Troubleshooting

Kendris

When test-running a WeiDU mod, would other loaded mods interfere with operations?

I have the Bioware patch, G3BG2Fixpack & Dungeon-Be-Gone installed (had the Tweak Pack, but unloading & reloading my mod was taking too darn long.

The main .d file works, as does the .bcs, so I get a joinable NPC, but my B, J & P files don't seem to be functioning. Going to spend today going over the code for the nth time, but was wondering if there could be external interferance.

When test-running a WeiDU mod, would other loaded mods interfere with operations?

I have the Bioware patch, G3BG2Fixpack & Dungeon-Be-Gone installed (had the Tweak Pack, but unloading & reloading my mod was taking too darn long.

The main .d file works, as does the .bcs, so I get a joinable NPC, but my B, J & P files don't seem to be functioning. Going to spend today going over the code for the nth time, but was wondering if there could be external interferance.

Only if they affect the way that B J & P files are handled, which I don't think so. Have you set up the relevant 2DA files correctly (i.e. INTERDIA.2DA, PDIALOG.2DA)?

Guest Guest
Only if they affect the way that B J & P files are handled, which I don't think so. Have you set up the relevant 2DA files correctly (i.e. INTERDIA.2DA, PDIALOG.2DA)?

This is the coding on my TP2 file:

BACKUP ~ValenNPC\Backup~

AUTHOR ~Kendris at aelfwyn@cox.net~

BEGIN ~Valen Shadowbreath Mod for BG2:SoA~

COPY ~ValenNPC\KEValen.cre~ ~override\KEValen.cre~

COMPILE ~ValenNPC\KEValen.d~

COMPILE ~ValenNPC\KEValenP.d~

COMPILE ~ValenNPC\BKEValen.d~

COMPILE ~ValenNPC\KEValenJ.d~

COMPILE ~ValenNPC\KEValen.baf~

EXTEND_TOP ~Ar0406.bcs~ ~ValenNPC\AR0406.baf~

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~KEValen KEValenP KEValenJ KEValenD KEVal25P KEVal25J KEVal25D KEVale25~

UNLESS ~KEValen~

APPEND ~interdia.2da~

~KEValen BKEValen BKEVal25~

UNLESS ~KEValen~

Would case sensitivity be an issue? I noticed that your file names are in caps.

Have you patched the initial dialogue file into your .cre?

The other case might be a misplaced variable.

Does he spawn?

Does he talk the joining banter?

What and when exactly is the issue?

(and no, you don't start a new game; case sensitivity is not an issue, as long as you're consistent)

Have you patched the initial dialogue file into your .cre?

The other case might be a misplaced variable.

Does he spawn?

Does he talk the joining banter?

What and when exactly is the issue?

(and no, you don't start a new game; case sensitivity is not an issue, as long as you're consistent)

Initial dialogue file is in place. He spawns & the joining banter works perfectly. When I try the kickout/rejoin, instead of what I have written, I get what appear to be the generic game choices.

Banter, Lovetalks & Interjections are not functioning (I set up a small sample of each to test the coding.). The Lovetalk Timer that I set up appears to be functioning, but when it's time for a LT, instead of what I wrote, he tells the PC "Why are you wasting my time with this dialogue?"

There's also something affecting the NPC's movement; when I move the group to a different location, he takes a step or two, then stops, so I have to keep clicking on the desired destination to get him there. I'm going to dig back through the code today; I tend to find the mistakes if I walk away & let it sit overnight. If I can't get it figured out, I'll post it for review.

Initial dialogue file is in place. He spawns & the joining banter works perfectly. When I try the kickout/rejoin, instead of what I have written, I get what appear to be the generic game choices.

This is an old error, pretty much everyone made ;) You need to open your CRE file in NI, go to line 5, and set the Flags to 'no flags set'. In this case you will have to resummon CRE to make sure the changes took place.

In this line:

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~KEValen

Is KEValen your creatures death variable (script name) or his CRE name?

Also you might want to open the PDIALOGUE and INREDIA with your NI and see if the files got assigned; it looks like they didn't. ;)

Yep, export flag.

There's also something affecting the NPC's movement; when I move the group to a different location, he takes a step or two, then stops, so I have to keep clicking on the desired destination to get him there.

A mismatched variable in one of your dialogues. If you check every baf-d pair, you'll be sure to find the guilty party eventually.

This is an old error, pretty much everyone made ;) You need to open your CRE file in NI, go to line 5, and set the Flags to 'no flags set'. In this case you will have to resummon CRE to make sure the changes took place.

In this line:

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~KEValen

Is KEValen your creatures death variable (script name) or his CRE name?

Also you might want to open the PDIALOGUE and INREDIA with your NI and see if the files got assigned; it looks like they didn't. ;)

Could've sworn I set the "No flags", but I've redone him once or twice, so I'll have to recheck.

KEValen is both the DV & CRE name...I'm still a bit fuzzy on when and where each should be used, so gave them the same name.

And will check the PDIALOGUE & INTERDIA files as soon as I get home...they won't let me install the game on my work comp ;)

Thanks!

OK...the "No Flags" was set in the CRE file. PDIALOGUE & INTRADIA files showed that my stuff had been appended. I've looked at these lines until my eyes crossed; I'm hoping that a fresh look by someone with a better understanding of the technicalities will find what I'm missing.

The basic problem: Joining dialogue works fine, but nothing after that does: interjections, banters (tried the ctrl-i with the console), Lovetalks (the timer works, but the NPC doesn't use the scripted dialogue; instead, he asks why I'm wasting his time with useless banter.)

The files are as follows:

KEValen.baf (This one seems to work)

IF

See([PC])

NumTimesTalkedTo(0)Global("HendakReleased","AR0406",2)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Dialogue([PC])

END

//Romance

IF

InParty(Myself)

Gender(Player1,FEMALE)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

RealSetGlobalTimer("KEValenRomanceTimer","GLOBAL",300)

SetGlobal("KEValenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

SetGlobal("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)

END

IF

InParty(Myself)

See(Player1)

RealGlobalTimerExpired("KEValenRomanceTimer","GLOBAL")

Global("KEValenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

!AreaType(DUNGEON)

CombatCounter(0)

!See([ENEMY])

OR(2)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",3)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

IncrementGlobal("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)

END

IF

InParty(Myself)

See(Player1)

RealGlobalTimerExpired("KEValenRomanceTimer","GLOBAL")

OR(2)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",2)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",4)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

DIALOGUE(Player1)

END

KEValen.d (this one works fine)

BEGIN KEValen

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0) Global("HendakReleased","AR0406",2)~ THEN BEGIN FirstMeeting

SAY ~My <LADYLORD>, I thank you for our freedom.~

++ ~Who are you? I've never seen anyone like you before.~ + HalfDemon

++ ~A demon? Get away from me, foul creature!~ + LikeOthers

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN HalfDemon

SAY ~My name is Valen Shadowbreath. I am what is known as a tiefling, with both human and planar blood in my veins.~

++ ~You seem strong. How did Lehtinan manage to enslave you?~ + DrugMe

++ ~You have demon blood? Perhaps you should remain locked up!~ + LikeOthers

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN DrugMe

SAY ~I made the mistake of stopping here for a drink and a night's rest. Lehtinan saw the opportunity to obtain a unique specimen and served me drugged wine. Once I was imprisoned, he kept me from escaping by threatening to kill the women and children if I did so.~

++ ~You stayed to protect them? Such courage is admirable. I would be pleased to have you join us. My name is <CHARNAME>~ DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenJoined","GLOBAL",1) JoinParty()~ + ValenJoin

++ ~Only a fool would permit himself to be restrained by such threats. The strong survive and the weak perish; that is the way of the world.~ + YourDebt

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN ValenJoin

SAY ~I would welcome the opportunity to repay the debt I owe you, my <LADYLORD>. I am yours to command.~

IF ~~ THEN EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN LikeOthers

SAY ~(He eyes you with cold disdain) I see that you are little better than the crowds that called for my blood as I fought. I will make my way on my own...and I do not recommend that you try to detain me.~

IF ~~ DO ~EscapeArea()~ EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN YourDebt

SAY ~(He shrugs) Some would see it that way, but the choice was mine to make, and I have no regrets. I remain in your debt; should you have need of one skilled in battle, you have only to ask.~

IF ~~ THEN EXIT

END

IF ~NumTimesTalkedToGT(0)~ THEN BEGIN ReturnDialogue1

SAY ~Yes, my <LADYLORD>?~

++ ~I have decided that you would be of use to me. I call upon you to honor your debt. My name is <CHARNAME>.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenJoined","GLOBAL",1)

JoinParty()~ + HonorDebt

++ ~Never mind.~ EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN HonorDebt

SAY ~(Valen eyes you appraisingly) I will do as you ask, that I may repay the debt I owe you, but I will not tolerate insults or abuse, to me or to any other.~

IF ~~ THEN EXIT

END

AR0406.baf (spawn file...seems to work)

IF

Global("KEValenExists","AR0406",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("KEValenExists","AR0406",1)

CreateCreature("KEValen",[2736.452],3)

End

And here's where things stop working:

KEValenP.d (instead of what is written, I get what seem to be generic kickout dialogues.

BEGIN KEValenP

IF ~Global("KEValenJoined","GLOBAL",1)~ KickedOut

SAY ~You wish me to leave, my <LADYLORD>?~

++ ~You have more than repaid your debt to me, Valen, but I think it best if we part ways for now~ DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenJOINED","LOCALS",0)~ + WillWait

++ ~Not at all, Valen. I would not wish to lose such a trusted companion.~ DO ~JoinParty()~ EXIT

END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN WillWait

SAY ~As you wish. I will remain here, should you change your mind.~

IF ~~ THEN EXIT

END

IF ~Global("KEValenJoined","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN ComeBack

SAY ~You have returned, my <LADYLORD>. Does this mean that you wish me to rejoin you?~

++ ~Indeed, Valen. I have missed your company.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenJoined","GLOBAL",1) JoinParty()~ EXIT

++ ~Not yet, but perhaps in the future~ + WillWait

END

KEValenJ.d (the interjections simply don't work)

BEGIN KEValenJ

//Interjections

//Slavers

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS HENDAK 17 KEValenHendak1

== KEVALENJ IF ~InParty("KEValen") InMyArea("KEValen") !StateCheck("KEValen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN

~Well fought, my friend! I had hoped to arrive in time to assist you, but it seems that our former owner was not so formidable without women and children to use as a shield.~

END

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS HENDAK 58 KEValenHendak2

== KEVALENJ IF ~InParty("KEValen") InMyArea("KEValen") !StateCheck("KEValen",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN

~We must move with all speed, <CHARNAME>. Once they learn of the coup here, they will sell off the children as quickly as possible.~

END

//Circus

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS AERIE 42 KEValenAerieOgre

~Be cautious, <CHARNAME>. This 'damsel in distress' may be no more than another trick of the sadistic mind behind this illusion.~

END

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS KGENIE1 7 KEValenKgenie1

~Illusions and riddles...Only a coward would hide himself behind such subterfuge, but he obviously considers himself superior. That pride may well serve as an advantage to us.~

END

INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS KALAH2 9 KEValenKalahDead1

~This greedy fool could never have managed such magics on his own. A greater evil was afoot here, <CHARNAME>, but with the pawn dead, we will likely never know who began the game.~

END

BKEValen.d (Banters & LoveTalks do not function; when the LT timer expires, the NPC uses a generic line about wasting time with useless banter)

BEGIN BKEVALEN

//Lovetalks

//LoveTalk1

IF ~Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",2)~ KEValenLT1

SAY ~My lady, I have not properly expressed my gratitude to you for freeing me and bringing an end to the operations of the slavers~

++ ~No further thanks are needed, Valen. No one of any decency could have permitted such an atrocity to continue.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",3)~ + KEValenLT1.1

++ ~(Look him up and down boldly and wink at him.) Just as soon as we find an inn for the night, you can show me all the gratitude you want!~ DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",3)~ + KEValenLT1.2

++ ~I gained some coin, the use of the Copper Coronet as a cheap place to sleep and your strong arm to aid me in my quest. You do not need to blather on about gratitude; just help me find Irenicus and we'll call it even.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",3)~ + KEValenLT1.3

END

IF ~~ KEValenLT1.1

SAY ~That may be, but those of decency seem to be few and far between. I spent six months as Lehtinan's captive, and in all that time, I saw only people screaming for me to shed blood...either mine or that of my opponent.~

++ ~The business that Lehtinan ran was not the type to attract the decent, Valen. Most people are better than that.~ + KEValenLT1.11

++ ~Six months? As powerful as you are, you could have freed yourself long before that! You should have left the others to fend for themselves.~ + KEValenLT1.12

END

IF ~~ KEValenLT1.11

SAY ~I hope that you are right, though I must admit to a certain amount of curiosity as to the reason for your presence in such a place.~

++ ~My friend, Imoen, has been taken by the Cowled Wizards, a powerful group of mages who seem to control much in Athkatla. I was seeking information on where to find her, as well as the wizard who was taken along with her. He held us captive for some months, torturing us, and killed two of our companions.~ + KEValenLT1.111

++ ~I was held captive and tortured by the wizard Irenicus! He was taken by the Cowled Wizards, a shadowy group of mages likely no better than he! I was there seeking information on where he was taken so that I may take my revenge on him for the pain he caused me!~ + KEValenLT1.111

++ ~That is none of your concern. I brought you along to fight, not ask questions.~ + KEValenLT1.3

END

IF ~~ KEValenLT1.111

SAY ~(His sapphire blue eyes narrow, and he nods slowly.) So, you do understand how it feels to be held against your will. It will be my honor to fight at your side until you have achieved your goal, <CHARNAME>.~

IF ~~ THEN EXIT

END

IF ~~ KEValenLT1.12

SAY ~(His sapphire blue eyes narrow, and he looks at you in disappointment.) I could not have gained my freedom knowing that I had left others behind to be punished in my stead. I had hoped that you would understand that.~

IF ~~ DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

END

IF ~~ KEValenLT1.2

SAY ~(He looks startled, then blushes a deep red.) I...did not intend to insinuate such a thing, my lady. I simply wished to thank you for doing what far too many chose not to do. I must admit a certain curiosity, however, as to why you were in such an establishment in the first place.~

++ ~My friend, Imoen, has been taken by the Cowled Wizards, a powerful group of mages who seem to control much in Athkatla. I was seeking information on where to find her, as well as the wizard who was taken along with her. He held us captive for some months, torturing us, and killed two of our companions.~ + KEValenLT1.111

++ ~I was held captive and tortured by the wizard Irenicus! He was taken by the Cowled Wizards, a shadowy group of mages likely no better than he! I was there seeking information on where he was taken so that I may take my revenge on him for the pain he caused me!~ + KEValenLT1.111

++ ~That is none of your concern. I brought you along to fight, not ask questions.~ + KEValenLT1.3

END

IF ~~ KEValenLT1.3

SAY ~(He nods slowly.) I see. I will discharge my debt to you to the best of my ability, <CHARNAME>, but I warn you that I will not be a party to anything that brings harm to the innocent. I have seen more than enough of such things in my lifetime.~

IF ~~ DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)~ EXIT

END

//NPC Talks, Valen Initiated, Non-Scripted

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("Anomen")

See("Anomen")

!StateCheck("Anomen",STATE_SLEEPING)

!StateCheck("KEValen",STATE_SLEEPING)

CombatCounter(0)

!See([ENEMY])

Global("KEValenAnomen1","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BKEVALEN KEValenAnomen1

~I already have horns, Helmite. Do you stare at me in the expectation that they will grow, or perhaps you believe that I will sprout a second head and go in search of babes to devour?~

DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenAnomen1","GLOBAL",1)~

== BANOMEN ~I simply believe in caution, tiefling. The Order teaches that those with planar blood are prone to succumb to the taint of evil within them.~

== BKEVALEN ~I was released from the taint of my demon blood some time ago, surfacer, by one who was more compassionate than your Order seems to have made you.~

== BANOMEN ~If that is true, then we shall have no quarrel, but I will remain vigilant until you have proven yourself to my satisfaction.~

== BKEVALEN ~Watch all that you wish, Helmite, but do it from a distance. I have had enough of such narrow-minded, pious sentiments to last a dozen lifetimes.~

EXIT

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("Jaheira")

See("Jaheira")

!StateCheck("Jaheira",STATE_SLEEPING)

CombatCounter(0)

!See([ENEMY])

Global("KEValenJaheira1","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN KEVALEN KEValenJaheira1

~You have known <CHARNAME> for some years, have you not?~

DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenJaheira1","GLOBAL",1)~

== BJAHEIR ~I knew <hisher> foster father, Gorion, quite well. My - my husband, Khalid, and I had agreed to assist <CHARNAME> in the event that something befell Gorion. We have been with <himher> since Gorion's death...or at least we were until - (She looks away, unable to continue.)~

== BKEVALEN ~I am sorry for your loss, my lady. I did not intend to cause you pain.~

== BJAHEIR ~No...my memories of Khalid are precious to me. I will not surrender them because of the way in which he was killed.~

== BKEVALEN ~The pain of loss is too often the price paid for daring to love.~

== BJAHEIR ~You speak as though from experience.~

== BKEVALEN ~It was...long ago, and I fear that I do not have your strength, my lady. I would speak of it no more.~

== BJAHEIR ~As you wish.~

EXIT

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("Minsc")

See("Minsc")

!StateCheck("Minsc",STATE_SLEEPING)

CombatCounter(0)

!See([ENEMY])

Global("KEValenMinsc1","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BKEVALEN KEValenMinsc1

~Minsc, I believe that your pet has gone wandering.~

DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenMinsc1","GLOBAL",1)~

== BMINSC ~Boo is no mere pet! He is a miniature giant space hamster, and Minsc's valiant comrade in the kicking of evil butts!~

== BKEVALEN ~I see... My apologies for the mistake, however, your comrade is currently gnawing upon one of my horns.~

== BMINSC ~Boo must keep his teeth sharp to gnaw on the marrow bones of evil! He must truly like you to entrust your horns to such a vital task!~

== BKEVALEN ~I am...honored...greatly, but I would prefer that he find another place to sharpen his teeth. The horns do have a certain symmetry that I would like to preserve.~

== BMINSC ~Of course! Come, Boo! Minsc remembers a merchant on the bridge who sells horns and hooves! (Boo squeaks enthusiastically)~

== BKEVALEN ~(Under his breath) And I thought that the Blood Wars had shown me all there was to be seen...~

EXIT

CHAIN

IF ~InParty("Nalia")

See("Nalia")

!StateCheck("Nalia",STATE_SLEEPING)

CombatCounter(0)

!See([ENEMY])

Global("KEValenNalia1","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BKEVALEN KEValenNalia1

~Tell me, my lady, how does a daughter of the nobility come to care for the fate of the downtrodden?~

DO ~SetGlobal("KEValenNalia1","GLOBAL",1)~

== BNALIA ~My father, and my mother before she died, both believed in helping the less fortunate. I learned from them.~

== BKEVALEN ~And did you learn from them your habit of patronizing those whom you are helping?~

== BNALIA ~(Her face flushes.) I - I don't mean to! It's just that sometimes it seems to me that many of these people could help themselves, if they would only put forth a bit more effort!~

== BKEVALEN ~That may or may not be, but your own efforts will meet with limited success so long as you seem to be no more than a rich dilettante seeking to salve her conscience by slumming.~

EXIT

ValenNPC-Setup.TP2

BACKUP ~ValenNPC\Backup~

AUTHOR ~Kendris at aelfwyn@cox.net~

BEGIN ~Valen Shadowbreath Mod for BG2:SoA~

COPY ~ValenNPC\KEValen.cre~ ~override\KEValen.cre~

SAY NAME1 ~Valen~

SAY NAME2 ~Valen~

SAY TIRED ~I grow weary. We should rest soon.~ [MALE005C]

SAY BORED ~Surely we can find a better use for our time~ [MALE005D]

SAY BATTLE_CRY1 ~Taste the blade of justice!~ [MALE005A]

SAY BATTLE_CRY2 ~To victory!~ [MALE0058]

SAY BATTLE_CRY3 ~May our foes fall before us!~ [MALE0059]

SAY DYING ~I require healing soon!~ [MALE005M]

SAY SELECT_COMMON1 ~You have need of me?~ [MALE005F]

SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~I am yours to command.~ [MALE005G]

SAY SELECT_COMMON3 ~My sword and my service are yours.~ [MALE005H]

SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~It shall be done!~ [MALE005I]

SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~Right away!~ [MALE005J]

SAY SELECT_ACTION3 ~I shall do my best!~ [MALE005K]

SAY CRITICAL_HIT ~My blade strikes true!~ [MALE005Z]

SAY CRITICAL_MISS ~I'll not miss the next time!~ [MALE0051]

SAY TARGET_IMMUNE ~My weapon cannot damage this creature!~ [MALE0052]

SAY INVENTORY_FULL ~I fear I can carry no more.~ [MALE0053]

COMPILE ~ValenNPC\KEValen.d~

COMPILE ~ValenNPC\KEValenP.d~

COMPILE ~ValenNPC\BKEValen.d~

COMPILE ~ValenNPC\KEValenJ.d~

COMPILE ~ValenNPC\KEValen.baf~

EXTEND_TOP ~Ar0406.bcs~ ~ValenNPC\AR0406.baf~

APPEND ~pdialog.2da~

~KEValen KEValenP KEValenJ KEValenD KEVal25P KEVal25J KEVal25D KEVale25~

UNLESS ~KEValen~

APPEND ~interdia.2da~

~KEValen BKEValen BKEVal25~

UNLESS ~KEValen~

I'll quite happily build a shrine to anyone who can tell me where (and in how many ways) I'm messing this up.

PDIALOGUE & INTRADIA files showed that my stuff had been appended.

Okay, this is good.

OK...the "No Flags" was set in the CRE file.

Are you checking in NI(Near Infinity)? Check "Export Allowed" flag - is it really, really absent?

In NI - when you see Script Name, is KEValen there? Like, KEValen, exactly the same and nothing else? And KEValen.bcs should be in his Override script, which is a distance away from there - right?

PDIALOGUE & INTRADIA files showed that my stuff had been appended.

Okay, this is good.

OK...the "No Flags" was set in the CRE file.

Are you checking in NI(Near Infinity)? Check "Export Allowed" flag - is it really, really absent?

In NI - when you see Script Name, is KEValen there? Like, KEValen, exactly the same and nothing else? And KEValen.bcs should be in his Override script, which is a distance away from there - right?

Yep...NI is my friend (it's this mod that I'm beginning to think hates me ;) )

Flags - (No Flags Set) - Double checked & it's tellin' the truth

Status - (State Normal)

Override Script - KEVALEN.BCS

Default Script - INITDLG.BCS

Death Variable (aka Script Name?) - KEValen

Dialog - KEVALEN.DLG

Check if something is wrong with the way PDIALOG.2DA has been appended by changing the "multig" default entry on the second line with something else (maybe one of KEValen's dialogues). If your KEValen dialogue triggers when you kick the NPC out, it will indicate that something is wrong with patching of PDIALOG.2DA.

I'm not sure about this, but you might be able to test something similar with the "NONE" default entry in INTERDIA.2DA as well.

Your original question was whether other mods could affect this. You could try uninstalling them just to see if the problem lies therein, although I can't think of anything in those mods that would affect your dialogues.

OK...question: the following lines would seem to be coding for similar results, i.e., the initiation of dialogue by the NPC

KEVALEN.D

IF ~NumTimesTalkedTo(0) Global("HendakReleased","AR0406",2)~ THEN BEGIN FirstMeeting

BKEVALEN.D

IF ~Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",2)~ KEValenLT1

&

IF ~InParty("Anomen")

See("Anomen")

!StateCheck("Anomen",STATE_SLEEPING)

CombatCounter(0)

!See([ENEMY])

Global("KEValenAnomen1","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BKEVALEN KEValenAnomen1

The only one that works (KEVALEN.D) uses THEN BEGIN; are the other lines an error on my part or a functional string of code (in other words, should I insert THEN BEGIN in those lines where it is not included)?

Archived