MB of space...

sorry i cn't help more :(

My box says I have 19.x MB space, but I don't think it is accurate.

I have saved all my attachments offline and deleted them all from my back posts, but it was way less than 1 MB of space...
I think Ascension means "global" as in "everybody." Like there's only 6K of space left for any attachments from any user.

I say, THEN WHY DON'T YOU JUST POST A 6K ATTACHMENT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS?

My box says I have 19.x MB space, but I don't think it is accurate.
I only get 200KB. What the hell?

Perhaps I have some space assigned for BG1 NPC?

I don't know, it is a good question for CamDawg. I have pretty much kept everything on my personal site, and linked in, to save G3 resources for you serious moddarz and Fixpackers. If there are divisions, I willingly relinquish most of it, with the caveat that none of us are permanent, so hopefully someone is keeping a good archive of stuff. I am not even a Global Moderator, so don't have the ability to change my own account to free up more space, it that is what it would do...

I expect to have my Comcast account for a long time, but you never know how life goes - in a resource crunch, internet access and cable TV go long before food and scotch cutbacks (one has to have priorities in life, after all).

I seriously rue the day hence when Dudleyville goes offline/is corrupted. I will be one sad, sad dude.

Heh, I managed to post the same thing a second time, but now there seems to be an anti-world-blowing-up system.

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

And there is no poke emote!?!?!

Are you sure it isn't just your global limit? You can track the limits you should have from the "My Controls" page.

I have no posted attachments, and I don't even know where this "Global Space" stat is coming from.

Yah, I think Gibberlings get more space, it's expected we'll post a lot of screenshots/files/etc for mods. (er, I'll do it at some point, swear!)

Privilege more than expectation, perhaps? Anyway, I've exported all my attachments offsite so I don't have to use that 200kb worth of copper anymore.

I volunteer my space if you want something posted, Ascension64 - I just don't work with big files for .tis or .wed. My biggeste stuff is in the 4 or 5 MB range, and it is only temporary. If I lose my own space, then I will send stuff on to CamDawg for hosting if any of it is useful!

Archived