mod installation order for 2 runs through the series

Lemernis

Okay, I'm trying to set up installation for two very different runs through the entire saga. I'd appreciate feedback on install order.

I've done this much

BG/ToSC patched

SoA/ToB patched

Easy Tutu

Easy Tutu Degreenifier

And here is what remains to be installed:

BG1

Easy Tutu NPC Kits v2

The Gray Clan v1

Sirenes Call v7

Gavin v2.1beta

One Pixel Productions v2

Sword Coast Stratagems v4

BG2

BG2 Fixpack V3

Kelsey ToB v22

Kivan and Dehriana v7

Oversight v10

PnP Celestials v4

Song and Silence v1

Sword and Fist v1

Unfinished Business v15 - note: do not install the 'Minor Dialogue Restorations' component because of conflict with BG2 Fixpack

BG2 Tweaks v4

Tactics v23

Ascension v1.4.21cz

FYI, here are the two planned games:

Game 1

On the first run I'll be playing a custom party of five, and I want this game to be very smashmouth and melee-oriented. It's an unlikely assortment of mercenaries. (Note: this will be the first time I've tried out Tactics and Ascension.)

protagonist - human Fighter, LG, dual wielding a variety of weapons but with an emphasis on swords that have bonuses versus evil

human male CN dual classed Berserker 7/Stormlord of Talos (in BG2 hammer Crom Faeyr in the offhand and any number of possible weapons in the main hand)

dwarven female LN Monk (dwarves can be monks? or not? hope so)

half-elven female CG multiclass Kensai/Mage

halfling male NE Assassin

Game 2

After that game is completed, on the second run through I intend to use

protagonist - half-elf male CG ranger/cleric

Imoen

Kivan (and Deheriana into BG2)

Xan (into BG2)

Edwin or Kelsey

which I realize will be very magic-heavy and tank-light, but I want to finally get around to trying out the various NPC mods here. The game will be happy-patched, btw.

I've never used Edwin. I would liked to have fit Kelsey into this game, but I don't see how I can with Deheriana added. Although maybe Edwin can wait for a future game and I can use Kelsey instead.

I think I'll forget about the second game for now. For this installation I'll just concentrate on the first game (the custom party of 5).

I forgot to mention that I wanted to try Weimer's Underrepresented Items, so I've added that in there too.

So does everything look okay if I install in this order then?

BG/ToSC patched

SoA/ToB patched

Easy Tutu

Easy Tutu Degreenifier

Easy Tutu NPC Kits v2

All of these to the 'BaldursGate Tutu' folder:

The Gray Clan v1

Sirenes Call v7

One Pixel Productions v2

Then the BG2 mods (which are are installed to the BG2 folder, not 'BaldursGate Tutu', right?):

BG2 Fixpack V3

Weimer Underrepresented Items v5

Oversight v10

PnP Celestials v4

Song and Silence v1

Sword and Fist v1

Unfinished Business v15 - note: do not install the 'Minor Dialogue Restorations' component because of conflict with BG2 Fixpack

BG2 Tweaks v4

Tactics v23

Ascension v1.4.21cz

And btw, is the monk class available to dwarves? I don't see any racial restrictions for monk mentioned in the manual. I'm looking forward to playing a female dwarven monk.

Does anyone know if Moinesse's Avatars has a good avatar for female dwarves?

I think Tactics and Ascension are better off installed first, because they are such old mods.

With the Fixpack, "Shapeshifting paws"(or something) and BETA Core fixes are better off left alone, too.

Also, since you'd like to try out NPCs like Edwin and Kelsey and Kivan and Xan - perhaps you'd consider BG1 NPC Project for your TUTU installation, whether for your second run, or later, or earlier? It really adds to the game.

Thanks for the replies. ;)

I think Tactics and Ascension are better off installed first, because they are such old mods.

Where would you put Tactics and Ascension in that installation order? And am I correct about the installation paths?

BG/ToSC patched

SoA/ToB patched

Easy Tutu

Easy Tutu Degreenifier

Easy Tutu NPC Kits v2

All of these to the 'BaldursGate Tutu' folder:

The Gray Clan v1

Sirenes Call v7

One Pixel Productions v2

BG1 NPC Project

Then the BG2 mods (which are installed to the BG2 folder, not 'BaldursGate Tutu', right?):

BG2 Fixpack V3 - note: do not install shapeshifting claws or core beta fixes components

Tactics v23

Ascension v1.4.21cz

Oversight v10

PnP Celestials v4

Song and Silence v1

Sword and Fist v1

BG2 Tweaks v4

Not sure about anything else, but I do remember that monks are human only. Sorry!

Ah, too bad. There's no mod that lifts the racial restrictions for certain classes, eg, to allow a halfling wizard, and so forth?

How about if I use Shadowkeeper to change a human monk's race and appearance to dwarf? A dwarf lacks the monk's kick animation... is that likely to crash the game? (I wouldn't think so.)

Btw, does anyone know if Moinesse's Avatars offer any changes to a female dwarf?

Also, since you'd like to try out NPCs like Edwin and Kelsey and Kivan and Xan - perhaps you'd consider BG1 NPC Project for your TUTU installation, whether for your second run, or later, or earlier? It really adds to the game.

Yes, I forgot to include BG1 NPC Project to the list. Though in the upcoming game it won't matter much, because the only NPC will be Imoen, and I'm very familiar with her BG1 NPC Project banters by now.

Someone pointed out to me elsewhere that with three non-Bioware NPCs clustered into one game, I'm going to miss out on a lot of banters written for the Bioware NPCs! They'll banter with the PC, Imoen, and Edwin, of course. So maybe this is not such a good plan after all to try to pack Kivan, Xan, and Kelsey all into one game... I dunno, what do you think?

Well, Kelsey and Kivan have banters, and Kelsey and Xan might have them, too, it's just the latest version of Crossmod Banter Pack isn't out/the editing hasn't been done. ;)

I changed my elven fighter to monk via SK, and it worked.

I think Tactics/Ascension are okay when installed this way, but someone might know even better.

Oversight v10

PnP Celestials v4

Song and Silence v1

Sword and Fist v1

I don't play this stuff, so I cannot say.

I'd appreciate feedback about this custom party also ;)

Fighter, human male, LG

Mainly I want to test out dual-wielding with grandmastery.

Berserker 7/Stormlord of Talos, human male, CN

Will I have to Shadowkeeper this? I'm using Divine Remix, so when I dual class from Berserker, won't I have the option of selecting Stormlord?

Monk, dwarven female, LN

I realize I will have to Shadowkeeper a human to dwarf here.

This just sounds like quirky fun to me, although animation-wise perhaps it'll probably be better to use a human female (or Shadowkeeper her to elf and still get the kicking animation). I know monks are very weak early on, especially in BG1 Tutu, but I've read that by the end of the game they're devastating.

Kensai/Mage, half-elven female, CG

This should be not trouble to Shadowkeeper, right? I reckon I'd start with a Fighter-Mage and then edit. But since I'm using Sword and Fist, will I still be able to select Kensai from the editing options? What about editing to some sort of specialty mage?

Assassin, halfling male, NE

I've heard Assassins are very powerful because of their backstabbing ability, but the downside is that they are rather poor meleers.

Just for aesthetics, I do want for this character's race to be halfing. (Already have the custom portrait and soundset picked out, and looking forward to playing him.)

Should I therefore consider making this character a multi-class something-or-other? I'd have to Shadowkeeper him. But perhaps start with thief-mage and edit him into an Assassin-Necromancer? I've heard that this class is really fun for things like Poisoned Melf's Minute Meteors, and so forth. Plus he can use a lot of touch spells that might be fun such as Ghoul Touch, Vampiric Touch, and so on.

Guest Guest

Hmm, I just tired installing The Grey Clan, One Pixel Porductions, and Sword Coast Strategies to the 'BaldursGate Tutu' folder and the DOS window for the setup.exe each just opens and closes immediately.

If I understand the Easy Tutu instructions 'BaldursGate Tutu' is the installation path, correct? What might I be doing wrong?

I do want One Pixel Productions for both BG1 and BG2. Should I install it to the BG2 folder?

Your TUTU folder is the one - the folder where EasyTUTU is installed. Choose the folder from which you're running TUTU game, and unpack your mods there.

Also, you could re-run Setup-Mod.exe from your TUTU directory once again, in case it hasn't auto-updated the first time.

Guest Guest

Yeah, I uninstalled all of them inside the BadursGate Tutu folder. Where it calls for a path to be selected that's the path I choose. All the mods files unpack okay inside the BaldursGate Tutu folder, but I can't get the setup.exe for each mod to install.

In regular Tutu v4 you have to run the game once to populate the files. I don't see any such instruction for Easy Tutu but should I do it anyway?

Oops, that was me obviously, not logged in.

Also, what about 1PP? Do I end up installing that twice? Eg, once the the BaldursGate Tutu folder and a second time to the SoA folder? And ditto for Weimer's Underrepresented Items? Or just once for both to the SoA folder?

Oops, that was me obviously, not logged in.

Also, what about 1PP? Do I end up installing that twice? Eg, once the the BaldursGate Tutu folder and a second time to the SoA folder? And ditto for Weimer's Underrepresented Items? Or just once for both to the SoA folder?

The EasyTutu install is completely separate from any BG2 installs you have, so any mods that you want to use in both games should be installed in both directories. If the setup for the mods is giving you troubles, you need to confirm that you have extracted everything to the correct directory. Navigate to wherever you actually installed EasyTutu and extract all of the mods you plan to use to this folder before starting to install anything, then run them in the order you plan.

I just started over by uninstalling both BG1 and BG2 (deleted Black Isle folder as well).

I did a fresh install for each game, patched. (BG/ToSC and SoA/ToB, full installs.)

I installed Easy Tutu. And the the Easy Tutu Degreenifier (to the BaldursGate Tutu folder).

Just in case I need to populate files, I then started all three games one time: Tutu, BG1/ToSC, and SoA/ToB.

Now I'm going to try again after dinner, and hopefully everything will wotk!

I'm confused about what to do with the BG2 Fixpack for installation of my Tutu game.

From the instructions in the BG2 Fixpack, it looks like I would install it to the SoA folder. Since Tutu uses the BG2 engine will that affect Tutu?

Or does the BG2 Fixpack have no bearing at all on Tutu?

Do I install it to both the 'SoA' and 'BaldursGate Tutu' folders?

I think I worked this out, but for some reason the installers wouldn't work unless I ran a previous installation again (I had to start an already installed startup.exe and quit). Everything is installed, just weird. I didn't install the BG2 Fixpack to Tutu, hope that doesn't bugger things up if I was supposed to have done it.

Archived