Save Game Failure (Mac)

Guest EldritchEvil

Guest EldritchEvil

Here's the skinny.

I have an Intel iMac. I installed (full install, of course) BG 2 and ToB on it, and patched it to the latest version. I installed all the mods I wanted and fired it up! However, immediately after the intro cinematic, when the game tried to auto-save, it gave me a "Save game failed. Quit? Y/N" error message. It did this every time I tried to save the game, and BG2 is a little long to play through in one sitting, and a little hard to play through without dying.

I did a clean reinstall, patched, and tried again -- no mods. Same error, though! Frustrated, I concluded that the culprit must be my scratched BG 2 discs.

I bought a new set. $20, no big deal, plus I needed some spares.

They arrived today, I did (another) clean reinstall, ToB, patched, and... Same issue.

What.

I had made a .zip file of the SoA install (no patch, no ToB, just the new discs). I opened it up, popped in the SoA disc and tried that.

Same error.

What.

There's no way a clean install from brand-new discs is giving that kind of error. Something else is going on, clearly, but I have no idea what it is. It's not a permissions problem. Does anyone here have any clue? Please help!

Guest EldritchEvil

Well, don't I feel sheepish. I did a search but didn't narrow it down to this forum (stupid of me.)

Thanks for the help, it's all good now.

Archived