Peony Romance Bug

Guest Tempest

Guest Tempest

Domi, this is continued from my report of the bug with the Peony romance-I went ahead and started chapter 3, but I'm still not getting the option to talk to Peony in private, though I got a couple talks out of here in just seeing if she had anything to say.

You said to CheckVar("P#PeonyRomanceInactive","GLOBAL"), but the game reports there isn't any such variable, and I didn't see the variable when I opened the game up with DaleKeeper.

As for my character, I went ahead and cheated everyone to lv 30 with top gear-I'm running this mainly to see the character interaction and storyline. My character's info is as follows:

Chaotic Good Male Tielfling

Class: Rogue 30

STR: 12

DEX: 23

CON: 12

INT: 16

WIS: 8

CHA: 16

Bluff: 33

Diplomacy: 33

Intimidate: 33

Disable Device: 33

Open Lock: 33

Search: 33

Use Magic Device: 33

If it matters, the rest of my party consists of Sir Nord, Hildury, Valeero, Prachi, and of course, Peony.

And on a minor aside: I'm definitely enjoying the romance thus far. Playing the swashbuckling chaotic good rogue is a nice break from my usually dour characters, and Peony lets me play the swashbuckler to the hilt. Also notable for being the first romance with a gnome in an Infinity Engine game. :(

So, you didn't Match yet. Please, check if V19 takes care of the bug, and if it doesn't, I'd like to take a look at your save (appart from being curious about your seriously mighty party). Please, send to domi_sotto at gibberlings3 dot net

Guest Tempest

If it matters, I did have the talk-in-private option earlier-I made sure I finished all the lovetalks in chapter one before moving on, and had just been checking that I had all the lovetalks in chapter two when I noticed I didn't have the option.

Party's not really that mighty. Mostly a matter of giving everyone a +5 weapon of something or another, good suit of armor, putting everyone on "Fighter Anti-Caster" scripts, and letting them run loose, periodically having Peony drop an area effect spell to clean out the trash, and hitting ctrl-r whenever someone gets knocked down to 75% or so. Only time things went south was when Prachi got dire charmed in the horde fortress and killed Peony and Valeero.

Guest Tempest

Just installed the new version. The option to talk to Peony in private is still missing, and the game's still reporting P#PeonyRomanceInactive and P#PeonyMatch don't exist.

I'm of course the root of all evil here. I uhm... matched Peony and Salomeya with a female PC, by the wonders of copy-pasting.

Please, set the P#PeonyMatch to 1, and the whole issue will get fixed. Corrected locally, of course ;)

Same for Salomeya!

Putting this in the quick and dirty fixes for Alpha 19.

ATM romance reactions come only from romance conflicting characters, ie Salomeya and Rizdaer in Peony's case. I guess, at some point I wrote so many romantic reactions, that I kind of got diillusioned in the idea.

Archived