Kit Creating Alternative Method?

Guest February

Guest February

Hey, first of all, I would like to apologize for talking about a kit creating program that is unrelated to WeiDU. It is because I want one so bad but I am a complete computer noobie so I really dont have the confidence to follow the tutorial and script it myself. (and I think you cant edit the kit 'sorcerer') However, I was browsing on the sorcerer forums and I came across a pre made kit making program, called kiteditor3. It is outdated I believe, but I still got it to open. My question is, does anyone know of a proper instructions for that program? Because whenver I change things, the kits that I altered do not show up on the character creation screen anymore.

And possibly if there are any other easy-to-use kit making program out there, will someone please kindly point me to one? I come in desperation because the I asked this same question in the sorcerer forum and those members told me to ask it here

I really appreciate it

While that old software had a certain appeal of being user-friendly, in the end it's using WeiDU and Cam's tutorials that is the easiest and bug-free way to go. You'll spend less time trying to run that old junk and having things crashed, corrupted etc, than learning the ropes and working with the tool that is actually functional.

To echo Domi's words - the safest and best way to create a kit is to read the WeiDU documents and the tutorials, then experiment, then post questions. A solid reading of back posts will give you a handle on what works and where folks makes mistakes - I getthe impression form reading back forum posts that the program in question is not stable, and I have not found any instructions available. Even if there were, the bigg has now built all sorts of stuff into WeiDU to make this process easier.

Guest Guest

It is to my knowledge that even if I have learned how to use WeiDU, there is no way I can edit the class 'sorcerer', am i wrong? If you guys know the kit 'druidic sorcerer' made by someone, I just want to be able to create a kit like that >_<

No, all you can do with the sorcerer is to replace it, the same thing the Weavings (which I was going to try for years) does with the Wild Mage. It does not take on kitting, as it is hard-coded. But you can add a kit to a kittable class, ie bard. I am not sure if it was Weimer who did the druidic sorcerer, but I think it was him, and then it probably used WeiDU.

It is to my knowledge that even if I have learned how to use WeiDU, there is no way I can edit the class 'sorcerer', am i wrong? If you guys know the kit 'druidic sorcerer' made by someone, I just want to be able to create a kit like that >_

You CAN make a Sorcerer kit, but it won't be selectable on the character creation screen (you'd have to add it in game with scripts, or use an external editor), and it's hard to change things like the automatic spell learning without affecting the original class.

I believe the Monk class is similar - only the Wild Mage and Barbarian can't be kitted, as they themselves are kits.

Archived