Troubleshooting

Kendris

Check if something is wrong with the way PDIALOG.2DA has been appended by changing the "multig" default entry on the second line with something else (maybe one of KEValen's dialogues). If your KEValen dialogue triggers when you kick the NPC out, it will indicate that something is wrong with patching of PDIALOG.2DA.

I'm not sure about this, but you might be able to test something similar with the "NONE" default entry in INTERDIA.2DA as well.

Your original question was whether other mods could affect this. You could try uninstalling them just to see if the problem lies therein, although I can't think of anything in those mods that would affect your dialogues.

The filenames are showing up on NI in the PDIALOG & INTERDIA 2DA (how important is exact alignment with the appropriate column?). Tried replacing the default values, but still get the same results as before.

On the plus side, I evidently managed to find and correct the mismatched global, since I no longer have to use a cattle prod to get him to follow me around.

(how important is exact alignment with the appropriate column?). Tried replacing the default values, but still get the same results as before.
Shouldn't really matter in my knowledge -- but I'm sure you tried that as well.

Try making all KEValenJoined variables LOCALS. Currently, only one is LOCALS and the rest are GLOBAL. Don't know if that'll work -- apart from your typo, the global handling seems reasonable otherwise.

Got it figured out. The saved game that I was using was inside the Copper Coronet, where he spawns. That seemed to have been preventing the updated .d files from running. Opened a saved game outside the Coronet & went inside, and that took care of things.

Kickout Dialogue, Interjections & NPC Banters are running as intended. Still some problems with the LoveTalks, but that seems to be something with the Romance Timer that needs tweaking.

Thanks for the advice! (and I'll undoubtedly be asking for it again ;) )

All right...got a laptop with XP on it, so I'm back in the modding business (and trying to remember what the hell I was doing).

Flirts & banters working OK, and the LoveTalks work right up until I get to the one that is supposed to trigger when resting outdoors (I could have sworn the damn thing worked when I left off...)

This is the scripting in the KEVALEND.baf file:

IF

Global("KEValenRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",13)

InParty(Myself)

See(Player1)

!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

AreaType(OUTDOOR)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

IncrementGlobal("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)

Interact(Player1)

END

I checked, & the Global doesn't seem to be incrementing...stuck at 13

This is the scripting for the sequential LoveTalks in the regular BAF file:

IF

RealGlobalTimerExpired("KEValenRomanceTimer","GLOBAL")

InParty(Myself)

See(Player1)

!AreaType(DUNGEON)

CombatCounter(0)

!See([ENEMY])

OR(8)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",3)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",5)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",7)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",9)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",11)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",15)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",17)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

IncrementGlobal("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",1)

END

IF

InParty(Myself)

See(Player1)

OR(10)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",2)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",4)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",6)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",8)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",10)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",12)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",14)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",16)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",18)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",20)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

INTERACT(Player1)

END

Should the LoveTalks scripted in the D.BAF file be kept separate from the sequentials? I'm thinking that I've created a conflict somewhere that is keeping the IncrementGlobal command from working, but my eyes are currently crossed from going back & forth between the files :)

Try splitting it up -

IF

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",13)

InParty(Myself)

See(Player1)

AreaType(OUTDOOR)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",14)

END

as the block - you have two Interacts (one for the block, and a second one for the original block). That should not be a problem, but I don't see much else to suggest. If things don't work well, toss me a copy at svowles at comcast dot net tomorrow (I have a free hour in the afternoon) and I will take a look at the stuff in context and see if i can spot the mismatch (if you don't find it in the meantime :) ).

as the block - you have two Interacts (one for the block, and a second one for the original block).

No. It's a dream script. You don't split blocks in dream scripts, because it leads to the talk not happening for sure.

Some areas in game are flagged incorrectly. Try resting in several areas. Make sure it's actually an outdoor area, and not, for example, Nalia's Keep.

If things don't work well, toss me a copy at svowles at comcast dot net tomorrow (I have a free hour in the afternoon) and I will take a look at the stuff in context and see if i can spot the mismatch (if you don't find it in the meantime :) ).

Sent & thanks!

Would having the 'Rest Anywhere' tweak active interfere with rest-location triggered dialogues? I have the Tweak Pack loaded, & I'm pretty sure that I activated that feature.

(IN case this isn't sorted yet). Are you sure you rested in an OUTDOOR area, and player1 was near your NPC? Have you cross-checked the D.baf is appended and spelled correctly?

I see something I want to point out:

IF

InParty(Myself)

See(Player1)

OR(109)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",2)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",4)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",6)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",8)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",10)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",12)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",14)Can be taken out, as it is in the dream script

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",16)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",18)

Global("KEValenLoveTalk","GLOBAL",20)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

INTERACT(Player1)

END

Archived